Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Presidential debates are tonight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youthquake
    when i listen to kerry speak, he is such a rousing speaker that he reminds me of a "Mr. Shricklegruber"..haha. ok, mayhbe some of you will get it. i'm not saying anything against kerry in this statement.
    That's humorous... although, I don't think that Kerry is as... enthusiastic... as "Mr. Schicklegruber".
    "I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn't one I'll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it's worth it."

Ziegfried Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild
    Most of the population do that already.
    I love you. Americans, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...onfirered2.jpg.

Thanks

Bush is such an asshole. He doesn't even bother to differentiate b/w Saddam Hussein and Osama bun Laden. I mean they're two completely different people. And the target post-9/11 was Laden, why can't he just get out and tell the world why he went after Iraq. If it was indeed for weapons...then he must show the world the weapons he's found. And if it was he oil...for a better trow...then whose better trow is he talking about? Does the average and below average American even care about how much oil reserve America has. Hell, he hasn't even tasted a quaterpounder in his life, and he'll care about the price of oil or gas to fuel his imaginary car...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    Do you suggest that it would be better to lie about the war to the American people instead?
    no lies needed, having a president who has a firm resolve in his course of action is better than telling them they're fighting for a wrong war, which he doesn't believe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegfried
    I keep hearing this "our troops are in there already, so let's do all we can to increase their morale!" argument... What, are they going to put down their guns and surrender because the war is pointless? Hasn't exactly worked that way in wars before...
    Morale is a big issue and is often forgotten what a large part it can play. If morale was that extremely low they WOULD put down thier weapons and stop fighting, that HAS happened in wars before. Actually, where do you think all Saddams troops are? He did have an army and the US didn't kill/capture them all. That would never happen in the US though, but morale will affect how determined troops are in how they fight to many degrees.
    Simple illustration, force a little kid, nephew or someone, to go wash your car when they don't want to do it. Punch them in the arm and tell them they have to do it or they won't get to play or something. They most likely won't do a good job and it will be done quickly and with as little effort as possible.
    Now try again on a hot day, help them out there and tell them they'll get 10bucks for it and some candy, they're going to at least TRY to do a better job. That's what morale is.
    Now, if you were out in iraq fighting and 20 militants came up on you firing away, would you want your fellow unit mates to be iffy on whether they even believe in the war or that what they're doing is wrong, who aren't there to win, but merely to survive? or would you want a bunch of guys who are firm in their believe that the war is right, and what they're doing is right, that want to be there and want to win.
    It doesn't mean win or loss in each battle, but it does play a big part in how well you win, and when it's life and death you want you and your unit mates to be in good shape, not just physically but mentally as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNachos
    What is that point? I don't think Kerry would announce that the war is wrong and then tell his troops to keep fighting, I think he'd probably get them out of there.
    That the presidents views and feelings can affect the troops fighting under him, as was explained in the paragraph you quoted.
    but yeah, that's probably what kerry would do, quickly bandage up iraq and get out of there before the work is completed.

Thanks

So the reason Kerry is a bad contestant for presidency is because he disagrees with the current President. Right you are then.

Is this one of those "We're at war, this is no time to be talking about... war..." moments? Because I'd like to know when the right time to be critical of a war is. Apparently it was wrong in the lead-up. Apparently it was wrong during the invasion. Apparently it is wrong now that the war is supposedly won. Are we allowed to say "That was a bit of a piss-up, especially all that WMD bollocks, eh Jeeves?" yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Onestroke
    So the reason Kerry is a bad contestant for presidency is because he disagrees with the current President. Right you are then.

Is this one of those "We're at war, this is no time to be talking about... war..." moments? Because I'd like to know when the right time to be critical of a war is. Apparently it was wrong in the lead-up. Apparently it was wrong during the invasion. Apparently it is wrong now that the war is supposedly won. Are we allowed to say "That was a bit of a piss-up, especially all that WMD bollocks, eh Jeeves?" yet?
    Kerry was one of those WMD guys. He thought they had them.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by leatherman
    Kerry was one of those WMD guys. He thought they had them.

