7 25.93%
  • Boring

18 66.67%
  • so so

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I encourage you to see the Republican National Convention

Thanks

The footage I've seen so far is hilarious.

400,000 marchers protesting against the convention are briefly shown. Then a very long and awesome rant by an incredibly white man, about how evil the protestors are and that he has "a right to say I don't want no Jews or Blacks or spics in my city, and the people who say that I shouldn't, say that I should live with them, say that I should be gay, they're communists, they're the communist party, they're the Democratic Party of communism and oppression and communism and being gay! Vote America, vote Republican! Vote Bush! Communists."

was that that one guy/republican from Tennesse(sp?)?

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

I like how Republicans are so uncreative that they try to parady SNL's intro. Oh right, I also like how Giulian says "Thank god Geroge Bush is our President" there was a straight to television movie a while back that made him seem like a hero, I don't get it, he quit right after 9/11.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by EGGO
    We'll invade you soon enough =0�
    You would freeze to death. Either that or get drunk off your ass from our uber strong beer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I live in an igloo, you know. :O

Thanks

I won't be watching. So far the election hasn't been that interesting; It basicly consists of:

Democrat Platform: Vote Kerry, he has Purple Hearts!

Republican Platform: Don't vote Kerry, he lied about the Purple Hearts.

Third Party Platforms: Who cares what they think? They probably don't even have any Purple Hearts (and if they say they do, they're lying).

Thanks

Oh, god... It's either horse-face or dubwya... You guys have it pretty bleak...

...But then again, so do we...

Gore should've won last time... Those elections quite sucked...

Thanks

How can some disagree and not like a view if they do not hear it? How can some find it boring if it is the talk of the town? Some watch Arnold in movies but you do not want to see him say his view on why he disagrees with u?

The conventions are not what you many assume, and the ones that posted have been wrong. The convention was good so far, it explains thing to people that do not know some issues and had plenty of humor. I don't get how some say it is boring and maybe people care for mindless games more.

But I do agree that it gets kind of cheesy to them to say �4 more years� or �thank God that Bush is president�, and cheer �USA�. You didn't see a riot with the conservatives but it was expected that the liberals would be �negatively out of control�.

Also why should Gore have won? He lost fair and square but the media as liberal as it is tries to cause controversy since it likes it. The people in Florida like the bush's that they elected and reelected George�s brother to office again and they practically have the same views. Some attack the media but favor it when it suits them and that is not good.

Well people should watch it when Allen Keys talks, he always says it well which many will like. Arnold said some interesting things by saying �if you believe that a family knows better than the government then you are a rep�, if you feel you should do what you want with your money then the government then you are a rep� So in other words it means if you do not know what how you are going thing and you need to government to do everything for you then you are not a republican. That is kind of true is you see most of the laws passed. So in that note, if you feel you do not agree and you feel that the government knows better, and that you do not know better, then listen to me if you believe you do not know better Well I am just copying The Arnold
    Last edited by jace; 1st-September-2004 at 04:02.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jace
    How can some disagree and not like a view if they do not hear it? How can some find it boring if it is the talk of the town? Some watch Arnold in movies but you do not want to see him say his view on why he disagrees with u?
    I don't really care what Arnold thinks. The same goes for any other governor of any state other than mine. The only reason he gets the attention he does is because he's a celebrity. On that note, I don't really care what celebrities have to say about the issues either. Just because they're famous doesn't mean they know anything more about politics than anyone else.

The conventions are not what you many assume, and the ones that posted have been wrong. The convention was good so far, it explains thing to people that do not know some issues and had plenty of humor. I don't get how some say it is boring and maybe people care for mindless games more.

But I do agree that it gets kind of cheesy to them to say �4 more years� or �thank God that Bush is president�, and cheer �USA�. You didn't see a riot with the conservatives but it was expected that the liberals would be �negatively out of control�.
    Yeah, it's incredibly cheesy. And it's only "good" if you happen to agree with the party that's hosting the convention. They're going to tell you what you want to hear, so trying to gain any kind of valuable insight from the convention is foolhardy. Like I said before, you're better off researching the issues yourself.

