Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trinkets, heirlooms, keepsakes, memorials, mementos, curiosities and so on!

Ziegfried Guest

Default Trinkets, heirlooms, keepsakes, memorials, mementos, curiosities and so on!

Right, so. How many of you have any sort of family heirloom things? I noticed a few people in that one thread talking about old grenades and bayonets and what not, so I got the idea of this thread. Go on, brag.

Me? Well. I have a cook book that I got from my dad, that he got from his dad. That's about it. Yeah, my family is a bit... Disillusionised about most things.

Thanks

Umm...I can't honestly think of a single thing I have like that. :/

Ziegfried Guest

No, Gospel, no thesaurus was involved.

Thanks

My family has about 3 pieces of furniture made of oak that have been passed down. It's pretty buttnasty taste but it's really old and I guess it means something to us. As for me, I bought this 70's stereo system from my dad with ADvent speakers and everything. It's got a tape deck, a graphic equalizer, a moniter without lights working, and I just bought a dvd player to play cd's with it. And the record play bwns too.

I call him putter putters. But that's not his name. his name is goober. But you will call him kitty.

Thanks

i have absolutely nothing like that and dont want any either, who wants some old junk?

Thanks

it's not old junk you "teenybopper" (ha, my dad says that word). It's memories in physical form

I call him putter putters. But that's not his name. his name is goober. But you will call him kitty.

Thanks
    EP Points

There are a couple of pieces of furniture, and an Hand Painted Ostridge egg, and other Hancrafted goods from varius countrys.

Thanks
    EP Points

My mother has a music box that belonged to her mother, and for all I know her mother's mother. That's about the only family trinket that comes to mind, I don't have any personal heirlooms. I have certain things that are precious to me personally, but nothing that's been handed down per se.

Oh! We also have a cabinet in our living room from the house of William Soutar (a famous Scottish poet). My father was writer in residence at his house for about two years, and while we lived there he discovered this cabinet in the garage, all rotted away. He did it up, got rid of the woodworm and the likes, and when the time came for us to leave, the cabinet came with us. I guess that's something for future generations of Jamiesons. Or something.
    Last edited by Harmony; 17th-August-2004 at 22:17.

Thanks

We have an old rifle from the origional mexican revolution :: cough cough :: Or something like that, I have a tendancy to zone out about these things.

Thats about it, but I think it is great to have those kind of things in the family!

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a watch from my dad, some custom hand made tools from my great granddad and some other tools from my poppa oh and a heap of stamps that my mum had that my nanna gave to her

Thanks

I have that old grenade I mentioned in another thread I received from my dad.

But that dandy little grenade's importance to me is nothing compared to the lost dinner and tea-set my father had..
    It was a fine bone china collection, each item was covered in beautiful floral decorations.. The title "old country roses" sparkled in gold on their backsides with the royal crown and the name "Royal Albert" printed aswell.
    They were givin to my parents as a wedding gift from one of my Grandmothers, I believe.. I gazed at that set for years, hoping one day it would belong to me.. and I could later pass them onto my own children.

But that was not so..

There was a twist to everything.. after my parents divorced, the entire set was givin to my father- which was quite a bad idea.
    Oh, a bad idea INDEED! years after that set was in his hands, sitting in his china cabnit for years.. not being used.. the set mysteriously dissapeared after one of his many moves.
    What happened to the huge set of the Old Country Roses bone china? It's quite a sad ordeal.. my father claims he gave it to some woman for safekeeping.
    We know he pawned them.

he pawned that set. that set was going to belong to me. ME.
    I loved that set.. I was so incredibly fond of that set.. and he PAWNED IT!
    A little piece of me DIED after I heard that dreadful news.. I just wanted to curl up and die.. how could he have done it? why? WHY would he do such a thing to the most beautiful Dinner ware and Tea-set in history!? WHY!?

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Uncle Evil Guest

Well as mentioned before i have my WWII Jap bayonet and my great great grandfathers money clip i also have a bunch of cards from WWII (trading type cards) that i got from my grand father when he died and also have an antique dressor that my grandfather used when he was little oh and how could i forget my Hitler Youth knife

Thanks

how could i forget my Hitler Youth knife
    I have one of these, but it isn't of much sentimental value since it didn't belong to anyone previously and it's just a replica..
    It looks good on my belt, though.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Uncle Evil Guest

oh mines authentic it wasnt issued to anyone i know but some how i ended up with it and for the record my bayonet is authentic aswell

Thanks

World War II stuff rocks. One day I am going to buy some guns from WWII as my own sort of trinkets (probably want the MP40, STG44, kar98k, BAR, Garand, Thompson, Mosin Nagant, springfield, Luger, Colt, FG42, and/or PPSH, as well as various other things), but I don't really have any trinkets at the moment. My parent's probably have some stuff, but I suppose they haven't passed it on yet, or won't pass it on to me.
    All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
    I like watchin the puddles gather rain
    And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
    and speak my point of view
    But its not sane..
    I just want some one to say to me
    Ill always be there when you wake
    Ya know Id like to keep my cheeks dry today
    So stay with me and Ill have it made
    And I dont understand why I sleep all day
    And I start to complain that theres no rain
    And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
    And it rips my life away but its a great escape..
    All I can say is that my life is pretty plain...