Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: The Communist Guild

Thanks

Thankyou Xaenn!
    Originally posted by NimaGraven
    If we all ended up in a marxist society, we'd probably work longer hours than 9 to 5.. Probably more like 6am to 7pm.. Especially if you're in agriculture. I don't want to labour this way, so why should I? And you talk about the final way the Marx system is implemented.. At it's final way.. You really believe people could drop work as a farmer and do programming? I think a lot of people would find farming boring. Wouldn't that cause civil unrest, don't you think?
    If you're an agriculturer in a capitalist society, you will have the same working hours as that of a farmer in a Marxist society, like you said, in capitalism, you have the freedom to put in as many hours as you want to because agriculture is hugely an enterpreneural sector, but for a good stock and healthy output you will have to put in a good amount of hours as well, thus your argument there isn't valid. And as for more working hours in communism, you've obviously got the whole idea wrong, because, the one thing that workers can bargain for are decent working hours. I agree that it's unfair that A works for 5 more hours as B but gets the same wages, but hey! who said capitalism is all that fair? And the fact that the system survived existing as an analogy of an anomaly in a system, is commendable.

In any kind of civil unrest you will either get anarchy or the government controlling you.. I.e. fascism.. That's constraining your civil liberties. And believe me, because of the way humans are, you would get civil unrest. You get it now, you'd get it even worse in a Marxist society.
    Since when did the "govt. controlling you" = facism? How can you say that any kind of civil unrest=anarchy, when there is a system of law and order in communism, you do know that communism is not primitive communism or a form of direct democracy, it is a system where each person is accountable for his own actions, and I honestly think you've used the words "civil unrest" quite loosely in your posts, which implies that communists are a bunch of ruddies with nothing better to do in life except sit on their asses, and grow money plants and continually cause civil unrest which henceforth cannot be controlled.

We bring up starvation again, eh? As mentioned in another post, Marxism isn't the only answer to cure starvation of people. Like I said, if everyone became vegetarians, you could stop starvation that way as the corn, etc you use to feed animals could be used to feed the many starving in Africa and Asia and heck even in our own societies.
    I assumed that with your extensive knowledge of biology and genetics that you displayed earlier, that you would notice two apparent flaws in your statement above:
    1)if everyone becomes a vegetarian, then the food cycle will be disturbed which will lead to dissonance and imbalance in nature, so that wouldn't be a fabulous solution to starvation.
    2)What does feeding corn to the starving Asians and Africans, have to do with becoming a vegetarian? The damn animal still has to be fed something, or did you forget that?
    Don't you think that instead of depriving animals their food we grow more food and practice agriculture more extensively than we currently are? That's the problem with the capitalist attitude, take from one, give to the other, screw the former, you see, Robin Hood wasn't really a communis ; )

Until the human race is perfect, you'll never acquire true perfection
    The human race will never acquire perfection, because we always strive to get better, there's no end to what 'perfect' means, and as the human race gets better, so does communism, sadly capitalism tells a different story about the quality of human beings.

Yes, but the way you go on about Marxism and natural resouces.. You make it sound like some kind of cross between puritism and doomsday. And if you are born dirt poor in Africa that's why you have people trying to help them with charitable work in the first place.. How would Marxism help any of that? If you end up in "communities" of say 20 people and you feed YOUR community, how do you feed people in Africa?
    There are different ways of getting people together and getting them to work together, you know, being part of a community doesn't always mean being associated with religion, it could be a community of farmers, a community of craftsmen, etc. And charity doesn't have to have religion as a cause. Why do you think Marxism can't help in any of that, I fail to understand and would like you to elaborate more on that, so I can get a clear perspective on your stance.

I mean, let me see. If they really wanted to make it work that way in the first place, they would have DONE it that way..
    They have DONE it that way, maybe you don't know or something else, but Communism is still surviving, and through ALOT! The US branding all communist countries as either dictatorial or evil or some bull shit, they're facing economic embargos, maybe if US cut them some slack, they might be able to get a hold of their country and govern it independantly and then maybe we'll decide if communism is a faliure or not. Right now, if you are abreast with world developments you might know that every communist country is having a hard time in the international scenario because its branded, just for following an ideology! It has been a success, and it has to evolve as an ideology, or else it will become redundant, however to say that it has NEVER been successful would be ignorant of the past.

