Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: The Communist Guild

Thanks

Originally posted by leatherman
    Yeah because I have enough money to live and I am not told what to do by my government as much as I would be under communism. The US is living proof that capitalism works. For communism to work everyone would have to think exactly like the leader. If you don't believe me look at history. They kill whoever is against them.
    One, Communism doesn't = dictatorship, get that through your head once and for all.

Two, you have enough money, what about the people who are ABUSED by capitalism...I guess the rich capitalist never thinks about them.

Third, define something that works. Because one could say something works yet it definately wouldn't mean it is good.

Thanks

Originally posted by Xaenn
    One, Communism doesn't = dictatorship, get that through your head once and for all.

Two, you have enough money, what about the people who are ABUSED by capitalism...I guess the rich capitalist never thinks about them.

Third, define something that works. Because one could say something works yet it definately wouldn't mean it is good.
    capitalism works because everyone has a chance to do better. Life is indeed not fair but if you work hard enough you can make something out of yourself in this life. My blender also works. Hasn't communsim always had a dictator. Who is abused by capitalism? I am not exactly rich so I don't know what you mean about me never thinking about the poor. But I think that communsim promises a Utopia and everyone knows that is impossible. You need to watch the movie Enemy at the Gates. In the end the guy says something that you should pay attention to. After you have seen the movie then respond.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

I don't have the time to be bothered to go watch some movie.

Ok, communism and having a dictator...that's a bad argument because a country having a dictator doesn't determine it's economic system. Plus the communist manifesto calls for nothing of the like. This is the ideology, or system we are talking here, not what has been associated with some of its implementations.

You CAN'T necessarily make something out of yourself in life. You are very poor in a third world country. You work for $100 a year in order to try and feed your family. You have no way to get an education, no way to get out. THAT'S CAPITALISM!! Just because the rich people in the US, UK, whatever, don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. That's how these big corps can make so damn much money. By stealing it.

If you have a decent house, and own a computer, or maybe even a car as well, you are rich. There are many much richer than you, but you have more than a LARGE percentage of the world.

Thanks

Ok, communism and having a dictator...that's a bad argument because a country having a dictator doesn't determine it's economic system. Plus the communist manifesto calls for nothing of the like. This is the ideology, or system we are talking here, not what has been associated with some of its implementations.

You CAN'T necessarily make something out of yourself in life. You are very poor in a third world country. You work for $100 a year in order to try and feed your family. You have no way to get an education, no way to get out. THAT'S CAPITALISM!! Just because the rich people in the US, UK, whatever, don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. That's how these big corps can make so damn much money. By stealing it.

If you have a decent house, and own a computer, or maybe even a car as well, you are rich. There are many much richer than you, but you have more than a LARGE percentage of the world.
    Precisely, it's easy just to think about yourself. What if you are a drugged-down bum? Got any chance for a new life then?

IfritRoms.com - Click the banner above!

<a href="http://www.cerberos.web1000.com/games_psx.htm">My PSX List (I dont trade anymore, sorry) </A>

Thanks

Originally posted by Ifrit
    Precisely, it's easy just to think about yourself. What if you are a drugged-down bum? Got any chance for a new life then?
    yes but a capitalist would say that it was the bum's own fault for being drugged-up? bum.

Stick with the fact that capitalist countries take and rape poorer countries for their own benefit, much safer that way, there is little defence to that argument. Capitalist western countries take from the weak for their own benefit, there is no justification for that. someone living in another country has no possible way of gaining anything from capitalism no matter how hard they try.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

1) You can't use the argument that capitalism doesn't work by looking at other countries that aren't under capitalism and saying "Look! The system doesn't work! These people can't even feed themselves!" They aren't in a capitalist society.

2) From a purely economic perspective, if they weren't getting paid by the US to work, exactly where would they get their money? See, at least they're getting something, even if it's not much. Money is exchanging hands, and they're better off than if a capitalist society wasn't paying them.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

Thanks

Yeah because I have enough money to live and I am not told what to do by my government as much as I would be under communism. The US is living proof that capitalism works. For communism to work everyone would have to think exactly like the leader. If you don't believe me look at history. They kill whoever is against them.
    So basically, you agree that for capitalism to thrive, you need plently of wealth and for communism to thrive you need good qualitied men, well all I have to say to that, is today they both requiites are nearing extinction. America is probably the only country with enough wealth in the world to follow capitalism, and only if you have that kind of wealth can capitalism be successful, otherwise, it's a theory as flawed as saying that you were born from a rooster. CAPITALISM IS FOR RICH SODDY BASTARDS WHO CONSTITUTE 1% OF THE WORLD!
    And that my friend, is what we call-a minority...
    If anyone killed and waged wars against the following of an ideology--capitalism (i.e. the following of communism) it was our liberator America...hint...Vietnam!
    For communism to work you need workers with demands for better condition, and a managerial system who complies with their demands, I think this part of the world's population comes under a majority. America is so rich, that you people don't have to go to college and can live the same standard of life by working for 5 yrs. as a cashier in McDonald's, as a slogger in a 3rd world country like ours, who spent his nights in a night school and worked for half his life on a field. Most Americans live ignorantly in their bliss and don't have the same problems that a worker in Africa or Latin America has, thus capitalism is best suited for stinky rich countries, and not for the world filled with hungry stomachs and empty pockets.
    So I would with your kind permission like to rephrase your statement to US is the ONLY proof that capitalism works
    Every other capitalist country in the world lives off the investments and dividends of America's capital.

