Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for posting that Gare, you simultaneously gave me a hard on and quelled my fears on DS2. I've not been following the game mainly because I learned my lesson a long time ago about getting hyped for any upcoming release (unless it's Metal Gear, because that shit ALWAYS delivers ). At least I now know that when PS4 releases are stale in that first quarter of 2014, I'll have DS2 to fall back on

Thanks

A neat thing about DS2 is that they're designing it for PC and then "porting" it to PS2/Xbox.
    It allows them to use the power of the PC and then downgrade it for the console versions.
    Plus, since it's designed for PC it might have more mod potential. Finally you can be a furry mage shooting crystal missiles out of your crotch.
    It's been my life's dream.

Thanks
    EP Points

silver knights...black knights...bah, lemme grab my scythe collection (various lvls/upgrade branches) and i'll rip 'em a new one

i've got dark souls on xbox360 but not demon souls. overall i honestly loved dark souls on my first playthrough except for a couple things. 1. that damnable red dragon on the bridge in undeadburg is REALLY irritating, especially in NG+. and Orstein and Smough, oh how i loathe that battle >.< i usually kill orstein first and wind up with his massive (fat as heck!) partner trying to ram and jump on me for round 2, not fun.

2. when i first saw how big of a difficulty jump the first NG+ makes i almost wanted to give up right at the monastery. my best armor basically became vapor ware and i don't use shields often because i can usually go close-mid range with those long polearm scythes so that left me with virtually no real defense aside from various resistances. one of my all time fave weapon types, scythes, got me through like 3/4 of the first playthrough and now most of my first NG+...just need to get to and kill the 3 kings then i can go face what will now be a decent final boss fight.

1st fight with lord cinder = pushover tbh been hoping for a real fight on NG+

Thanks

Big Hat Logan..I weep for thee..

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNachos View Post
    A neat thing about DS2 is that they're designing it for PC and then "porting" it to PS2/Xbox.
    It allows them to use the power of the PC and then downgrade it for the console versions.
    Plus, since it's designed for PC it might have more mod potential. Finally you can be a furry mage shooting crystal missiles out of your crotch.
    It's been my life's dream.
    I feel like this is disgraceful to Dark Souls x3
    Last edited by deadlegion; 22nd-August-2013 at 05:31. Reason: merged posts
    I've beaten them all.
    All the one's worth beating, that is

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sushihair View Post
    I feel like this is disgraceful to Dark Souls x3
    Sure there's silly mods, but there's also the potential of adding hundreds of hours of gameplay to games.
    But this is just my imagination, there probably won't be mod support built-in.
    The stuff for Dark Souls PC is just visual, like:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNachos View Post
    Sure there's silly mods, but there's also the potential of adding hundreds of hours of gameplay to games.
    But this is just my imagination, there probably won't be mod support built-in.
    The stuff for Dark Souls PC is just visual, like:

I like the one that says "you died like a bitch"

Thanks
    EP Points

Are we talking about Dark Souls? Because I'm here now.

I'm a pretty huge fan of the Souls series, and very much looking forward to the second game.

Ofc, still play both games a bunch, not sure how many hours I've pumped into PvP.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Now that I'm back at home it's time to resume my adventure.

A little question for those of you who have played it. When would be a good moment to start the DLC area and can you revisit it or do I have to beat it in one sitting?

Ok, that was a two-in-one

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Now that I'm back at home it's time to resume my adventure.

A little question for those of you who have played it. When would be a good moment to start the DLC area and can you revisit it or do I have to beat it in one sitting?

Ok, that was a two-in-one
    You can only access the DLC after: killing the Hydra in Darkroot Basin, Freeing and talking to Dusk, then killing a crystal golem that spawns near the beginning of the Duke's Archives. So I'd say right about then is a solid time to start working on the DLC. But really, it's possible to do it whenever you want.

As for doing it in parts, also possible, I believe all of the bonfires in the DLC are warpable so you can beat one boss and come back when you're ready. GOOD LUCK.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealSpiders For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

So, unlike the Painted World of Ariamis, with the Lordvessel I'm free to explore the DLC area and then warp back to any other warpable bonfire in the game. Cool. THANKS SPIDEY (I'm going to need it)

Thanks
    EP Points

So, unlike the Painted World of Ariamis, with the Lordvessel I'm free to explore the DLC area and then warp back to any other warpable bonfire in the game. Cool. THANKS SPIDEY (I'm going to need it)
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Yes, you can freely warp from bonfire to bonfire, there's also a super cool PvP area that nobody uses.

Thanks
    EP Points

I never used the PvP area. I should really do that. The online part of Dark Souls wasn't something I really got into

Thanks
    EP Points

You should try it, I could spend hours there on the PC version. At one time I got summoned by two dudes cosplaying as Smough and Ornstein. Got my ass handed to me, but it was fun.

Thanks
    EP Points

I haven't paid too much attention to PvP either, I'm devoting all my humanities to the poor lil creatures I find, they all seem to be avid for them

I've been Ornstein since I defeated him

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    You should try it, I could spend hours there on the PC version. At one time I got summoned by two dudes cosplaying as Smough and Ornstein. Got my ass handed to me, but it was fun.
    That's pretty awesome. If I did do PVP I think it would have to be on PC

I haven't paid too much attention to PvP either, I'm devoting all my humanities to the poor lil creatures I find, they all seem to be avid for them

I've been Ornstein since I defeated him
    ?? Do you pass Humanity to invaders?