Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Will Nintendo survive without Shigeru Miyamoto?

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default Discussion: Will Nintendo survive without Shigeru Miyamoto?

Do you think they will? I asked myself that and it's a tricky question really. Afterall, he is the genious behind most of Nintendo's successful games. And when he finally decideds to leave Nintendo, for some reason (retire or something), what will happen after that? Pokemon is of course Nintendo's ace in the hole but that series won't last forever... or will it?

Discuss!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmn. That's hard to say. The guy's had his hand in just about every successful series to come outta Nintendo since the NES. I can't imagine a Nintendo without Miyamoto, and it's arguable as to wether or not the franchises he pioneered would be the same without his influence. That said, I personally wouldn't abandon them simply because he left. I'm sure many gamers would, but I wouldn't. I'd stick with Nintendo to see what came in the wake of his departure. It'd be interesting, that's for sure.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Me neither. It would be intresting to see what the younger generations could do with his series. It's safe to say that I would be happy to try anything they do with Mario as long as it's not a Grand Theft Mario.

But really, it's an intresting question that deserves a discussion.

Ziegfried Guest

Maybe they'll turn towards more adult things? I don't know if he's affecting that at the moment, but yeah.

Thanks

Well, Benimaru Itoh wouldn't be able to keep the company going single-handedly, that's for sure, so I guess they would have to hire new talent and re-structure the company and their aim towards the market... A new Mother game is in order!!

Create new mascots, new games, etc., otherwise, they'd die pretty quickly... And of course, if possible, replace Miyamoto with an equally talented game producer/creator...

Thanks

Im not sure how to express my opinions, but well.... YES, I think nintendo will survive.
    I believe there are many talents out there so... YES
    _______________________________ ____________________

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Of course, that's true! But many Nintendo fans see Miyamoto as the driving force behind Nintendo's creativity. He's become such an iconic part of Nintendo, that to many, the company just wouldn't seem the same without him.

Thanks
    EP Points

When i read the title, it scared me, I though Shigeru Miyamoto had left Nintendo (even though i know he would never do that). When he eventualy retires, someone will replace him, most likely someone he personaly appoints to be his Successor. So im not to worried, he would not leave Nintendo with out filling the gap that he would make, and passing on his secrets.

Thanks

there ARE other creative people out there. while miyamoto-san may have forged many of nintendo's best games and concepts to date, i don't think a company as large as nintendo would have any problem attracting very talented people. given those facts, tho, there may be problems in the fact that Nintendo is now, more than ever, a company steeped in traditional japanese corporate culture. with that cultures unwillingness to look outside japan (or even outside the company) for ideas and talent as well as it's own inability to look at talent in their own ranks, it's entirely possible that nintendo wouldn't be able recognize the talent, even when it hits them over the head and the next miyamoto will wrok for years as some cubicle-bound paper pusher with talents that will never get realized.

Thanks

I am the next Miyamoto...

EDIT: Er -- No...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow
    there ARE other creative people out there. while miyamoto-san may have forged many of nintendo's best games and concepts to date, i don't think a company as large as nintendo would have any problem attracting very talented people. given those facts, tho, there may be problems in the fact that Nintendo is now, more than ever, a company steeped in traditional japanese corporate culture. with that cultures unwillingness to look outside japan (or even outside the company) for ideas and talent as well as it's own inability to look at talent in their own ranks, it's entirely possible that nintendo wouldn't be able recognize the talent, even when it hits them over the head and the next miyamoto will wrok for years as some cubicle-bound paper pusher with talents that will never get realized.
    Yeah, they have such a hard time recognizing talen outside the company that they'd never allow Sega, Namco and Capcom to develop entries in thier flag-ship series. :eyeball:

Oh wait, that's right...they did! Sega developed the last F-Zero. Namco is developing the new Star Fox. Capcom worked on 'The Minnish Cap'. So yeah, I'd have to say you're speaking out of your ass as far as all that goes, no offence intended.

Thanks

Cyber's gone brittish!! :O!

Over here, it's "Offense", hun...

But yeah, renovate or die... A lot of people (read: ign) complain about Nintendo's reluctance to change... I dunno about that, but I do say change is sometimes good... As long as it's still Nintendo... (wtf?)

Thanks
    EP Points

will they survive: Yes
    Will it be how they are with their own system and such: eh

The one reason why a lot of people buy Nintendo games is for the N-Only series. Without them, the system wont survive. I do think, however, there are more creative people in the wings, but i dont know if its enough to keep Nintendo at "100%"

Thanks

Think so, not a huge Nintendo fan here

Thanks

First of all crusher, the "will" is very confusing. "Would" would've been better. Second (still of all) I don't know. Probably.....he's just a man after all......a Japanese man....

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..