Quote Originally Posted by Oscar The Grouch View Post
Sometimes, when you are an Oilers fan, you gotta take the little things that they give you... doesn't help that we've lost 258 man games to injuries this season, either, or had to call up a shitload of our roster from the WHL to replace some of those guys. Once Khabibulin retires -- hopefully after next year, when his contract expires -- and we get Dubnyk into the net full time, things will start to turn around a little bit. Khabibulin is running on fumes at the moment and hasn't had a great game all season, where as Dubnyk has been on fire. Then, we can hopefully get our first round draft pick again next year and hopefully get a strong player to flesh out our offense a little bit. Once we get Whitney, Gagner, Horcoff, Hall and Hemsky back in the line-up from their season-ending injuries, and hopefully keep them in there next year without jumping on their hand with a skate and cutting it so bad that you can't play for the rest of the season... then we might have a shot.

I'm praying for 8th place seed in the Western Conference next year. I'll be happy with that, even if we go out in the first round.

Is this where I mention I'm a Devils fan?