Thread: Arg. Yet another PC problem for me.

Thanks

Default Arg. Yet another PC problem for me.

Heh, I have no luck with PCs. I have another problem. I figured out the reason I've been getting spyware recently. My Internet Connection Firewall isn't enabled. So as I go to enable it, I encounter an error: "An error occured while Internet Connection sharing was enabled. The dependancy Service or group failed to start." I hate computers.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try other firewalls. I like Tiny Personal Firewall.

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

Also make sure you didn't accidentally click on the ICS feature. BTW window's firewall isn't very good at all, and in fact causes quite a bit of problems for those who play multiplayer games online. Zonealarm blocks almost everything, i think nortons was said to be better but I am sure I will be corrected.
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks

If your wanting to just keep ad/spyware programs off your computer just edit your hosts file. There are dozens of site that keep updating hosts file to block ad/spyware heres one:
    http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

Now if your looking for a good firewall: I would recommend blackice for a nice gui and zonealarm for a little better security.

But the best way to go about setting up a firewall is if you have a computer laying around that is not doing anything turn that little putter in to a dedicated firewall. Here are 2 products I recommend so that you can do this ipcop.org and freesco.org

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks
    EP Points

I have had problems with the Window's Firewall behind routers. It doesn't let me share files and stuff.

Thanks

sorry to do this in your thread, man. if i have a dial-up modem, is there any reason for me to be worried about a firewall? i know not to worry about routers but should i have a firewall upgrade?