Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sockesocke View Post
    i also remembered a game i saw a couple of months ago in a video game store but the name escapes me. it was for either gamecube or ps2 and it had a very anime-ish art direction, another thing i remember for sure is that the cover mentioned something about battles with a huge amount of enemies on screen (probably like the warriors games from koei). anyone know which game it could be? thanks
    Tales of Symphonia?

Thanks
    EP Points

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    Okay, maybe you guys can crack this one. I've been dying to play it again for years.

This is a Japanese PSX game. You navigate through a maze with some pencil-like thing and when you touch the walls, it explodes and (I think) you have to start over. I'm pretty sure I played this game off of a demo disc, if that helps.

I know that's not a lot to go on. That's all I remember.
    I think I have that same demo disc.. "Playstation Undergroun Jampack", right?
    It was based on a Japanese game show, and did get an English release:
    http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/Irritating_Stick_[U]/37030

Now for my request:

This will probably take an older gamer to remember, I played this game as a wee tyke in the waiting area of a family restaurant. One of those "cocktail table" cabinets that were popular in the early 80's. It was kinda like a cross between Gauntlet and Dig-Dug. You moved through a maze (I don't remember if you could make your own tunnels) putting out fires. There were 4 (I think) differently-colored bonfires in the corners of the maze, which would spawn walking fireball-like guys of the same color, and you had to put out all the bonfires to advance to the next level (I think). Your weapon was a bucket of water, which would splash out in the direction you were facing when you pressed the fire button. I think the only power-up was something that would extend the reach of your water splash. Sorry I couldn't remember more, I've only been to that restaurant once, and didn't have to wait long to be seated so only got to play it once, also I was probably only like 4 or 5 at the time.

UNRESOLVED

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgenz View Post
    Hi guys, made an account after finding this forum because I need some help.

I am looking and researching for a game I played a long time ago, I think 15 years ago would be accurate. I am almost sure I played the game on a IBM PCjr, but I can be mistaken. The only thing I remember for sure is that the IBM logo would come on up on the screen everytime I turned on the thing.

I have a vague memory of some black screen with a few games I could select, the game I'm trying to looking for was in between them.

You played as a colorful spider/crawler (or maybe my mind is tricking me and it was just a dude) in what seems like a space/galaxy environment. Not because of all the planets and everything, but because the background was black and would flicker some white pixels which represented stars.

The point of the game was to walk across these blocks in a top down view, so you could go left, right up or down, and break all the blocks as you walked over them. The blocks all had a different color and thus different effects, some would require me walking over them twice/thrice and maybe even changed color when walked over.

You would proceed to the next level if you were able to destroy all the blocks.

Please help me out guys. I have been googling and searching for ages, every information helps! I'm going insane!

Thanks a lot.
    Mike
    For some reason your description really made me think of Math Munchers, although it's kind of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    Okay, maybe you guys can crack this one. I've been dying to play it again for years.

This is a Japanese PSX game. You navigate through a maze with some pencil-like thing and when you touch the walls, it explodes and (I think) you have to start over. I'm pretty sure I played this game off of a demo disc, if that helps.

I know that's not a lot to go on. That's all I remember.
    Irritating Stick?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 30th-January-2014 at 21:25. Reason: posts merged

Thanks

Well, i registered so i could ask about this and im stoked to see a section specifically for asking!

All i remember is that it was on the Game boy, played like a looser shadowgate and was centered around alchemy. There were pots or cauldrons or alchemic circles or whatever youd come across every now and then and youd drop in items youd found to create new ones. Occasional monster encounters and the like. I used to loooove it as a kid and i just cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Much obliged.

UNSOLVED
    I was never very good at coming up with original sigs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shrexican View Post
    Well, i registered so i could ask about this and im stoked to see a section specifically for asking!

