Quote Originally Posted by Paul Miller
Anything that Me First and the Gimme Gimmes do is a win. They cover tons of different stuff, all in punk, like Simon and Garfunkel, Elton John, even some showtunes. Best band I've discovered since like... ever. Fat Mike is the man.

Also, Richard Cheese is an interesting cover artist. Lounge style. And Frank Zappa does some weird covers. Apocalyptica, interesting Metallica cover band, with some of their own stuff.

Nirvana's cover of 'The Man Who Sold the World' (David Bowie) is great. Johnny Cash does a ton of cool covers, including The Beatles' 'In My Life.' Foo Fighters cover Prince's 'Darling Nikki' or whatever it is. Hendrix's cover of Dylan's 'All Along the Watchtower' is clearly classic. Beatles cover some Chuck Berry, Green Day does a decent cover of The Who's 'My Generation,' and The Cardigans do some strangely almost likeable covers of 'The Boys are Back in Town' (Thin Lizzie) and 'Iron Man' (like you need the artist for this one.)

So that's a bit long, sorry. Just some personal likes or ones that I found interesting enough to give a listen to.
thanks, you just helped me remember that nirvana did some awesome covers. i really like their covers of Where Did You Sleep Last Night? and Lake of Fire.