Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best RPG games for GBA

Thanks

Default best RPG games for GBA

I'm curious to know what, in people's opinions, are the best RPGS that were made for GBA?

I'm looking for new time wasters. Please help.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (Not really classic RPG, but awesome game)
    Final Fantasy I & II - Dawn of Souls
    Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories (I ddin't stick much to this one, but alot of people like it, weird battle system included)
    Riviera - The Promised Land (Really good game)
    Breath of Fire I & II (2 great games)
    Dragon Warrior I & II

That's about all i can remember at the moment.

Thanks

ooooooh... thanks to you

Thanks

Golden Sun 1 and 2.

I seem to remember the Megaman RPGs being decent.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mario and Luigi was pretty good. Depends on what you're looking for in an RPG though. It's alot like Mario RPG, or at least similar enough that if you enjoyed that game you'll enjoy Mario and Luigi. If you didn't, well I dunno. I'd just check it out anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by generic insanit
    Golden Sun 1 and 2.

I seem to remember the Megaman RPGs being decent.
    Golden Sun 1 and 2 where too focused on gameplay for such am lame poorly done battle engine. The games where mostly a graphics showcase and the system is poor, cliche and not even interesting to use. The battle system somewhat feels restircitve and the cast is not very likeable considering you hardly see any plot scenes and when you do its nothing at all that special.

The Megaman RPGs decent? Don't make me laugh. Unless you enjoy going back and forth several times with annoy encounter rates and chance on not getting the moves you need to kill ythe enemy avoid it.

Kingdom Hearts - CoM was pretty poor as well .The battle system was unique but it gets frustrating quickly and battles seem to take forever, the dungeons are very bland as well and has no replay value whatsoever. The plot was fairly good but the terrible gameplay is what takes the plot away.

I could say the FF games for it but most of them are ports and FFTA is poor becvause the law and racial system plus terrible plot.

Riveria is excellent hands down, although some the area graphics get rather repetitive.

The Breath of Fire games are ports as well although only BoF2 is worth mentioning although BoF2 has numerous flaws, like lack of plot movement until near the end, terrible soundtrack (You hear the same song for like almost the whole game) and annoying difficulty. Its a shame though because once you find out about the plot you'd relise its probably one the best plots in any RPG.

Lufia: Ruins of Lore is great if you like old school RPGs the only problem is that Lufia fans may be disappointed with it as it lacks many elements and characters from the other games.

Minish Cap is excellent and a lot of fun to play despite the poor plot. However it is rather short espically for a Zelda game.

Fire Emblem games are excellent although its more of a strategy game rather than a RPG game.

Theres Tales of Phantasia coming for it as well buts its disappointed compared to other games and it looks like they are using the horrid translation for it when it comes out Englsih. Yes they are calling him Cress Albane >.<

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you think there is any game worth playing Goshi3156?

Thanks

legend of zelda 4swords
    golden sun
    fire eblm
    harvest moon
    mario lugi super star saga

Thanks

Golden Sun 1+2 - Battle system restrictive? Compared to what, Final Fantasy 7? nah this is the best and original sort of turn based battled system there is.

Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance - It was great if you haven't played the original Final Fantasy Tactics

Breath of Fire 1+2 - If you have already played them on the SNES

Kingdom Kearts: Chain of memories

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past + Four Swords - Zelda games may not be RPG's but they are so near them there is a faction going around saying OoT was an RPG.

LoZ: Minish Cap - See comment above ^
    Last edited by P. Wolvesbane; 21st-December-2005 at 09:00.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    Do you think there is any game worth playing Goshi3156?
    Oh no wait Minish Cap stinks

Quote Originally Posted by P. Wolvesbane
    Golden Sun 1+2 - Battle system restrictive? Compared to what, Final Fantasy 7? nah this is the best and original sort of turn based battled system there is.
    Well GS battle system is the generic battle system which isn't a bad thing mind you. However it seems the game is far too focused on battles and dungeons. The battles require almost no strategy whatsoever anyway although with weak boring battles that you can't be bother with you can just mash the A button to normal attacks on all of either. Like FF1 it has the ineffective styled thing and this gets real annoying a few battles.

On another note, FF7's battle system sucks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by P. Wolvesbane
    *cough*fanboy*cough*
    Still, Golden Sun was pretty good for its time, a decent "time waster", as the OP said.

Riviera is good, though (as always) I despise the English voice acting.

And yeah, Tales of Phantasia. Just play the Japanese version, dammit.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd say Golden Sun too. Pretty impressive for a GBA game, especially all the psi powers.

Thanks

I'll hit 'em.

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Green leaf/Fire red. Proved hours of fun.
    Baldurs gate: Dark allience Is one to get. Aswome even for the GBA.
    Mario Golf: Toad stool tour. Amazing RPG/Golf hybrid, epitome of it's genre.
    Zelda games. As good as it gets when it come to adventure.
    Breath of fire I & II are pretty rad.

Some people like Fire Emblem: Maiden Of The Dark, Lunar Legends, Magical vacation. But I havn't played those.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU ALL FORGOT THE Advance Wars SERIES!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MoloMowChow
    I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU ALL FORGOT THE Advance Wars SERIES!!!
    I CAN'T BELEIVE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT rpg games and NOT TURN-BASED STRATEGY!!!1ONE

There.
    Zelda and Harvest Moon are a bit... un-RPGish, so to speak, but nowadays almost any game is tagged as a hyperrealistic action-RPG-RTS, so yeah.