Thread: Help with ps1 files.

EmuDimension Guest

Default Help with ps1 files.

People are submitting me some ps1 files to add to my site and I don't know how to use them. They give me files like .cue, .img, .sub, .ccd, etc. Is there anyway I can make it into a normal cd or into a .iso file? Please someone help me!

Thanks

I don't know how to convert them but these work the same way as isos just ripped by a different program. You can a program like Alcohol 120% and burn all thes to a cd.

Chipp_Zanuff Guest

You can use DAEMON Tools to mount the image and use IsoBuster to make it into an iso.

Once IsoBuster is installed and the game image mounted with DAEMON Tools, open IsoBuster and right-click on session1 > highlight Extract Session 1 (Image) > click RAW (*.bin, *.iso) > name the game and put ".iso" (w/o quotes) in the file name.

There have been people on this forum who have said that IsoBuster messes up some games, but I have not had that problem yet.

If you want to make it into a CD, use Alcohol 120%.

edit: The (Image) is actually has <> around it.

EmuDimension Guest

Where can I find daemon tools?

reagan80 Guest

A simple Google search will reveal..................http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...55a9a9faf0d5f1

az_bont Guest

They are created by CloneCD by Elaborate Bytes. They can be played directly in ePSXe, burned with Alcohol 120% and CloneCD (obviously), and mounted with virtual drive software like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% for use with other emulators.

EmuDimension Guest

az_bont I didn't get what you posted...

Well I have even more trouble now though, my friend sent me a .mdf file and he's playing Musashi while I can't get it to work on the epsxe emulator. He is using epsxe too.

-Edit
    Is there anyway to make .bin files and .img files into .iso files without burning them onto a cd then extracting them with isobuster? Also, what are .sub files for? Do I need them? Thanks for all your help so far guys. Once I get my FTP up, you all can have full access to over 500roms and 10 iso ps1 games.

Chipp_Zanuff Guest

You don't have to burn it to CD then use IsoBuster. You can create an iso image after you mount the game with DAEMON Tools. DAEMON Tools makes a virtual drive which acts like a CD/DVD-ROM drive. Just read what I first posted.

Chipp_Zanuff Guest

You need all those files if you are going to play the game or mount the image.

SUB - Sub Channel Data, the sub channel data of all tracks of the CD

Thanks
    EP Points

The img and sub files are from the same disk. The mdf files are from Alcohol 120%. They will mount with Daemon's Tools that you can then play that virtual drive.

EmuDimension Guest

so do I need to .sub file? I just got deamon tool off someone and alcohol 120% that i paid for.... but yea i am trying to use the tools with the .mdf files and it won't work.

Chipp_Zanuff Guest

Do you have a .mds file? I think you might need that to mount it with DAEMON Tools or Alcohol 120% (both can mount images).

Alcohol can mount:

.mds (Media Descriptor Image file)
    .ccd (CloneCD Image file)
    .cue (CDRWIN Image file)
    .bin (CDRWIN Image file)
    .bwt (Blindread Image file)
    .iso (Standard ISO Image file)
    .cdi (DiscJuggler Image file)
    .nrg (Nero Image file)

DAEMON Tools can mount:

.cue (CDRWIN Image file)
    .iso (Standard ISO Image file)
    .bwt (Blindread Image file)
    .cdi (DiscJuggler Image file)
    .ccd (CloneCD Image file)
    .mds (Media Descriptor Image file)
    .nrg (Nero Image file)
    .pdi (Instant CD/DVD Image file)

edit: added descriptions

EmuDimension Guest

ok sorry for all the dumb questions so far but what do you mean when you say mount?