Thread: Anyone else going to be playing the Rift MMORPG?

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Anyone else going to be playing the Rift MMORPG?

Greetings, friends.
    If you play MMORPGs, you owe it to yourself to try the Rift Beta.
    The final (and open!) beta starts this Tuesday and will last about a week before the beta servers go down and the game itself opens up to pre-orders the next day (March 1st for non pre-orders).

Official website is here: http://www.riftgame.com/en/index.php

As for the game itself, like any good MMORPG it copies a lot from previous MMOs. WoW players will be at home in it, although there's some key differences.

-2 factions, Guardian and Defiant. Guardians are religious dorks and defiant are steampunk dorks.

-There's 4 archetype "callings", and each one has 8 "souls" that you can assign 3 at a time. It's like WoW's talent trees except you can mix stuff up a lot more.
    Like rogue has something like: Assassin, Elemental-type dude, swashbuckler, tank (yes rly), bard, and so on.
    PIC IS RELATED

-The namesake of the game, Rifts, open up a lot and create invasions of various towns and outposts and crap. It's quite awesome. The vast majority of the rewards you get from this stuff is directly related to your contribution to closing it and as such the loot isn't shared, which helps a lot. Oh yeah, you automatically form teams for most of this stuff, which is a nice bonus.

Yaunsdoiusanodasnoadsa I ran out of motivation because I need to sleep, but it's a cool game. I plan to play on a PvP server and probably as Guardian since it will most likely have fewer players.
    Last edited by KnightofNachos; 11th-February-2011 at 07:29.