Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 3: The Countdown

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← β†’ ← β†’ B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default Metal Gear Solid 3: The Countdown

Recently a book called "Metal Gear Solid 3: The Countdown" has been released in Japan. It has some really intresting information.

<i>- Hideo Kojima said MGS3 has 1.6 times the Codec dialogue than there was in MGS2
    - He also said that the game in not centered on the actual player (main character) but more on the enemies.
    - Shinkawa says the second mission part is about 2 or 3 times the size of MGS2
    - MGS3 has many secrets like Extra missions and Snake Tales.
    - The Extra missions for example has a ZOE2 style mission (not sure in gamplay or story terms)
    - Snake Tales are stories with characters like Solid Snake, Campbell, Naomi, Olga, οΏ½frankοΏ½ and a lot more.

"The fight in order to survive, has already started."</i>

Source: metalgearsolid.org

Intresting. Especially that Snake Tales will be back again. I wonder if those chapter will be story related this time or just alternate stories like in Substance.

Also, here are some picture from The Countdown book. Check out the character art. Awesome I say.

Thanks

Heh, I thought this was going to be a topic about the time left until release. I'm not sure if I like more dialogue in the codec scenes though.

Thanks
    EP Points

More centered on the bad guys than your character?
    Does that mean this will be even more of an interactive film than MGS2?
    Not that I am really against that, but playability is nice too.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

I knew you would think that.

Don't worry about the codec. As the game will be about 3 times as big as MGS3, the sequences will be spread out. And also, lots of sequences are up to yourself to find. Optional stuff you know? Call at this part of the game to hear that and call at that part to hear this etc etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    More centered on the bad guys than your character?
    Does that mean this will be even more of an interactive film than MGS2?
    Not that I am really against that, but playability is nice too.
    No what they mean is that the story of the previous Metal Gear games has circled around Solid Snake or Raiden. This time it's the Cobra Unit that's the hot spot.

Thanks
    EP Points

In that case, great!
    I fully plan to buy this game when it comes about (if my PS2 hasn't choked and died of dust by then).

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Thanks
    EP Points

I've already pre-ordered the NTSC version. Now I need to get a modded PS2...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    I knew you would think that.

Don't worry about the codec. As the game will be about 3 times as big as MGS3, the sequences will be spread out. And also, lots of sequences are up to yourself to find. Optional stuff you know? Call at this part of the game to hear that and call at that part to hear this etc etc.
    Oh I see. I like the sound of that. It'll give the game more replay factor.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by [ForeverZero]
    Oh I see. I like the sound of that. It'll give the game more replay factor.
    I know. I had a great time to listen to codec sequences I missed, the second time I played MGS2. Especially interesting was it to call Otacon a couple of times during the Metal Gear RAY battle.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've already pre-ordered the NTSC version. Now I need to get a modded PS2...
    Now that is dedication!

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [ForeverZero]
    Heh, I thought this was going to be a topic about the time left until release. I'm not sure if I like more dialogue in the codec scenes though.
    As did i If i woulda known it was a book i never woulda came

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    Now that is dedication!
    Heh, yeah it is. I don't want the game spoiled because I couldn't keep my hands off the MGS3 forums on the net. So instead I buy the game early to prevent that from happening.

Thanks

Recently a book called "Metal Gear Solid 3: The Countdown" has been released in Japan. It has some really intresting information.

<i>- Hideo Kojima said MGS3 has 1.6 times the Codec dialogue than there was in MGS2
    - He also said that the game in not centered on the actual player (main character) but more on the enemies.
    - Shinkawa says the second mission part is about 2 or 3 times the size of MGS2
    - MGS3 has many secrets like Extra missions and Snake Tales.
    - The Extra missions for example has a ZOE2 style mission (not sure in gamplay or story terms)
    - Snake Tales are stories with characters like Solid Snake, Campbell, Naomi, Olga, οΏ½frankοΏ½ and a lot more.

"The fight in order to survive, has already started."</i>

Source: metalgearsolid.org

Intresting. Especially that Snake Tales will be back again. I wonder if those chapter will be story related this time or just alternate stories like in Substance.

Also, here are some picture from The Countdown book. Check out the character art. Awesome I say.
    "here"...? Where...?

/me wants art, dammit!!

I'd rather it have 1.6 times the Codec conversations of MGS instead, which were lengthier and of higher storytelling quality than MGS2's, if you ask me...

2 or 3 times the size of MGS2 is a great thing... But who cares cares about Extra missions and Snake Tales... Pfft...

And about the enemy-centered plot, my bet is that the enemies you encounter throughout the game (forgot their names) turn out to be the Patriots... That would certainly help Kojima fill in the awesome plotholes which abound in MGS2, and then it wouldn't be such a crap game...

For the record, I also thought this was a countdown-to-release thread made to vent crusher's anxiety... Oh, well...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KONAMI Man
    "here"...? Where...?

/me wants art, dammit!!

I'd rather it have 1.6 times the Codec conversations of MGS instead, which were lengthier and of higher storytelling quality than MGS2's, if you ask me...

2 or 3 times the size of MGS2 is a great thing... But who cares cares about Extra missions and Snake Tales... Pfft...

And about the enemy-centered plot, my bet is that the enemies you encounter throughout the game (forgot their names) turn out to be the Patriots... That would certainly help Kojima fill in the awesome plotholes which abound in MGS2, and then it wouldn't be such a crap game...

For the record, I also thought this was a countdown-to-release thread made to vent crusher's anxiety... Oh, well...
    Eh sorry I forgot the link... -__- http://junkerhq.net/MetalGear/countdownimages.html

Quality =! Length as seen in MGS2 so shut up now please.

And I tell you who cares about Extra Missions and Snake Tales. The Solid Snake fans. Especially since apparently a annonymous source today confirmed that it is indeed Big Boss we play as. However, in Snake Tales you play as Solid Snake. Good stuff.

I won't comment on the next part.

And I know you would think that as well! You hate me don't you? Oh well, only 33 days left till the import ships here.

Thanks

Quality =! Length as seen in MGS2 so shut up now please.
    Eh... what? Don'tcha mean "!=" instead of "=!"...?

Either way, MGS Codec conversations pwn MGS2's both in length and quality, so hah!!

And I tell you who cares about Extra Missions and Snake Tales. The Solid Snake fans. Especially since apparently a annonymous source today confirmed that it is indeed Big Boss we play as. However, in Snake Tales you play as Solid Snake. Good stuff.
    Wee...?

OK, we all knew it was Big Boss already like... Six months ago...

And apparently not being able to play as Snake didn't stop you and many others from loving MGS2... So yeah, meh!

I won't comment on the next part.
    Sissy...

My plot speculations pwn j00 to the bone...

And I know you would think that as well! You hate me don't you? Oh well, only 33 days left till the import ships here.
    And then a couple more hours... If you payed express delivery...

BURN!!