Page 4 of 182 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To Now IV? *ARCHIVE*

Thanks

Guys, try and put a bit more in your posts, I don't want to start handing out points here.

Converge - The Saddest Day

Unlike most Hardcore or Metalcore, this song actually goes for a while, 7 minutes. It has some fucking awesome riffs in it, two of which I can play. The buildup (one of said riffs) in the middle is easily the best part, there's just so much tension around that point...

Thanks

Sparta - Cut Your Ribbon

The "other" band that came out of At The Drive-In, this is a completely different beast to The Mars Volta. Comparing the three bands to each other only results in the conclusion that they're all surprisingly unique and seperate. This is the emo half of ATDI, although thankfully of the angry hardcore variety that you would expect. The best song that I've sampled from Sparta so far, although admittedly I haven't heard much.

Must obtain money...

Thanks

Cut Your Ribbon is cool, if hat's the same song I'm thinking of. The single that's in 3/4?

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark (Live)

This is from their live album "A Real Live Dead One", and this version was released as a single from that album. I love how dedicated the Maiden fans are. This song wasn't a single or anything, but I swear everybody in the crowd must be humming the melodies and singing. The fast riff just scomes out of nowhere aswell. "It's just a power ballad, oh wait"...

ClimbTheNRG Guest

Incubus ~ Pardon Me (Acoustic)

it's sooooooooo good acoustic. The original Pardon Me is wicked good, but the acoustic has silent power. When you listen to it you're just like "Woah..."

Thanks

Cut your ribbon is a great sparta track!

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

I just love this track. The fact that they used an orchestra is so awsome. Bonzo's drumming seems so simple yet in some parts he does some pretty sweet beats. Plant's voice is as ever, unbelieveable. They make me proud to live in england!

ClimbTheNRG Guest

Jimi Hendrix ~ The Star Spangled Banner

O-M-G, I think it's brilliant. LOL. It takes him about 2 minutes to get back to the actual song. I love it though. And then the drummer in the backround, even though he's just trying to stay warm...(at least that's the story i heard)

punkboywannabe Guest

Los Crudos - la cadia something something

who needs to understand words? its all about the music mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

rar rar la la laaaaaaa you get the idea chug chuga chuga

Thanks

Iron Maiden - Caught Somewhere In Time

Great long solo in this one. The opening track for what is fast becoming my favourite Maiden album. Fuck though, I'll listen to another one soon, and it'll be my favourite. Ooops, on Wasted Years now. I love the whole electronic vibe in this song. One thing I love about Maiden is how the feel of some songs represent the feel of the album cover art. This and Powerslave are perfect examples...

Thanks

Iron Maiden - Moonchild

Trying out some of the Maidens stuff. Sounds darn good so far.
    Ich hore sehr gern Iron Maiden. That's wrong, but it doesn't matter.

Thanks
    EP Points

Slipknot - Do Nothing

From their 'Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat.' EP, back when they only had about 3 or 4 members, and their original vocalist. It's kind of like weakish death metal, but then it goes to jazz, then back to weakish death metal, then to funk. I like this song because it's much more experimental than any of their recent efforts...

Thanks
    EP Points

Muse - Time is Running Out

An awesome song with an even more awesome video... Muse have been one of my favourite bands of recent years, and, after hearing a few tracks off their new album, I can say I'll definetly be buying it when it comes out... While not, perhaps, up to the quality of some of their older stuff, I do think this is an excellent single...

ClimbTheNRG Guest

NOFX ~ Jeff Wears Birkenstocks

it's almost like it was written about one of my friends. he's obsessed w/ birkenstocks, and my other friends and i had to burn one of his pairs because we were so fed up

Thanks

Originally posted by Elin
    Muse - Time is Running Out

An awesome song with an even more awesome video... Muse have been one of my favourite bands of recent years, and, after hearing a few tracks off their new album, I can say I'll definetly be buying it when it comes out... While not, perhaps, up to the quality of some of their older stuff, I do think this is an excellent single...
    I assure you this album will not disappoint, my album of the year (Although Dance Of Death is closing in on it fast, plus there's a new DT in November).

The Mars Volta - Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)

After a couple of spins, I think I can safely say this is my favourite track from De-Loused In The Comatorium. I'm not sure I agree with this Progressive Punk genre they've been labelled with. Progressive Emo perhaps...

Thanks

Dosed by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Mmhmmm...what to say, Chili Peppers rule, Dosed is off their latest album "By the Way" and has many good songs, possumly not their best thats for sure but they are still quite good.
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks

Equlizer - Sweet Mary

This song is addictive this first time you listen to it. I love the easy guitar and the awsome lyrics, the third part is really cool too. This song is my fav equalizer song
    Time Travel?
    “All have their worth and each contributes to the worth of the others.”