Thread: ps2 slide card or dms3 chip

Thanks

Default ps2 slide card or dms3 chip

im wondering wat would be a better choice a dms3 chip or a slide card which would be better for a v9 ps2 and which would run wif a hdloader.

Thanks

DMS3, but with a v9 ps2, i'm not sure if it's compatible, chips such as the Matrix MXL and the Ripper 2 might be a better choice for you.

A slide card may appear cheaper, but a modchip is much more convenient and slide cards can always damage your ps2.

If you are going to get a chip, remember to get it done professionally.

If you want to run it with HDLOADER, you will need a HDD (obviously) of some sort, either the official sony one, bundled with FFX1, or An unofficial one, with the correct software.

You will also need a version of the HDLOADER software.

Good luck. If you need further advice, feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Get the DMS3 . Its the best modchip out there for the Playstation 2. Trust me. You won't regret it.

Edit: I got a Magic V 50k coz I live in India and DMS3 was not available at my place at the time I bought my PS2 and I just couldn't wait anymore.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Mod chip all the way. And you dont need a chip for the HDLoader thing

Thanks

Hey, I got the slide card and you don't need to open up your ps2, if you don't need to open up the ps2, get the slide card, because I got it, but note: you can't play your backup ps1 games, unless you got a ps1 gameshark.
    Helping people with emulation problems.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mod chip is no hassle. Pop in a game, and it should go.

Thanks

ok kool thanks

Thanks

for anyone with the slide card, what exactly do you do? i was thinkin about gettin this (along with the BreakerPro or whatever it has in the combo) cuz i have a few different systems that i would play on. So, how exactly does it work, and what potential damage could it do? is it hard to use?

also, if i DID happen to get the mod chip, are those hard to install yourself? if i were to send it in, where would i send it?
    My FTP:
    IP: 24.218.143.14
    LOGIN: paradise
    PASS: paradise

Lunar 1 (w/ extras) and Lunar 2 (with extras). More ot come in the future!

Thanks

if you what the slide card, I think it a good buy because you don't need to open up your PS2 as you would with the Mod Chips. But in order for the Slide card to work, you will have to remove the front part of the PS2 CD Tray, it not that hard, there is Faqs all over the place on how to remove the front part of the CD tray. Well the silde card works like this. When you order the slide card, you will get Swap Magic Disc Cd version and DVD version. You what to play your backup CD games, put in the Swap Magic Disc Cd version and let it load, if you what to play your backup DVD games, put in the DVD version of swap magic disc, and let it load. Ok so you got a burn version of Final Fantasy X-2, because you know it DVD, put in the DVD version of Swap Magic disc and let it load, after it done loading, it tell you to insert disc. But you don't press the eject button, this is were the slide card come in. Put in the Slide Card at the BOTTOM OF THE CD TRAY, or better, AT THE MIDDLE OF THE BOTTOM OF THE CD TRAY. Then you have to slide the card to the right, it may take a few times because the slide card got a hook on the card, you have to put the side that got the hook inside the PS2, that hook got to hold a hatch that make the cd tray open. If you slide it to the right and feeling something, keep sliding, but not too hard, if done the right way, when you are done sliding to the right, pull the slide card, when you pull the slide card, you are also moving the ps2 cd tray, without the PS2 system knowing. Only make the Slide Card move the ps2 cd tray for a sec after the ps2 cd tray came out of the system, then take out the slide card and pull the LEFT side of the CD tray. When you are done pulling, put in the burn dvd game (Final Fantasy X-2) into the Cd tray, then push the Cd tray at the left side of it back into the ps2, but youa are not done yet! Even the PS2 Cd tray is close, it still not close, the hatch is at open. So at the side of the slide card that got a hook on it, put the slide card back under the PS2 CD tray and slide it to the right, the hook on the slide card got to hold the hatch again, if you done it right, and the hook got the hatch, slowly slide the card to the left, and it will make a noise inside the cd tray, that mean the Cd is really close, then you can press X on your controller and the game is playing. (if you start sliding to the left and you didn't get the hatch, keep slideing to the right until you get the hatch, then slide it to the left.) That how you used the slide card, of couse they are faqs on how to used the slide card with photos. If you used the slide card slowly, you can never hurt the PS2 at all, it works better than the Mod Chip some times. and I don't what to open up the PS2 and install a Mod Chip. Then again, my PS2 got a Mod Chip already that play all PSX backups and PS2 CD-R games, I need the slide card just to play Burn DVD games.

If you don't got a DVD burner, but what to buy Burn DVD games, go to www.consoleshack.com, they got a lot of Burn DVD games to buy, and this site is really real, I bought three burn DVD games (MPV Baseball 2004, Final Fantasy X-2 and Onimusha 3), and they say the games will get here in 2-3 days, it got here in 3 days, and all the burn games work. Note: they don't ship the games on weekends, only on weekdays. All DVD games cost 10 bucks, and all CD-R games cost 8 bucks. if you don't got a DVD burner, you can get 5 Burn DVD games for the price of one real game.
    Last edited by Fighter17; 26th-July-2004 at 14:55.
    Helping people with emulation problems.

Thanks

Bleh.

The slide card disc, once inserted, bypasses all the protection on the PS2, allowing you to play burned discs.

The downside is, that by hitting the 'Eject" button to insert your copied game, you reset all the protection again.

This is why you use a slide card to physically drag the disc drive out and swap CDs. Forcible removal of the PS2 disc drive is probably a good way to completely ass rape it.

There are other kits that replace the cover of the PS2 case ("Flip Top" or something?) where you don't have to drag the drive out.

Mod chips would be hard to install if you don't have any electronic or soldering skill, I suppose. You have to solder the chip onto the PS2 system board, or with other chips, solder various wires to different parts of the PS2 board.

Not something to do if you have clumsy ham-fists, seeing as how an errant soldering mistake can fry your board upon powering up.

You could always ship your PS2 over to a shop or something, and have a professional install it for you. No hassle.

Given the choice, the mod chip is the best way to go.