Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Applied for college

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Applied for college

Has this happened to any of you who are in college now. I applied online for a college and it told me to give some sheet to my counselor at school. I just found out from the University of Illinois that my application was incomplete from the fact that my transcript was not sent in. And I went and took care of that about a month ago. Now I need to apply for more colleges now. Is it me or did I get screwed over or what?

Thanks

The transcript (the thing you needed to be sent in by your counselor) is something all colleges require. It's used to see if you'll be accepted (they decide by looking at your past coursework and grades)

You didn't get screwed over.

Thanks

You were to also give your conselor a signiture page which u should have gotten after giving ur credit card number. hopefully u did that?

i'll be headed to u of i next year
    go illini!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BiggySmall
    Has this happened to any of you who are in college now. I applied online for a college and it told me to give some sheet to my counselor at school. I just found out from the University of Illinois that my application was incomplete from the fact that my transcript was not sent in. And I went and took care of that about a month ago. Now I need to apply for more colleges now. Is it me or did I get screwed over or what?
    Yes, this exact same thing happened to me actually. It was from my high school. I talked to them and they had said that they sent the transcript. Later on after admissions were up I was contacted saying that my application was incomplete. That's when I said fuck CU. Probably not a bad idea considering how much bad publicity they have received as of late.

Thanks

Man, you need to get on those school counselors. Last year in my school, they "forgot" to send out a transcript and the girl got screwed. She ended up not going to college. I'm going a community college 15 minutes away, so I'm not worried about this stuff, seeing as I can drive down there and hand in the application myself..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [ForeverZero]
    Man, you need to get on those school counselors. Last year in my school, they "forgot" to send out a transcript and the girl got screwed. She ended up not going to college. I'm going a community college 15 minutes away, so I'm not worried about this stuff, seeing as I can drive down there and hand in the application myself..
    Fortunately for me they did send it to CSU, which is the school I'm now going to.

Thanks

Hehe. State colleges are cooler anyway.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    Yes, this exact same thing happened to me actually. It was from my high school. I talked to them and they had said that they sent the transcript. Later on after admissions were up I was contacted saying that my application was incomplete. That's when I said fuck CU. Probably not a bad idea considering how much bad publicity they have received as of late.
    Damn I thought I was the only one

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Man
    The transcript (the thing you needed to be sent in by your counselor) is something all colleges require. It's used to see if you'll be accepted (they decide by looking at your past coursework and grades)

You didn't get screwed over.
    I gave them incentive to send out the transcripts. You know that paper that they have the counselor sign. Well I gave that to him and she never got it out to U of I. Thats what Im pissed off about

Thanks

I just found out that after I had sent in my application and told my counselor to send my SAT scores and transcript to Hawaii Pacific University, that they didn't recieve either of those two things, so I am pretty much screwed out of going to that college. I already have been accepted to one college so I guess I have to go with that one now.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks
    EP Points

I told my councelor to send my transcript to the University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky. I bug her nearly everyday about it, and she said she has. She better have sent mine in. I also have to get my letters of reccomendation from my teachers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I told my councelor to send my transcript to the University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky. I bug her nearly everyday about it, and she said she has. She better have sent mine in. I also have to get my letters of reccomendation from my teachers.
    You can go to just about any college you want probably

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    That's nice of you to say about me and meh, I suppose you are right.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

I'm only posting in this thread to say that Kosmo's signature is fantastic. Only the WHYYYYY?! part thought

And this is what my reputation's all about. Making posts like these. 2005 down, infinite to go!

Thanks

I was waiting for someone to call me out on the bullshit that I just pulled.

I totally just stole Josh's praise and no one called me out on it.