Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's proof to what I've been saying for years.

Thanks

Default Here's proof to what I've been saying for years.

Humans crave violence like they crave sex.

Well, ther you have it. Something I've been saying for years, and sometimes laughed at by the more liberal persons I've met. The most, I'll call it "embarrassing" time I said this was in my English 1020 class last semester. These 9 liberal-as-possible kids broke out laughing when I said "It's in our nature to be destructive, hell history proves we enjoy killing each other". They thought that was insane, that its been religion, greed, inequality, and anything else society has generally labeled "evil" to some extent. While those play a role of course, the fact is this: Human beings just love violence, and we'll look for any excuse to see it. We are violent creatures, down to our DNA.

Some people refer to this as "emo", but if WAAAR is emo, if carnage is emo, and if sex is emo (as the article compares our desire for violence to our sex-drive), then damnit, the emo population of America needs to re-think its image and ideals.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

They tested a mouse, not a human :eyeball:

Thanks

We're mammals dude.
    We live to mate and die lol.
    It doesn't take science and discussion to know that.
    Some things need not taken into such complexity sometimes.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    We're mammals dude.
    We live to mate and die lol.
    It doesn't take science and discussion to know that.
    Some things need not taken into such complexity sometimes.
    It still helps to know the why and how alongside the basic fact that (some) humans do enjoy participating in violence.

We're long past the point as a species where everyone needs to have a desire for violence and it may well be bloody helpful if scientists could develop something to "level out" peoples craving for the stuff. Assuming of course that the drive for violence is seperable from the drives for competition and domination. Which is hardly something I'd guarantee.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"I swear officer, I just needed to feed my violence addiction!"

So uh, yeah. Let's not confuse the possibility that humans may enjoy violence on some level with claims that everyone's a sick violence junkie, as not every person on the planet is bent on picking fights or seeing blood. Nor are most people supporting war for the sake of war, as normally there's been one or more other reason why such conflicts occur, which makes just as much, if not more, sense as a probable violence addiction of the ruler/populace.

At the very least, these impulses are entirely controllable for the majority of people, even if they have to find other less direct outlets for these impulses besides grabbing a bat and beating a hobo to death then jerking off all over the corpse. Just as someone who doesn't get laid once in a while won't suddenly freak out and rape the nearest thing with an unprotected body cavity, someone who hasn't taken part in or viewed violence recently won't suddenly go on a violent killing spree. Long story short, this study doesn't give proof that humans are sick war mongering fucks who let their violence drive do all the thinking. It just points out that genetically there may be some reason for people liking violence.

Oh man, I'm so gore-ny

/grabs axe and heads outside
    Last edited by Raype; 18th-January-2008 at 10:59.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think this only proves that people who seek out violence are as smart as a mouse.

Thanks

So my urge to kill people in strange and creative ways is totally a genetic problem? SWEET!

Side note: We all know/knew this, pussies just didnt want to admit it.

Thanks

I like to combine sex AND violence.
    Touch my twat.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

People in American using the word "liberal" makes me confused.

And, again, humans aren't what they are cracked up to be.

Also, Clive stole my post. Bloody bastard.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

