Page 5 of 429 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Xenosaga Episode 1 Japanese finished! I know I'm a shameless fangirl, but I still love it, even after all these years, and honestly it was the most fun I've had with a game in god only knows how long, as well as one of the only games I've actually finished this year. I still can't believe how well directed the cutscenes are for its age, and since the game is mostly cutscenes anyway, it's actually aged strangely well. It hadn't been all that long since I played it last, though, and I remembered it well enough that I wound up basically killing the game at a really low level with a game timer of about twenty hours. I guess next time I should wait a little longer if I actually want it to be challenging. :'D

On to the much maligned second episode! Which I never actually minded that much anyway, as I was quite willing to look past its problems for Yuki Kajiura's music and all the delicious Jr. and Albedo it provided. It'll also be substantially cooler than it was the last time I played it, both because the game finally runs off a PS2 harddisk and you can bypass the crappy loading times and choppy battle transition effects, and because because the awful changes they made to the English voice cast in the second episode aren't mirrored in the Japanese cast, which remains consistent across all three games. Whee~!

Thanks
    EP Points

Just finished Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow. Overall the gameplay was great, and the story was decent enough to carry through the game. However, the rare drops (and souls even more so) seemed to pop up much too infrequently to be useful at all, considering I only got maybe 20% of all of them in one playthrough, even using a max luck cheat ;/
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Final Fantasy II and Jade Cocoon
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=139900&dateline=13009  56996

Thanks

1.Duke Nukem Forever(easy mode)
    2.Aliens Colonial Marines(hard mode)

Thanks

just beat castle crashers as the pink knight

Thanks

Well, as for myself:
    Resident Evil 4/biohazard 4
    Prototype
    Prototype 2
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Never played this game seriously so I just beat it now! )
    Final Fantasy VII (Same with San Andreas, got tired of playing! )

Thanks

Shadow Hearts and Onimusha: Warlords.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=139900&dateline=13009  56996

Thanks
    EP Points

In the last week I've completed both pokemon platinum & black, or at least, have beaten the elite 4. I'll probably go back at some point and do some of the post elite four stuff but in the meantime, good enough
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

My Lat Game Was Prototype 2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Don't feel bad about Zelda - I bought that game (gold cartridge) back when it came out, and I actually never beat it until about 5 months ago. I made it all the way to the Shadow Temple way back in the day, and then flat out quit playing it. I picked it up a while back and went through the whole game and then went right through Majora's Mask (which is way underrated). Back to topic: Just finished Contra and Super C for NES (retro night!)
    I don't really think Majora's Mask can technically be considered "underrated". It was pretty much universally lauded, at least on a critical level, so I think it received the exact amount of praise it deserves.

However, from a consumer standpoint, it and Zelda II were the sort of black sheep games of the series, although I imagine more people hated the latter. People were just blindsided by how obscure and different it was when compared to the masterpiece that preceded it. But if you take all those factors out of the picture and rate the game on just it's own merits alone, it's an incredibly deep and beautiful game, which is pretty much the general consensus.

Sorry, I just felt like arguing semantics there for a second.

Back to the original topic:

I've got awful video game ADD. I'm usually always playing about 5 different games across multiple consoles and/or handhelds that I end up not finishing after about halfway through. Currently, I'm playing Skyward Sword, Metroid: Fusion, Pokemon X and Final Fantasy VI Advanced.

But I'd have to say GTA V on PS3 was probably the last game I beat/played all the way trough.

Thanks

Goldeneye 007 (Wii)

that's one game i've beaten on a Real Wii, seriously.

Thanks
    EP Points

Street Fighter IV with Zangief on Hard.

Thanks

Umm Lets See Here are The 3 i Beaten

1.GTA V
    2.GTA IV
    3.GTA San Andreas

I think i am too deep playing GTA its mainly because you can kill cops

Let Me Touch You

Thanks

Super Metroid

Thanks
    EP Points

The game that I've beaten the most recently is NES Contra for the 3rd time XD