Thread: MagicV Modchip question

Exodia11 Guest

Default MagicV Modchip question

Does the MagicV require soldering

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd imagine that it would, as most PS2 mod-chips that offer that kind of functionality often do. That said, I'm not too sure. Your best bet would be to do a bit of web surfing and research the matter a bit more...

Thanks
    EP Points

It DOES require soldering.

Thanks

im thinking of getting a magicV but that soldering part bothers me and their is no professional solders around and i dont think its that legal to have a mod chip. Any one here installed one of these magicV chips. If so explain in detail what it was like
    [

Thanks
    EP Points

Modchips are illegal in nearly all countries now, even Australia.

Thanks

Stupid SCEA!

Thanks

it's not illegal in Canada is it? because I've seen a whole bunch of canada sites selling modchips...

Thanks
    EP Points

It may not be. I'll ask someone.

Thanks

Yes it does require soldering, approx 22 wires (I think) and people with little or no soldering skills SHOULD NOT TRY TO DO IT as you might end up with a blown up chip, blown up mobo or a DEAD PS2. Why risk it man. Get a PROFESSIONAL MODDER to do the stuff. He might also give you some warranty if something goes wrong in the near future.

Check out Vanit's situation. He had a Messiah 2 installed and after a week or two, his ps2 stopped playing backups. Now he has taken his ps2 back to the modder and he is gonna fix his problem or provide him with a NEW PS2. Now thats cool.

Get a person in your area like that. DON'T TRY IT YOURSELF IF YOU HAVE LITTLE OR NO SOLDERING SKILLS.

If not, then sell your existing ps2 and buy a premod with some warranty or something.
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 24th-January-2004 at 04:03.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

I think it would be cheaper to send ur PS2 off to a guy that mods PS2's(find some on the net) then to buy a newly mod'd chiped one that would cost roughly round $300-350 USD.

Thanks

they're illegal!? crap don't tell me parents!!! anyway i ordered a modchip from modchipstore.com, what are the chances of me getting caught?
    <a href="http://www.geocities.com/bctbasser/yumero.html">My Trading List</a>
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    128Mbs ATI Radeon Mobility 9700
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

Thanks
    EP Points

What countrys are they Illegal? I mean surely its only illegal to copy games you dont own already (backups). I thought that all those places selling modchips would have been shut down if the actual chip was ilegal.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Norgus
    What countrys are they Illegal? I mean surely its only illegal to copy games you dont own already (backups). I thought that all those places selling modchips would have been shut down if the actual chip was ilegal.
    well i think there pretty much illegal in all the countries, and its still illegal to backup games that u already have due to the fact that u dont need the original disc if u have it backed up on a CD-Rm, and u could just sell the original somewhere for money. And for the modchip selling sites, i dont know