Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Make a Reprogrammable Genesis Cart

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

wooah that was alot to choose from hmm what will i download im more of a hardware guy im running win 10 64bit.
    yeah i tought i was a good idea to make one that can test the eproms before soldering them, i will make one from a bettery backed up cart to.
    killapinke if you want one i might can make one for you if i have any more switches lying around. or you can make one yourself it realy easy if you have a switch and a soldering iron and some breakable ic socket strip.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Adam Welch (dra600n) Said Just get the sram patched ROM .. will like couple of them if you can will pay nice price for them http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?Fus...e&User=dra600n

Adam Welch Said I just soldered a switch to my boards to switch between 27c322 and 27c160/800 for my test burns. It's so useful isn't it? Just get the sram patched rom I had to test it out on my boards for someone, so I know it works
    Last edited by deadlegion; 19th-April-2017 at 21:53. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

okay now i lost you cant really understand what you mean? but it might be because my english is not so good

Thanks
    EP Points

Get SRAM patched ROM I believe this is the right download. You can even customize it as well http://www.s3complete.org/

Thanks
    EP Points

okay will try that rom to damn in ióut of eproms hate to wait for my new ones.....

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by _psx_ View Post
    okay will try that rom to damn in ióut of eproms hate to wait for my new ones.....
    Just erase eprom an re-use it lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Dont have any of that size

These damn errors damn! What eeproms are suitible?

Edit again : the eproms burn whit out any trubbel dont give me any errors at least, but when it going to verify it fails at random places any ideas? I have tried to play the games that dont verify and they seem to play fine. Eproms are 27c800.
    Last edited by _psx_; 21st-April-2017 at 13:34. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

It's is possible to make a Beggar Prince repro. ? The rom have some protection and reset the console at certain point. Someone have an IPS patch for this rom to patch it to do a repro of this game ?

@Jazzmarazz help us with this.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jazz you ever do multi carts? I read simply pasting the code of a game on the end of another allows you to have 2 games that will toggle via reset. So as using 2 1MB games to make 1 multi 2MB game. I tried it and it did not work. I copied the hex code of game 2 and pasted at the end of game 1, and saved file. I then opened the file, byte swapped it, programmed it, and it only plays game 1. Reset just resets to Game 1.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by icemanxp300 View Post
    Jazz you ever do multi carts? I read simply pasting the code of a game on the end of another allows you to have 2 games that will toggle via reset. So as using 2 1MB games to make 1 multi 2MB game. I tried it and it did not work. I copied the hex code of game 2 and pasted at the end of game 1, and saved file. I then opened the file, byte swapped it, programmed it, and it only plays game 1. Reset just resets to Game 1.
    That will not work. See my second post in this thread. The tutorial is old not finished though.

Thanks
    EP Points

I did not read this info from this thread. This statement was made in a youtube comment by someone.

"FYI if you take two bin files (post byte swap) and merge them into one bin file and write it, you get a two for one game that splits based on the RESET button.. e.g.: instead of filling a 2 meg with FFFFF you can flash two 1 meg games, hit RESET and it will go to game #2, hit again, game #1."

Thanks

Hi,

I ve read almost everything it this thread (not that I understand everything, but Im trying). I ve learned how to make common non-save games of different sizes and some battery-save games too.

What I'm trying to do now is to write some LARGE hacked ROM on to cartridge (It is Hacked UMK3 rom, so no save). It's working on my friend's flashcart on MD1 well. The total ROM-size is 6103KB (6.1 MB), So I guessed that I should split it like Jazz said earlier(Using H). So I got two *.bin file (4MB and 2.07MB).

The PCB that Im trying to use is from japanese SHINING FORCE I. As I see it it uses TWO Sega Roms on it. (When I first saw it I thought AHA!!) How do you think will it work if I just solder two 27C322's(4+2.07) on it? Will it work? And then what is the order in which I should solder them, which one's where?

The pic of the PCB - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhzqgw3x5t...85655.jpg?dl=0 , https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaxarxrmg1...85702.jpg?dl=0

PS. Jeez... Sorry for such stupid questions...

Thanks
    EP Points

A heads up to all the young players. M27C4002 is not equivalent to M27C400 even though it seams like it spec wise. it's wired up completely different.
    Learn from my mistakes, people!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CeeJaySWE For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the tutorial, I made my firts repros...
    Any way to make a multirom with 27c160 with 2 games of 1MB?
    Use 1MB bank switch

Thanks

I just recently saw this topic: https://www.epforums.org/showthread....t-with-a-TL866

if anyone needs such a 16 bit adapter for the TL866, let me know. I have a few (I think 6) laying around I could sell for a fair price.