Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyware Viruses and Trojans OH MY!!!!

Uncle Evil Guest

Exclamation Spyware Viruses and Trojans OH MY!!!!

OK I realy realy need some help. First off I have a bunch of trojans and AVG warns me about them being in my system volume information or something and tells me to scan my comp and so i do it and nothing comes up and i have the latest version of AVG and all the updates and still cant get anything. Second I have spyware on here realy bad and whenever i take some off about 30 more come in and i just cant stop it i have tried Spybot, Adaware, and Hijack This! and i just cant keep up with it i just dont know what to do aside from format but i realy realy dont want to do that PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks

Try running this http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    Or atleast try another anti-virus like Avast

EDIT: Also try booting into safe mode and deleting the spyware.

Thanks

uhh in that situation i would just reformat.. not worth the hassle to me

Thanks

System volume information is part of the system restore thingy. You can't access those folders cause they're protected, so antivirus programs won't be able to delete/quarantine them.

right click MY COMPUTER and click properties, you should be into system properties.
    click on the SYSTEM RESTORE tab and check the box that says turn off system restore on all drives. (If you do not use system restore then just leave it off for good. If you do use it, then turn it back on after all this is done.)
    After that is turned off restart your computer and go into safe mode, keep hitting f8 while booting in winXP, I forget with the other ones. Run adaware, then avg. If avg doesn't pick up anything then run housecall like TechKnow suggested. Housecall has saved me many times and always picks things up even when your computers fudged.

Uncle Evil Guest

When i boot into safe mode i cant open anything I try to open the antivirus tools but it just sits there and then it locks up whenever i try to open my computer

Thanks

I got the exact same problem.

Uncle Evil Guest

with not being able to open things in safe mode?

Thanks

No, the trojan and AVG-thingy.

Uncle Evil Guest

oh....
    Think it would actualy hurt anything if i just delete my system volume i never use it so would it like corrupt my windows partition or something? I can access it through linux thats why i ask

Thanks

I think you can delete your system restore if you want, they are in a hidden folder called _RESTORE on your source drive (ie C:\_RESTORE ) or something.

IfritRoms.com - Click the banner above!

<a href="http://www.cerberos.web1000.com/games_psx.htm">My PSX List (I dont trade anymore, sorry) </A>

Uncle Evil Guest

well i deleted it lets see what happens

Thanks
    EP Points

I would just format if you have that many things on it

Uncle Evil Guest

well I got rid of the spyware finaly had to resort to regedit though and i just needed to take care of the trojans which i think is done

Thanks

*claps* *brutally kills AVG* *grasps Avast and holds it close*

Uncle Evil Guest

ok? why did you post that?