There is stuff to level out the violence.
    For natural, It's called MARIJUANA.
    XD
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_Hammer View Post
    Some people refer to this as "emo", but if WAAAR is emo, if carnage is emo, and if sex is emo (as the article compares our desire for violence to our sex-drive), then damnit, the emo population of America needs to re-think its image and ideals.
    eh?,I don't understand this,war is emo?. I though emo were depressed kids that bitch about life sucking in their blogs,have suicidal tendencies,say they're bisexual just to be cool,wear their hair in a weird way and/or dress weird,and listen to emo music. (if anybody is emo an feel offended by my generalization,sorry,I'm just confused about the paragraph I quoted).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos
    it may well be bloody helpful if scientists could develop something to "level out" peoples craving for the stuff.
    that sounds in the border line of totalitarian dystopias (1984,farenheit 451,thx 1138,equilibrium,that kind of things).
    it sounds like the movie "equilibrium" where people is forced to take a drug to repress feelings and emotions and that kind of stuff.
    I wouldn't want a society that forces people to take something in order to dumb them down.
    anyway,there's already medication and jail/asylums for people with mental disorders that crave for violence so much that decide to go on a killing rampage. considering scientists find something to "level out" people craving for violence,when would it be applied?,since birht?,since the first violent episode in school? ("teacher,that kid punched me!"),or just by guessing "hmm..this one looks violent,give him the stuff"?. that sounds,(again),like a futuristic distopia scenario: multivac or the precogs or whatever predicts john doe is violent and may do something nasty,so they put him in jail for something he didn't actually do.

hehe,I hope I was clear,sometimes I sound confusing because I can't put in to (english) words what I'm thinking.

bye
    nothing

Thanks

I'm not so much talking about forced societal use or anything along those lines, but something more akin to the way we use lithium to help manic-depressives control their problems. Not everyone can function in society without the help of certain drugs and the uncontrollably violent certainly fit into that mould alongside the uncontrollably depressed and other dysfunctions born of brain chemistry.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 19th-January-2008 at 04:23.

Thanks

Default Not everyone has turrets.

=Paladin_Hammer;1080058]Humans crave violence like they crave sex.

Well, ther you have it. Something I've been saying for years, and sometimes laughed at by the more liberal persons I've met. The most, I'll call it "embarrassing" time I said this was in my English 1020 class last semester. These 9 liberal-as-possible kids broke out laughing when I said "It's in our nature to be destructive, hell history proves we enjoy killing each other". They thought that was insane, that its been religion, greed, inequality, and anything else society has generally labeled "evil" to some extent. While those play a role of course, the fact is this: Human beings just love violence, and we'll look for any excuse to see it. We are violent creatures, down to our DNA.
    That is just stupid... It's called instinct, and we all already knew this. Have you ever heard of fight or flight? It's the basic instinct to either attack a problem (literally) or run away. But you don't see kids gang-beating their teachers when they get homework (though I've thought about it.)

The fact is, there are two governing factors of people; instinct (like violent or sexual desires) and intellect (which is what makes us go, "Hey! Maybe raping and violently attacking that mailbox isn't such a great idea..."). For most people, intellect is the governing factor (which is how humans became the dominant species of the planet), but there is still the underlieing instinct.

Who the hell ever said sex is emo? That's retarded... like you. Oh, and religion isn't evil. Even though I myself am effectively agnostic (I say "effectively" because it's not that I don't know, but more like I really don't care), I still think religion is a wonderful thing for those in need. Sure, some people use it for their own selfish gain, but over all it's a pretty good deal. I know a couple of people who were able to kick a drug habit through church.

P.S. Liberal isn't an insult. It means someone who is open to change. (a radical is someone who is open to change no matter what kind of change it is)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke View Post

P.S. Liberal isn't an insult. It means someone who is open to change. (a radical is someone who is open to change no matter what kind of change it is)
    Notice I said "Liberal as Hell". By that, I mean they want to change to much, and in retarded ways. One idea they had was that we ban ALL guns, including those used by military ad police forces, because they could use non-lethal methods just as well. But then, when the whole "Don't taze me bro" incident happened, they wanted to ban tazers as well. Thats the kind of idiot I was talking about, the ones who want to BAN anything they don't like, regardless of consqences. And could you imagine how the US Army in Iraq would FAIL if all they had were tazers? I could go on and on about the absolutely dumbass ideas these kids had, but it would take longer than my lazy ass wants to.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Just, to me, it doesn't make sense for someone "liberal" to be against the idea of humans being worthless. And it seems much for fitting for a "conservative" to bring up old explanations such as religion as a cause of violence.

So, yeah, what about them being liberal?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!