Thread: How To Create An Invisible Folder

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    This method isn't perfect however, drag a box over the icon you can still see the outline of the text for the invisible character used and this shows up in microsoft command prompt.

If you hid it in a place not as easy to access as the desktop it would probably work provided the person you are hiding the files and folders from has is not tech savvy at all. Also the files contained within the folder will still appear if you carried out a wildcard search for the file types, such as looking for every .jpg file on the hard drive.

If you really want to secure files, use Truecrypt.
    as i should of stated, this isnt a perfect method if you truly want to hide something on your computer, this is only a trick for people who want to do something different without downloading things and want to have easy access to their folder, to be honest if you really wanted to you could create a hidden folder but then you would have to go back and forth between your control pannel and things, i said on the chat yesterday you could even place it behind your windows 7 gadgets for a bit of extra hiding, this isnt about securing files really its just a fun thing to do with windows
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 16th-June-2011 at 10:24.
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    as i should of stated, this isnt a perfect method if you truly want to hide something on your computer, this is only a trick for people who want to do something different without downloading things and want to have easy access to their folder, to be honest if you really wanted to you could create a hidden folder but then you would have to go back and forth between your control pannel and things, i said on the chat yesterday you could even place it behind your windows 7 gadgets for a bit of extra hiding, this isnt about securing files really its just a fun thing to do with windows
    Oh, ok, I just wanted to say about the alternative for files which must not be found.