Game:
    Banjo-Kazooie (U) [!].z64
    Tested in:

Settings:

Notes:

Screenshots:

How Well Emulated:

Duplicates:
    Last edited by Stark; 20th-November-2004 at 19:29.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah this is a great thread. For Shadowman an alternative plugin to recommend would be Rices which fixes the depth prob. Think Glide64 does too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi
    Yeah this is a great thread. For Shadowman an alternative plugin to recommend would be Rices which fixes the depth prob. Think Glide64 does too.
    Now this is one thing that I am oblivious to(hangs head in shame) could you give me a few pointers on glide, and possibly a few critisisms about my handling of this thread?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by theotheimpaler
    Now this is one thing that I am oblivious to(hangs head in shame) could you give me a few pointers on glide, and possibly a few critisisms about my handling of this thread?
    Well you're handling the thread perfectly IMO. As for all the replies you are getting, we could perhaps eventually trim the thread if you wanted. Or even duplicate it, one with feedback etc contained therein and the other with just the barebones compat guide?

If you go to: http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/ and pick up Glide64, then simply:

Extract it, therein you should find the Glide64.dll as well as a folder named "Wrapper". Just put the wrapper in the root directory of your emulator, for example:

C:/programs/PJ64/ or C:/programs/1964/ etc You can also put it in the Windows system32 folder instead, but I don't do that really.

Then you just put the glide64.dll in the emulators plugin folder as usual and select it. The plugin is truley excellent IMO, definately one of the top ones for the N64.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well you're handling the thread perfectly IMO. As for all the replies you are getting, we could perhaps eventually trim the thread if you wanted. Or even duplicate it, one with feedback etc contained therein and the other with just the barebones compat guide?

If you go to: http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/ and pick up Glide64, then simply:

Extract it, therein you should find the Glide64.dll as well as a folder named "Wrapper". Just put the wrapper in the root directory of your emulator, for example:

C:/programs/PJ64/ or C:/programs/1964/ etc You can also put it in the Windows system32 folder instead, but I don't do that really.

Then you just put the glide64.dll in the emulators plugin folder as usual and select it. The plugin is truley excellent IMO, definately one of the top ones for the N64.
    All good ideas. You see, my thinking was even if i put a badly emulated game up here maybe i can put the best way to emulate it, even though not the best graphics, best playable and hopefully with a bunch of modifications, the game can best work overall. I like the idea of trimming the thread but I think It should wait till I get a lot more games assessed. I'll think about trimming after 100 games.

Thanks
    EP Points

I speak with a couple of the people involved with PJ64 quite often. No releases are planned for a new version sadly, but it's not an impossibility to think that one day something will happen.

A service pack may happen first I guess. I know Jabo has worked a little on his graphics plugin too, but again nothing will be released; at least for the forseeable future.

Thanks
    EP Points

I speak with a couple of the people involved with PJ64 quite often. No releases are planned for a new version sadly, but it's not an impossibility to think that one day something will happen.

A service pack may happen first I guess. I know Jabo has worked a little on his graphics plugin too, but again nothing will be released; at least for the forseeable future.
    I was checking out the message boards and heard of a Sp2 when I was checking out the clementis plugin.

Thanks
    EP Points

Game:
    All-Star Baseball 2000 (U) [!].rom

Tested in:
    1964 0.9.9

Settings:
    Graphics Plug-in: Rice's Video 5.9.9
    Sound Plug-in: scribo's Audio Plug-in based on UltraHLE

Notes:
    The game seems to be ok except for it freezes dead a lot, so until it is fixed this is going down as nearly unplayable, graphics and sound otherwise are good.

Screenshots:

How Well Emulated:
    40 %

Duplicates:
    Unknown at this point
    Last edited by Stark; 30th-December-2004 at 00:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

Let me say something about your first couple of posts. The way you said stuff it sounded like the emulators used a different set of plugins. The plugins are set on a standard and can be used by either emulator.

There is also another plugin I like that gets some stuff no other one does like the Peach to Bowser picture effect in Mario 64. It is called Direct64. I think it is still in Beta but still is pretty darn good. It uses DirectX9.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Let me say something about your first couple of posts. The way you said stuff it sounded like the emulators used a different set of plugins. The plugins are set on a standard and can be used by either emulator.

There is also another plugin I like that gets some stuff no other one does like the Peach to Bowser picture effect in Mario 64. It is called Direct64. I think it is still in Beta but still is pretty darn good. It uses DirectX9.
    When I post the "settings" they are original as in the default settings for the n64 emulaltor being used i.e. plugins, no change, and I note any changes I make i.e any different plug-ins are noted in the "settings"

Thank you for the plug-in, this I will look into.

Just got Direct64 alpha 0.5, I'll start trying out a few games with this and see how well some of the games play with it.

Well, no offense but this plug-in doesn't work everytime i go into a game it cuts out, any suggestions how to make it work?(am using it with pj64 v1.5 with sp1)
    Last edited by Stark; 7th-October-2004 at 08:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

Game:
    Armorines - Project S.W.A.R.M. (U) [!].v64
    Tested in:

Settings:

Notes:

Screenshots:

How Well Emulated:

Duplicates:
    Last edited by Stark; 20th-November-2004 at 19:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

Game:
    Army Men - Sarge's Heroes (U) [!].v64
    Tested in:

Settings:

Notes:

Screenshots:

How Well Emulated:

Duplicates:
    Last edited by Stark; 20th-November-2004 at 19:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've pretty much done my whole collection of n64 roms(lost the rest of them in a recent crash.) I'll update this when i get a few more roms together, the notes provided should give a good game, there are little options in the plug-ins which may also help or hinder, one other thing the rice 5.6.0 while a very good plug-in has trouble with graphics cards with no pixel-shading support.

This thread is quite untidy at the mo' but it'll come together soon enough, now i down some roms.

Thanks
    EP Points

Game:
    Army Men - Sarge's Heroes 2 (U) [!].z64
    Tested in:

Settings:

Notes:

Screenshots:

How Well Emulated:

Duplicates:
    Last edited by Stark; 20th-November-2004 at 19:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

Game:
    Asteroids Hyper 64 (U) [!].v64
    Tested in:

Settings:

Notes:

Screenshots:

How Well Emulated:

Duplicates:
    Last edited by Stark; 20th-November-2004 at 19:20.