Also why should Gore have won? He lost fair and square but the media as liberal as it is tries to cause controversy since it likes it. The people in Florida like the bush's that they elected and reelected George�s brother to office again and they practically have the same views. Some attack the media but favor it when it suits them and that is not good.
    I don't know, maybe the fact that Gore got more votes than Bush. That kinda sticks out in my mind. And the whole Florida thing was a mess. The problem isn't Bush's fault though, it's just that the whole electoral college needs to go.

Well people should watch it when Allen Keys talks, he always says it well which many will like. Arnold said some interesting things by saying �if you believe that a family knows better than the government then you are a rep�, if you feel you should do what you want with your money then the government then you are a rep� So in other words it means if you do not know what how you are going thing and you need to government to do everything for you then you are not a republican. That is kind of true is you see most of the laws passed. So in that note, if you feel you do not agree and you feel that the government knows better, and that you do not know better, then listen to me if you believe you do not know better Well I am just copying The Arnold
    I guess that's a bit of a contradiction then when the President tries to introduce legislation banning gay marriage. I mean, after all, if families knew better than the government then the government wouldn't be trying to tell us how to live our lives, no?
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

Thanks

I'm not online for long, exams are tomorrow and I haven't started studying, so I'll just leave this here. Best commentary on the election race so far.

http://www.michaelberube.com/comment...id=251_0_1_0_C

Thanks

I am a republican and i have watched both conventions and i must say that the Republican National Convention has had so many better speeches than the DNC, with the exception of the Al Sharpton thing, which is where he stated he wanted his reperations. Reperations for what AL? It shows you how bad shape the democratic party is in when they even invite this guy to speak at their convention. But hey look at there canidate for president, John Kerry, who would have a better chance of winning the presidency in France.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

[QUOTE=Mason]I don't know, maybe the fact that Gore got more votes than Bush. That kinda sticks out in my mind. And the whole Florida thing was a mess. The problem isn't Bush's fault though, it's just that the whole electoral college needs to go.QUOTE]

Why don't you just throw out the whole constitution too? It is the system of checks and balances. If Gore was our president Osama would still be out and about, Saddam would be in power, and we would have been attacked at least one more time. Also Bush passed a law making partial birth abortion illegal and he has given 50 million people or so the chance to run their own country rather then be terrorized by Saddam or the Taliban.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Heh... Last night they boo-ed some movie director guy at Dave Letterman's show... That was fun...

Also, that senator guy kicks major ass, I agree with Dave on that one...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leatherman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason
    I don't know, maybe the fact that Gore got more votes than Bush. That kinda sticks out in my mind. And the whole Florida thing was a mess. The problem isn't Bush's fault though, it's just that the whole electoral college needs to go.
    Why don't you just throw out the whole constitution too? It is the system of checks and balances. If Gore was our president Osama would still be out and about, Saddam would be in power, and we would have been attacked at least one more time. Also Bush passed a law making partial birth abortion illegal and he has given 50 million people or so the chance to run their own country rather then be terrorized by Saddam or the Taliban.
    Come now, that's total speculation. I could say that with Gore in power 9/11 never would have happened. But really I don't know, because Gore isn't in power. Trying to say what might have happened isn't a sound idea to base your decisions on.

And really, what would be so different if everyone's votes counted equally rather than using the electoral college system? Nothing. In fact, it would be more fair than it is now. It's not a matter of the constitution, it's a matter of a broken system that needs to be fixed.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am a republican and i have watched both conventions and i must say that the Republican National Convention has had so many better speeches than the DNC, with the exception of the Al Sharpton thing, which is where he stated he wanted his reperations. Reperations for what AL? It shows you how bad shape the democratic party is in when they even invite this guy to speak at their convention. But hey look at there canidate for president, John Kerry, who would have a better chance of winning the presidency in France.
    You would not happen to be a bit biased would you?

Thanks

Why don't you just throw out the whole constitution too?
    If everything is perfect now, why the hell do we even have to elect officials? Oh that's right...because everybody is jealous of the perfect America so they hate us...