Oh nope. Have no problem with that. What I did say was in a left wing economic state, the government wants to have a lot more say in your life. Marxism and Communism is an extremely left wing economic ideal.. When it spirals out of control, you end up with more governmental control enforced upon you. Either that or you can live in an anarchy.
    You are wrong there, Marx believed in a stateless society, and however much it has not been implemented fully in communism, it has adhered to the fact that it wants the state to gradually wither away. And communism is possible even today.

The true definition of a democracy (in a very basic form) is a country which has the power to vote out its leader.

That makes Iraq under Saddam Houssein's reign a democratic country. Sure you could either vote him or vote to "die" but it still had terms and a ballot paper.
    The true defination of a democracy is for the people, by the people and of the people, and more so, a country where people have the power to vote IN their representatives.
    Are you aware of the fact that Saddam Hussein conducted a referendum under international scrutiny in 1995 (I'm not too sure about the year) which conferred upon him the right to rule for the next 7 years and then the great US hailed it's accusations of wmds.

Thanks
    EP Points

The true definition of a democracy (in a very basic form) is a country which has the power to vote out its leader
    False. True democracy its when a whole nation rules and votes.
    One man - almost dictator.

I assumed that with your extensive knowledge of biology and genetics that you displayed earlier, that you would notice two apparent flaws in your statement above: 1)if everyone becomes a vegetarian, then the food cycle will be disturbed which will lead to dissonance and imbalance in nature, so that wouldn't be a fabulous solution to starvation. 2)What does feeding corn to the starving Asians and Africans, have to do with becoming a vegetarian? The damn animal still has to be fed something, or did you forget that? Don't you think that instead of depriving animals their food we grow more food and practice agriculture more extensively than we currently are? That's the problem with the capitalist attitude, take from one, give to the other, screw the former, you see, Robin Hood wasn't really a communist ; )
    Damn right. Respect to Dingy.

About theory, my thoughts:
    Recently i read one sci-fic book about future.
    Book wasnt about our subj, but one thing i noticed.
    IF human future will be bright (i mean, great sciense and
    technologic progress, discovery of solutions to mosts human
    problems like hunger, ecology etc.), then feeding one man will cost nothing.
    I mean, very, very cheap. Pretty realistic (i know, im optimist, i belive in us)
    So cheap, that dont even bother.
    Everything will be in income. SO, need of money fades.
    What for, if humanity has everything, what it needs???
    SO, if our future will be bright, and our civilization will survive and progress,
    im 90% sure there will be communism.
    Youll ask, what will people do if they wont have to labour??
    Ill answer. Those wil be golden times. As you know, human just cant sit on his sofe and do nothing. 1 - 2 weeks maximun. He needs to do something.
    So people will work hard in science (because its damn interesting), art, or
    space exploring.
    Yeah, its the future i belive in!
    Long live communistic party!
    Communism - bright future for all mankind!

Last edited by Urn; 10th-May-2004 at 20:29.

Thanks

Can someone give me an instance where communism has worked and has been good for the people?
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

The 1920's. In Russia. Unaffected by Depression. Or were you just not reading?

Thanks

Originally posted by urn
    About theory, my thoughts:
    Recently i read one sci-fic book about future.
    Book wasnt about our subj, but one thing i noticed.
    IF human future will be bright (i mean, great sciense and
    technologic progress, discovery of solutions to mosts human
    problems like hunger, ecology etc.), then feeding one man will cost nothing.
    I mean, very, very cheap. Pretty realistic (i know, im optimist, i belive in us)
    So cheap, that dont even bother.
    Everything will be in income. SO, need of money fades.
    What for, if humanity has everything, what it needs???
    SO, if our future will be bright, and our civilization will survive and progress,
    im 90% sure there will be communism.
    Youll ask, what will people do if they wont have to labour??
    Ill answer. Those wil be golden times. As you know, human just cant sit on his sofe and do nothing. 1 - 2 weeks maximun. He needs to do something.
    So people will work hard in science (because its damn interesting), art, or
    space exploring.
    Yeah, its the future i belive in!
    Long live communistic party!
    Communism - bright future for all mankind!
    Nice book, Urn! What's it called, btw? Anyway, it brings in a new perspective to the whole issue...the future.
    I too think that if we are optimistic and science and artistic prowess will get help us reach new heights and at one point of time, there will be harmony and peace in the world, that time may be centuries away, but it will come, and then maybe people will see that communism just needs the right implementation and it's basically a flawless ideology.
    And it's so much more complicated than that, I mean, there are so many hinderances in the rightful and liberal implementation of communism today, what with the US branding every communist country as evil since the damn Russian Revolution. We live in the 21st century, jeez, get a little perspective in life Mr. President, let countries atleast choose their own govts. without your nose getting in the way!

