Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anime or no?

Thanks

I hate the art style, throughout all mediums. Animation, drawings, anything drawn in the anime style, IMO, is crap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    I hate the art style, throughout all mediums. Animation, drawings, anything drawn in the anime style, IMO, is crap.
    Define what "the art style" is to you.

Because I'm having a hard time picturing what links the art of, say, Lain, DBZ and Bebop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Define what "the art style" is to you.

Because I'm having a hard time picturing what links the art of, say, Lain, DBZ and Bebop.
    call it "stylistic cartoons", that's the best way I can describe it.

Thanks

If they have a good story and it's just a well played show, then I might watch it.
    Not into a lot of it and wouldn't call my self a fan of it, but there's some good shows I've seen.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by justhelpmepleas View Post
    I've seen some of Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, and some others that I dont remember the names of. Total watch time of all anime is probably less than two hours.
    I gave it a chance, I didn't like it, oh well. Nothing's going to change my mind about it. Just not my cup of tea.
    I read a chapter of Harry Potter, and the last few pages of The Hobbit, and a few lines from others I don't remember the names of.

I don't see what's so great about books and why people love the crap so much.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

^Are you trying to say something else there with that?

Thanks
    EP Points

You truly are an idiot.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

He's saying that you only watching a couple of episodes of some action anime and deciding you hate all anime is the same as him reading a few random pages of books and deciding that he hates all books.

Thanks

I knew what he was saying. Thanks for calling me an idiot fuckface, not you Tanthias. I'm entitled to my opinion, I don't have to sit and watch a shitload of anime to know I don't like it. I'll call it crap cuz it's my opinion, if you don't like it, go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    EP Points

I knew what he was saying. Thanks for calling me an idiot fuckface, not you Tanthias. I'm entitled to my opinion, I don't have to sit and watch a shitload of anime to know I don't like it. I'll call it crap cuz it's my opinion, if you don't like it, go fuck yourself.
    "All anime is crap" Is a statement that would require factual evidence to prove. "I think all Anime is crap" is an opinion.

Thanks

How is it not an opinion if I call it crap, that's how I feel about it, so guess what, that's my opinion.

Thanks

Anime humour pretty much comprises of references to otaku culture which aren't even witty, shounen shows are generally mindless violence with a retarded concept of heroism, moe is a stupid substitute for real relationships for otaku, and the rest is random bullshit (FLCL) that people who are new to anime like because it's the first thing they find and they still like the (cheap) novelty of the art styles. Also, EXPOSITION EXPOSITION EXPOSITION.

That said, Kino's Travels and 5cm (maybe some other stuff too) are exceptions and rock face.
    You are the weenie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pienne View Post
    Anime humour pretty much comprises of references to otaku culture which aren't even witty, shounen shows are generally mindless violence with a retarded concept of heroism, moe is a stupid substitute for real relationships for otaku, and the rest is random bullshit (FLCL) that people who are new to anime like because it's the first thing they find and they still like the (cheap) novelty of the art styles. Also, EXPOSITION EXPOSITION EXPOSITION.

That said, Kino's Travels and 5cm (maybe some other stuff too) are exceptions and rock face.
    Basically, it's as crap as any other medium. No argument there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Basically, it's as crap as any other medium. No argument there.
    There's a hell of a lot less good anime than good other shit, though.
    You are the weenie.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    Sounds to me like someone needs to watch a bit of FLCL.

Which, incidentally is the only anime I've thoroughly enjoyed. Oh, maybe the RotK one too, despite the fact that it's pretty damn bad.
    FLCL was definitely amazing. Watch Elfen Lied Elmy, I don't watch anime and I liked it quite a bit.