Thread: system Stability Software/benchmark?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default system Stability Software/benchmark?

anybody got the name of a benchmark prog or something so i can check system stability whilei try to oc this new 3000+ amd 64? it dosnt have to be free, i just need a place to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke
    You really aren't kidding about your title... wow.
    There isn't an acronym to describe how badly I want you to not be here.

Uncle Evil Guest

sorry i cant help you find that but think you could help me figure out how to OC my Celeron 2.0ghz or are you not that experienced with it?

Edit: before doing that i would read this
    Killing 64's

It seems that OCing a 64 is VERY dangerouse compared to other CPU's but what ever floats your boat i guess
    Last edited by Uncle Evil; 9th-September-2004 at 02:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Futuremark softwares are only benchmarking softwares. You can get free trials with a couple of good options but it's worth buying one of them. 200$ and more for a software may seem a bit expensive, but really it's worth it. PM if you want more details about other benchmarking softwares which are less expensive.

http://www.futuremark.com/products/

Edit->Overclocking ain't that killer unless your stupid. The maximum overclock should be of 20%. It's really the max, but some people are just plain stupid and try to double the speed....

A safe overclock would be 10%. If you are considering yourself as a good overclocker and if you got proper cooling, not just your cheap ball fan, you can go to 15% safely.
    Last edited by polobunny; 9th-September-2004 at 03:24.

Uncle Evil Guest

well i have heard that you do it with jumpers on your mobo and also have heard that you do it through the BIOS and i have gone through my bios and saw nothing but i do have the jumpers on my board. Any suggestions that might help me out when doing this cuase im kind of scared to mess with it. But once i understand it better i should be fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeikHunter
    anybody got the name of a benchmark prog or something so i can check system stability whilei try to oc this new 3000+ amd 64? it dosnt have to be free, i just need a place to start.
    Umm check these Forums www.extremeoverclocking.com