All i remember is that it was on the Game boy, played like a looser shadowgate and was centered around alchemy. There were pots or cauldrons or alchemic circles or whatever youd come across every now and then and youd drop in items youd found to create new ones. Occasional monster encounters and the like. I used to loooove it as a kid and i just cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Much obliged.

UNSOLVED
    Mysterium. Definitely.

Thanks

So years ago in my younger days I played a game on the GBA I'm not sure if that was the only platform it's just the one I remembered...
    This game had a title involving the word sol or solstice or some such variation.... it's kinda like a wanna-be Zelda game only "Link" or whatever you wanna call your character is tall instead of being a demented gnome shooting magical beams out of his sword... it starts off rather like link to the past your mother.. (I think) sends you out in the rain on some errand and makes sure you take your tunic which is.... you guessed it, GREEN! Hence the wanna-be zelda... I think she sends you down into the village to talk to someone about something (real descriptive I know). Thats about all I really remember I really really wanna play it again I just don't remember the name =/
    Please help (sorry if this post is too long )

FAIL: solved. by me. GOLDEN SUN.
    Last edited by luicius; 14th-January-2011 at 07:53.

Thanks

So the game im looking for is on psx its a horror game its turn based with a battle system kind of similar to fftactics with a grid move and attack system . . . started in a mansion (i think) and i remember the weapons always being a pain because they broke and you couldnt repair them (to my knowledge). there were 3 characters you controlled one female that was the main girl and 2 guys. i remember the storyline being very grim and very violent i loved it and wanted to play it again

solved game was koudelka thanks to colamisu
    Last edited by jliber88; 16th-January-2011 at 16:56. Reason: solved

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jliber88 View Post
    So the game im looking for is on psx its a horror game its turn based with a battle system kind of similar to fftactics with a grid move and attack system . . . started in a mansion (i think) and i remember the weapons always being a pain because they broke and you couldnt repair them (to my knowledge). there were 3 characters you controlled one female that was the main girl and 2 guys. i remember the storyline being very grim and very violent i loved it and wanted to play it again
    Koudelka.

Thanks

Asked about this one before the boards died, but still don't know which game it is. It was a first person RPGish game (think Wizardry, but I'm pretty sure it was not Wizardry) for the original Game Boy. The main gimmick of it was alchemy. You had to gather up different alchemical ingredients (tin, copper, sulfur, etc) to fuel your spells. Nintendo Power had a walkthrough of it way back in the day, I remember

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DeathChicken View Post
    Asked about this one before the boards died, but still don't know which game it is. It was a first person RPGish game (think Wizardry, but I'm pretty sure it was not Wizardry) for the original Game Boy. The main gimmick of it was alchemy. You had to gather up different alchemical ingredients (tin, copper, sulfur, etc) to fuel your spells. Nintendo Power had a walkthrough of it way back in the day, I remember
    Maybe your talking about Mysterium

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Dutt View Post
    Maybe your talking about Mysterium
    That's it. Haha, I've been wondering about this stupid game for years. Thanks

Thanks

I actually have one that I have been dieing to find for years now.

It came off of one of the old Playstation 1 demo CDs that came with the PSMag I believe.

From what I can recall, you play as this little Isometric solder characters (I think one red, blue, etc.) And what you were supposed to do was find blocks on the field, you take them back to a little spot which, I guess was considered your base. But when you return the blocks, you can build other units, like tanks and other things.
    The only map I can remember playing on was this big hill. D

Does anybody have any ideas about the name of this game?

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zatrei View Post

It came off of one of the old Playstation 1 demo CDs that came with the PSMag I believe.

From what I can recall, you play as this little Isometric solder characters (I think one red, blue, etc.) And what you were supposed to do was find blocks on the field, you take them back to a little spot which, I guess was considered your base. But when you return the blocks, you can build other units, like tanks and other things.

No, but I think I had that demo disc aswell.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    No, but I think I had that demo disc aswell.
    So then it isn't just some crazy game I imagined? That's a relief.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zatrei View Post

sounds like team buddies to me, i also had that demo disc.