Yes he did, and he said that durring the debates, He though Sadam was a threat, and he was for taking him out, he said that he was never against taking Sadam out, The diffrence between Bush and him, is how they wanted to do it, and how when they should have done it.. In hindsight though he anolages that the intelegence, on Iraq was flawed, somthing Bush has yet to do.

Kerry said, that Bush rushed to war with out enought allies (Grand Coation of 4 nations), and with out enought planning.

Also he said that the removal of Sadam should have waited till after Osama was caught, So that the troops would not have to be shifted, from Afganastan to Iraq. Their by weaking the chances of finding Osama.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 2nd-October-2004 at 15:34.

Thanks

If people really think that Osama is still in Afganistan than i think they don't know what they are talking about. He is obviously in Brazil getting a bunch of plastic surgery.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks
    EP Points

If people really think that Osama is still in Afganistan than i think they don't know what they are talking about. He is obviously in Brazil getting a bunch of plastic surgery.
    Sure fine, but why are we not in Brazil then, or how did we let him out of Afganistan?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    Sure fine, but why are we not in Brazil then, or how did we let him out of Afganistan?
    on the fact that he got out isn't tough. people elude the government everyday. most likely the military too. he's done a good job so far.

maybe Osama learned ninjitsu?

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    He used one of those teleportation watches like in the movie THEY LIVE. We aren't in brazil because, well you know those insurgents in Iraq, well lets just say the orangatangs in the rain forest make those insurgents look like marshmellows. Yeah i spelled orangatangs wrong, so what.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Onestroke
    Good. If it means you continue to not vote for the wrong candidate throughout adulthood, I'm all for your apathy.

Why did you delete the comment about Kerry being like a kite? Anywhere the wind blows, and all that.

Flip-flopper! :O
    I deleted it because It was a bad metaphor, but it is true. To my other post about not caring to vote, I wasn't in a very good mood when I posted that, and I didn't mean it.

Thanks
    EP Points

He used one of those teleportation watches like in the movie THEY LIVE. We aren't in brazil because, well you know those insurgents in Iraq, well lets just say the orangatangs in the rain forest make those insurgents look like marshmellows. Yeah i spelled orangatangs wrong, so what.

Yes i know you were kidding, and yes my point still stands.

Ziegfried Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RoseDragon83L
    Morale is a big issue and is often forgotten what a large part it can play. If morale was that extremely low they WOULD put down thier weapons and stop fighting, that HAS happened in wars before. Actually, where do you think all Saddams troops are? He did have an army and the US didn't kill/capture them all. That would never happen in the US though, but morale will affect how determined troops are in how they fight to many degrees.
    Simple illustration, force a little kid, nephew or someone, to go wash your car when they don't want to do it. Punch them in the arm and tell them they have to do it or they won't get to play or something. They most likely won't do a good job and it will be done quickly and with as little effort as possible.
    Now try again on a hot day, help them out there and tell them they'll get 10bucks for it and some candy, they're going to at least TRY to do a better job. That's what morale is.
    Now, if you were out in iraq fighting and 20 militants came up on you firing away, would you want your fellow unit mates to be iffy on whether they even believe in the war or that what they're doing is wrong, who aren't there to win, but merely to survive? or would you want a bunch of guys who are firm in their believe that the war is right, and what they're doing is right, that want to be there and want to win.
    It doesn't mean win or loss in each battle, but it does play a big part in how well you win, and when it's life and death you want you and your unit mates to be in good shape, not just physically but mentally as well.
    Oh, that's what morale is? I'm not very good with English, so I didn't know that. Thanks.

So. Fair enough, but the thing is, are they going to be that wrecked over one guy saying he doesn't agree with the war? You'd think the American soldiers would've went over there and surrendered right away after hearing about all the protests and what not around the world... The president of their country is different from people in others, of course, but still. I'd think it's the opinion of their direct superiors - [insert rank name] and what not - that matters, not that of the guy who tells the guys who tell their superiors what to do.