Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And another Mega Man series is born

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitramuse
    I can't avoid it...It's Megaman....I don't care if the game sux I have it, an original copy. And also X8...I want the Megaman X Collectors thingy!!! /me goes and live in america.
    Lol, living in America sux. But anyway, X7 isn't as bad as ppl think; it's just that it is an oddball and has really bad English voices. The style is very different compared to the other X games as well as the story. But I would like to own an original copy of it and not a pirated Korean PC version, since I am a fanatical Rockman fan.

Anyway, back on topic. I wonder how the new series will make use of the NDS's features, like the touch screen and if it will have anything like the W gate bonuses on Rockman EXE 5 DS: Twin Leaders.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Capcom have updated their Rockman ZX site with some new images and info.

Check it out: http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman_zx/

Translation of the text on that site:

In this game you begin by selecting from either the male character Van, or the first female protagonist of the Rockman series: Eile. There hidden powers are...?

Live Metals are mysterious pieces of metal excavated from places such as ancient ruins. There are various types of metals, and they contain recorded information concerning the history and armaments of bygone days. It's said that further knowledge and power can be recognized in the Live Metals according to one's own intentions. Van and Eile use the Live Metals to transform into the Model X form.

Another character of yet unknown identity is able to perform the Model Z transformation. What is the relation of Model X and Model Z? What is Rockman ZX?
    Credits for the translation goes to Heatman.

OMG! I'm so hyped! Who is that unknown character. He/she looks way too much like Zero, even outside of the Model Z form. Even got the same eye color as Zero!

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the link.

I'm gonna wait for that one too.

Thanks

Nearly got X collection. Now I presume I dont need to know anything much about MegaMan to get the story in these games. Btw this new game looks quite spaff with the whole two people being able to change into the image of X and Z. Quite cool indeed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Springer
    Quite cool indeed.
    Yes indeed. The legends live on. Go X and Zero!! But we gotta wait and see just how distinct this series is from the other series.

Thanks

I really can't wait, guess we gotta wait for a few more months...*sigh*

EDIT: I wonder what gameplay difference we will get with both male and female characters...
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks

I you had to pick from one of the new releases, which would it be...?

Rockman Rockman looks sweeeeet~! But this game has some nice appeal to it as well...

Thanks

if I HAVE to chose for yet unreleased games? I'd go for Halo 3...But MMXZ will also get a possibility of getting grabbed by my greedy little hands...
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitramuse
    I'd go for Halo 3... *Then my eyes burst*
    There's not enough "NO REP for j00"s in the world for that statement... I mean... Gawd!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Capcom have updated their Rockman ZX site with some new images and info.

Check it out: http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman_zx/

Translation of the text on that site:

Credits for the translation goes to Heatman.

OMG! I'm so hyped! Who is that unknown character. He/she looks way too much like Zero, even outside of the Model Z form. Even got the same eye color as Zero!
    Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh gaynezz
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Damn you rep club!

anyway, It wouldn't suprise me that that is zero. If not, maybe it's connected to Ceil and/or Zero. Maybe a descendant of Ceil (she does look a bit zero-ish, and they have to reference the past games in some way. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch that she would have been able to find some way of using zero's power in case it was needed again) or a Zero copy (She did make an X-copy after all, so a zero copy wouldn't have been too hard after seeing zero in action which I believe was the reason they couldn't make a copy in the first place). Or he could have been put back together (he's been blown to bits what 5-6 times now? The guy's a fricken T-1000 when it comes to regenerating parts. Futuristic Technology'd make it a whole lot easier to put his parts back together.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RU RLY?
    There's not enough "NO REP for j00"s in the world for that statement... I mean... Gawd!!
    Halo Multiplayer pwnz...

But yeh, I'm also a Megaman diehard gamer. I try to buy as much of Megaman as possible...I want 'em all!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I haven't really played too many of the Mega Man games since the X series ended on the Super NES. The first X game was the best one, hands down... it was different from everything else. After that it started to get a little too retarded. Like, you could beat X6 without taking on all of the Mavericks. And some of the characters from X5 had Guns 'n' Roses-esque names that just drove me nuts. Partially 'cause I never liked Guns 'n' Roses.

Hopefully this one turns out decent. They've really started to evolve the storyline, which I like, but this could go either way.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Weapon
    Nice

Damn you rep club!

anyway, It wouldn't suprise me that that is zero. If not, maybe it's connected to Ceil and/or Zero. Maybe a descendant of Ceil (she does look a bit zero-ish, and they have to reference the past games in some way. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch that she would have been able to find some way of using zero's power in case it was needed again) or a Zero copy (She did make an X-copy after all, so a zero copy wouldn't have been too hard after seeing zero in action which I believe was the reason they couldn't make a copy in the first place). Or he could have been put back together (he's been blown to bits what 5-6 times now? The guy's a fricken T-1000 when it comes to regenerating parts. Futuristic Technology'd make it a whole lot easier to put his parts back together.)
    Well nothing is confirmed, but I believe this game to be many years into the future. In the end of MMZ4, Neo-Arcadia is completely destroyed and humans and reploids are now living together at the only place in the world that has any kind of nature at all. I believe that this is so many years into the future, that the world is most or less repaired and the "village" now has evolved into a large city. Check the artwork on the official site (the one at the top with the flower building). So my point is that Ciel probably isn't alive. But of course, I could be very wrong.

Mikey_ Guest

uncle crusher, will you tell us some more MM stories? *sits and eats popcorn*

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    uncle crusher, will you tell us some more MM stories? *sits and eats popcorn*
    I'd love to.

But I dunno what to say. You should know the storyline if you've read through my posts and the Wikipedia link I posted.

Got any questions I can answer?