Thread: Can I install FMCB from a modded PS1 ?

Threaded View

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobdrakkex View Post
    Hi Sorry to bump but might be useful for someone in lockdown tinkering with old consoles. Ps2 hack freedvdboot will allow you to boot homebrew/backup. Also for those who have slims funtuna\opentuna is another option to fcmb. This could be used to get exploit on to ps2 mem card
    yeah, but freedvdboot is discontinued since august 2020 afaik, and it only works for slims, it doesn't work many models of phat/fat (example: 2.13E and 3.02E are not supported, still).... and the developers don't seem interested in fix that or to provide updates (guess they're tired of wasting DVD's, lol) or so it seems since the many requests on their github page received no answer. I think many people will wait in vain. Too bad, it looked really promising.

I just solved my problem anyway days ago with swap magic, borrowed from a friend of mine, and UlaunchElf homebrew disc. I had to screw the ps2 drive a bit, but it worked, magically.
    From there I used the guides on the internet to install fmcb with USB and voilà. problem solved....
    ... but I think there should be still an option for using a modded PS1 as system to install FMCB... people say, true, all the elf executable is more than a ps1 mem capacity, but I think that a bunch of code can be shrinked to the necessary. Let's not kill all hopes... it could be a nice work of hobby for some modders, they can take inspiration from my idea.
    Last edited by barleyman; 27th-March-2021 at 21:52.