Thanks

I've been looking, but not touching...
    Communism sounds good, but if WaffenSSBroli isn't in charge then i want nothing of it. He was the first person i know to say anything about Communism...I will speak no further...

Thanks

Originally posted by Urn
    False. True democracy its when a whole nation rules and votes.
    One man - almost dictator.
    In a sense, you basically just said what I said anyway...

Oh, and what I gave you was the true definition..

Or do you wish to argue with a board of examiners?

Heh heh, note I said "In it's very basis" it doesn't mean the country IS democratic or anything.

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, right.
    Demos - people, Cratos - people.
    Nothing said about the leader.
    Tell that to your board of examiners.

PS. Also wanted to say sorry for all mistakes i made
    writing in English, and translating. Well, eng is not my language.

Thanks

Um.. Urn, if you read my original post on the subject you would note I said people have the vote (loose in other terms: power) to vote out their leader.... And i say it's loose power because it was still a vote in Iraq.. But not quite, but it still by definition made it the definition of a "democracy".

And... I'm really not going to reiterate this for a fourth time, so you best just read my post properly instead of stating what I'm already stating....

Thanks

de�moc�ra�cy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-mkr-s)
    1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
    2. A political or social unit that has such a government.
    3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
    4. Majority rule.
    5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

Let's not argue over definitions. I would like to say however that atleast in America we don't really have much of a democracy....

Anyway, if you really wanna see democracy at it's best, look at ancient Athens.

Thanks

Originally posted by Xaenn
    de�moc�ra�cy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-mkr-s)
    1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
    2. A political or social unit that has such a government.
    3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
    4. Majority rule.
    5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

Let's not argue over definitions. I would like to say however that atleast in America we don't really have much of a democracy....

Anyway, if you really wanna see democracy at it's best, look at ancient Athens.
    I was taking point 1's view.

As for that definition though, it striked me today as rather fake..

I mean, it's "government by the people" right? But if it was really government by the people, then everyone would be accountable inside a "parliament" and every issue debated would be stated by the people.

But in fact, in every government and every democracy you have those "elected representitives" but how are they supposed to actively represent thousands of people with different views and opinions?

I suppose referendums are handy.. I guess.

Still, politicians are human.. And sometimes you wonder if they do things for their "constituency" (Or whatever word you use in other countries) or for themselves and their own motives.

At the end of the day, most politicians are "yes men", always trying to find a way into a higher position inside the Executive..

And your comment about America not being a democracy? Well, by text book definition it is..

Your elected judges have a political view.. Well, they have to to get elected .. (Which is just a tip of the iceberg really..)

But I suppose by common perception, it isn't.

Which raises a scary point.. A majority government is seen as a democracy?

Heh, from common perception of "democratics" it's not exactly "democratic" if you have a majority government.. Because it's hard to oppose the rule of that government.. Well, especially in this country.. They can pretty much do what they want.. Even the judiciary has no real power to stop them, especially if the government passes the Act of Parliament on them.. Then they can't stop any policy or legislation.
    EDIT: Sorry. What I really should say is it isn't "democratic" by common perception if you get someone with "bad ideals" in power and starts enforcing things that the public doesn't really want..

As for the third point, common people as power.. Well, as a collective yes, but as an individual, I'd say that's pretty hard to gain..

The only real collective ways I can think of that people do have power is via a pressure group or by the vote.. Which sort of ties in to what I was saying before and my definition of democracy .
    EDIT: And a vote is really the only individual way .

Ah, well, that made me rant a lot about a lot of stff .
    Last edited by Nima D'Graven; 11th-May-2004 at 16:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright. But ive found another definition
    (Its in my russian dictionary, im not in translating mood)

America truly has no democracy.
    Greece yeah, had democracy. And where is it now...

Thanks

Originally posted by Urn
    Alright. But ive found another definition
    (Its in my russian dictionary, im not in translating mood)

America truly has no democracy.
    Greece yeah, had democracy. And where is it now...
    It is in better shape than Russia is in. They had democracy way back in the day and they also had the worlds best philosophers. I think they had a good run.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Originally posted by leatherman
    It is in better shape than Russia is in. They had democracy way back in the day and they also had the worlds best philosophers. I think they had a good run.
    Yeah, way back in the day is the key part....

Thanks

Originally posted by Xaenn
    Yeah, way back in the day is the key part....
    No even now Greece is in better shape than Russia just because of your old friend Joey Stallin.