Thanks

Originally posted by Dingy
    So basically, you agree that for capitalism to thrive, you need plently of wealth and for communism to thrive you need good qualitied men, well all I have to say to that, is today they both requiites are nearing extinction. America is probably the only country with enough wealth in the world to follow capitalism, and only if you have that kind of wealth can capitalism be successful, otherwise, it's a theory as flawed as saying that you were born from a rooster. CAPITALISM IS FOR RICH SODDY BASTARDS WHO CONSTITUTE 1% OF THE WORLD!
    And that my friend, is what we call-a minority...
    If anyone killed and waged wars against the following of an ideology--capitalism (i.e. the following of communism) it was our liberator America...hint...Vietnam!
    For communism to work you need workers with demands for better condition, and a managerial system who complies with their demands, I think this part of the world's population comes under a majority. America is so rich, that you people don't have to go to college and can live the same standard of life by working for 5 yrs. as a cashier in McDonald's, as a slogger in a 3rd world country like ours, who spent his nights in a night school and worked for half his life on a field. Most Americans live ignorantly in their bliss and don't have the same problems that a worker in Africa or Latin America has, thus capitalism is best suited for stinky rich countries, and not for the world filled with hungry stomachs and empty pockets.
    So I would with your kind permission like to rephrase your statement to US is the ONLY proof that capitalism works
    Every other capitalist country in the world lives off the investments and dividends of America's capital.
    But there is proof that it works and that is more than you can say for communism. How can you say communism would be better than capitalism if you have never lived in a communist country. that is like saying I would love to wrestle sharks but I have never done it before, but i am sure i would like it. No sense is made.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

True I have been blessed to llive where i live but you can't say you think communism will work when yuo have never lived in that system.

Thanks

Originally posted by Maison
    1) You can't use the argument that capitalism doesn't work by looking at other countries that aren't under capitalism and saying "Look! The system doesn't work! These people can't even feed themselves!" They aren't in a capitalist society.

2) From a purely economic perspective, if they weren't getting paid by the US to work, exactly where would they get their money? See, at least they're getting something, even if it's not much. Money is exchanging hands, and they're better off than if a capitalist society wasn't paying them.
    1) I can't say for sure the economic systems they are under, but if not capitalism, then what? And the problem is the reason they can't afford to feed themselves is because of the rich capitalists.

2) They are getting paid something, but not nearly enough. They are just trying to survive. If capitalism didn't work this way, it wouldn't be a problem. However a big part of the problem is that most of the countries have never been able to recover from decolonization. So trying to completely fix that or even go into that is a bit messy.

But can you really say they are being paid fairly? The only way you would work for that little pay is if it was your only chance to survive. The thing is, they are in that bad of a situation BECAUSE of capitalism. They've been forced to adapt into a capitalist society in which its impossible for everyone to proser or even survive.

True I have been blessed to llive where i live but you can't say you think communism will work when yuo have never lived in that system.
    I haven't lived in it, and I don't know that it would work for sure. But I do know there are serious flaws with capitalism and trying something new couldn't get a hell of a lot worse.

Thanks

I haven't lived in it, and I don't know that it would work for sure. But I do know there are serious flaws with capitalism and trying something new couldn't get a hell of a lot worse.
    I think that is what Hitler told the Germans.....yep....he was wrong.

Thanks

Once again that's totaly irrelevant to the issue.

Thanks

Once again that's totaly irrelevant to the issue.
    No because if an evil person gets in power it could get a lot worse.

Thanks

So communism = an evil person in power?

I don't understand where you're getting these strange ideas from. There are corrupt people, in any form of government.

Thanks

So communism = an evil person in power?

I don't understand where you're getting these strange ideas from. There are corrupt people, in any form of government.
    True but when the power is centralized in a few it is worse than having it in the hands of many. Another reason that communism won't work is because people are motivated by self-intrests. People don't work because they like to which is one of the three main cornerstones of communism. They work because they want a better life for themselves. For communism to work you would have to have a perfect central government and everyone would have to go along with it.....that my friend is called a utopia, because it would be perfect.