View Poll Results: do you agree? (to an extent)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yea

7 35.00%
  • or nay

13 65.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: led zeppelin is the greatest band ever!!!

Thanks

i vote ney

nowheres land. a part of livingston county, MI thats not on a map
    Thanks

thaaaatssss greaaaaaat (what ever)

you could of at least put down WHY you choose nay...or ur lazy
    i was talking to peachy peach about kissy kiss
    buy me a soda
    ya buy me a soda
    you buy me a soda and try to molest me in the parking lot
    yep, YEP, YEP, YEP!

-the pixies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf
    I dunno about you, but I love Grunge rock, that's the real shit yo, who needs fancy shmancy glam? but yeah, I liked Guns N Roses too, they had some really great songs... but Axl Rose is just the biggest asshole ever ... but yeah, the point is Grunge r0x0rZ my 50x0rZ!!!!!!!!11111one!11eleven!1shift+one

Just personal preference i guess. I perfer light shows, overlaped guitar/vocal tracks, and Shiney outfits

BTW, GnR isnt the kind of music i hate. GnR was the last great rock band as far as im concerned. It was after them that i feel rock died.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jmash2000/UntitledFrameset-2.htm
    Come visit Sega Surge. Home of Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artist088
    i love led zeppelin, but they are highly over rated, IMO. i also regularly visit the boards of Guitar World, a magazine im subscribed to. so many people there ask for more led zeppelin tablature in the magazine when there is already at least one led song every 3 issues. a lot of people need to realize that there are many good bands out there that have not gotten much attention, but they still make great music.
    Yeah thats pretty much my opinion too.
    Trogdor, Trogdor

Trogdor was a man
    Uhh...Maybe he was a Dragon-Man
    Uhh...Maybe he was just a Dragon
    Uhm...but he was still

Trogdor, Trogdor

Burninating the countryside
    Burninating the peasants
    Buriniating all the people
    in their Thatched Roof Cottages

Thatched Roof Cottages

And The Trogdor Comes in The Night.

Thanks

They're great, but not the greatest ever.
    XBL I IcedEarth28
    Play with me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf
    I dunno about you, but I love Grunge rock, that's the real shit yo, who needs fancy shmancy glam? but yeah, I liked Guns N Roses too, they had some really great songs... but Axl Rose is just the biggest asshole ever ... but yeah, the point is Grunge r0x0rZ my 50x0rZ!!!!!!!!11111one!11eleven!1shift+one
    Omg... you fellas aren't true alt. rockers. Grunge was just the stupid name that MTV gave to this new wave of Seattle-based rock that rejected the party-like atmosphere of 80's and 70's rock, they overexposed a bunch of bands, which later turned to crap. Cobain himself claimed that the whole grunge scene was a load of overhyped bullshit, just people jumping on the bandwagon made it worse afterwards.

Now an alternative(note "alternative", referring to "not mainstream") rock band would be of course Pearl Jam, which have evolved a lot from their early days, but are still the same band. They've always been strong and have a huge fanbase. You would be surprised how fast their concert tickets and CD's sell with little to no television or radio exposure(except of course some old songs, but that's about it).

Just about every band from the Seattle scene that me and my bro like pretty much split up, except for Pearl Jam. If there's one band that we both agree that is 100% awesome, it's Pearl Jam. So go buy all of their live albums for a lesson in rock & roll, bitches. :beer:

[/rant]

Edit: Oh yeah, Bush is pretty much the closest you'll ever get to Nirvana, the words of Mr. Grohl himself.
    Last edited by Soeru; 28th-July-2005 at 04:59.

Thanks

Default Led Zepplin

I have been in love with led zepplin since i was little grew up listening to them.. PS robert plants new album is AWESOME i recommend it.

Thanks

I'm not a big rock fan, I've heard a little bit of their stuff.

but I certainly don't think they're the greatest.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Omg... you fellas aren't true alt. rockers. Grunge was just the stupid name that MTV gave to this new wave of Seattle-based rock that rejected the party-like atmosphere of 80's and 70's rock, they overexposed a bunch of bands, which later turned to crap. Cobain himself claimed that the whole grunge scene was a load of overhyped bullshit, just people jumping on the bandwagon made it worse afterwards.
    I'm aware that that's the name it was given by MTV and such, but at any rate, I just use it because of the fact that that's how it is best recognized by the general public

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Now an alternative(note "alternative", referring to "not mainstream") rock band would be of course Pearl Jam, which have evolved a lot from their early days, but are still the same band. They've always been strong and have a huge fanbase. You would be surprised how fast their concert tickets and CD's sell with little to no television or radio exposure(except of course some old songs, but that's about it).
    Yeah, Pearl Jam, I'm not sure if I had mentioned them earlier or not, but they had some really great songs, currently I'm looking to increase my current collection as I just have their album Ten on my computer...
    When I want your opinion, I will diffuse it from you through osmosis!