View Poll Results: Which Postbit Do You Prefer?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Postbit

11 42.31%
  • Legacy Postbit

15 57.69%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Postbit Do You Prefer?

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Default Which Postbit Do You Prefer?

New Postbit

Legacy Postbit

Since changing back to the old Legacy Postbit, some users have expressed their disapproval preferring the New Postbit instead. Whilst it would be possible to implement both styles, it would be too much work to maintain both sets of templates. So, it's time to choose the one you prefer, the poll will close in one week. After that, no complaints about the postbit will be catered to.

EDIT:

You now have the option to choose which style you want.

http://www.epforums.org/profile.php?do=editoptions

EDIT 2:

Poll closed as it's no longer needed.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 22nd-January-2011 at 16:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

one question I have:

are there still gifts in VB4? because the only complaint I have about the new postbit was profiles like Cookie's that were like 100 times taller than everybody elses due to mass quantities of gifts that had to be on display at all times.

Thanks
    EP Points

There was an option to disable the viewing of gifts in the postbit. I would imagine that if gifts return, so will the option to hide them.

Edit: That said, if there were options to hide all the new bars, achievements, points, gil, etc. I probably wouldn't mind the Legacy option as much.
    Last edited by Milady; 21st-January-2011 at 22:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

agreed. Everybody loves things having RPG aspects to them, but those bars are unnecessary.

Thanks
    EP Points

I like the legacy postbit.

Anyone who votes for the new postbit probably does things like touch children and listen to bands on major labels. Disgusting.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    There was an option to disable the viewing of gifts in the postbit. I would imagine that if gifts return, so will the option to hide them.

Edit: That said, if there were options to hide all the new bars, achievements, points, gil, etc. I probably wouldn't mind the Legacy option as much.
    I agree, we need to get rid of most of these bars, achievements awards.

I would love (although it probably won't happen) if we had just points, access title, location, small avatar and then one image only in a sig, there's just too much clutter on profiles that's unnecessary, at least with the new postbit it allows for the clutter to not make webpages huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post

Anyone who votes for the new postbit probably does things like touch children and listen to bands on major labels. Disgusting.
    There you have it folks, whoever likes the old postbit is a hipster.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I'm certainly not translating any hippo-speak for you, young man. Not even for your birthday.

New postbit is where it's at.

Thanks

I don't care which postbit (apathy, ftw! ), but give the option to hide the bars, achievements, points, level, gil, etc.

I probably lean towards the hipster side.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    There you have it folks, whoever likes the old postbit is a hipster.

Oh shit, I forgot I was supposed to like things ironically. Should have voted for the new postbit.

But wait, if I like it ironically and end up actually liking it, do I have to hate it ironically from that point on? Would I suddenly feel a tinge of happiness and regret voting for it? What if I listened to an Animal Collective and Frankie Knuckles mashup while doing so? Is it acceptable to wear a beanie hat in August? I feel these questions need answering before I can make an informed decision.

Thanks

Oh shit, I forgot I was supposed to like things ironically. Should have voted for the new postbit.

But wait, if I like it ironically and I end up actually liking it, do I have to hate it ironically from that point on? Would I suddenly feel a tinge of happiness and regret voting for it? What if I listened to an Animal Collective and Frankie Knuckles mashup while doing so? Is it acceptable to wear a beanie hat in August? I feel these questions need answering before I can make an informed decision.
    Yes.
    No.
    No. Wait, that isn't a yes/no question.
    Yes.

There you go, sport.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    No. Wait, that isn't a yes/no question.
    HOW DID YOU ESCAPE MY LOGIC TRAP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Well, I'm certainly not translating any hippo-speak for you, young man. Not even for your birthday.

New postbit is where it's at.
    What!? But how else am I supposed to get signed and promote my music to a wider audience if I can't give them the demo CD I made of badgers mating to the sound of wind chimes? You're breaking my balls here, dude.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 22nd-January-2011 at 00:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What's wrong with touching children?

I actually like them both equally. Does that count for anything? I would prefer the option to switch back and forth, but understand that the hassle this will create. So I suppose I will have to choose for the new postbit.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 22nd-January-2011 at 00:51. Reason: Typo

Thanks

New postbit. The postbit that has helped define EP for more than 10 years, or at least the past 2 for me. I think it's clear who the winner should be, but I don't particularly have a dislike for legacy other than that it was CHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!!!! that took several hours to get used to. Having both would be nice, though it is perfectly understandable as to why only one can be chosen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Some people did not understand the question, we aren't talking about what's in the profiles, the bars, achievements and other elements that are being displayed now, we are talking about if you want them displayed horizontally or vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by Zieg30CT View Post
    New postbit. The postbit that has helped define EP for more than 10 years, or at least the past 2 for me. I think it's clear who the winner should be, but I don't particularly have a dislike for legacy other than that it was CHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!!!! that took several hours to get used to. Having both would be nice, though it is perfectly understandable as to why only one can be chosen.
    Actually, Emuparadise always used the legacy postbit, as you said the new one was here only recently and only cos there were problems using the legacy one with the old vB version. After almost 7 years, we were forced to use the new one and none really wanted it. Legacy is the classic EP style.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

What, really? I thought this was classic EP. How did I not notice the change?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!