Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your 10 year plan.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    Jase rocks though.
    You will always have a job at my company~

4 years ago I had no idea what I wanted to do, and being stuck in retail was annoying as hell, sitting at a desk watching numbers and figure of sales and people abusing you for no real reason sucks.
    Got offered this and yeah the first 2 weeks were hard, shit team of guys, treating me like a retard because I haven't done the work before, I almost gave it up, all the money in the world cant make you happy....
    But now I think I've found the perfect mix, I enjoy building shit, but I also do't want to be a shit kicker all my life, given the lucky break I got, has opened so many doors, no longer poor and have a career I enjoy.
    Nothing like working with a well put together team, and being outside with the fresh air~

PS: EP needs more threads like this, so get onto it people!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm a big guy so people tend to assume automatically that would enjoy helping them move. I prefer lifting the heavier pieces of furniture over filling boxes with small, random items; I tend to find the latter mind numbing to say the least.
    I smashed in 50 pegs with a 10oz sledge hammer the other day, took the shit out of me.... Last Friday, I had to move an ASSLOAD of 20kg blocks to set up a temp fence that I'm going to have to pull down tomorrow.... not looking forwards to it, because the ground is fair wet, and every time we try and get the truck to drive around and collect them, it gets bogged....
    Last edited by Jase; 12th-June-2011 at 22:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

I actually had a big post ready before deleting it, it mostly consisted of excuses and not getting anywhere because of it. What I should have done is learn a lot more than I did from those mistakes. My ten year plan was more of a five year plan and simply involved me making a company and making video games. I've had to reteach myself a lot of stuff as I am quite rusty on a lot of subjects, and I'm currently doing odd bits of work making websites for people, and learning at the same time. I want to go back to University at some point just for my own personal satisfaction, would like to get a place of my own (need some constant work coming in though first, and it would only be rented for the time being) There are a list of things I'd like to do, but never really put them into a plan. I suppose doing so would give me a better way of spacing out things instead of trying to do everything in a wierd order

Thanks

Nice thread

Hmm, well the past few years have been pretty good to me so I'm pretty excited about the next 10 years:

2012:
    - Marry the girl of my dreams
    - Graduate into a career in nursing

2016:
    - Wife to graduate as well
    - Buy another house

2016-20??
    - Pop out two lil baboushkas to ensue terrorizing their mother instantly

- Buy farmland near water to have nice self sustaining retirement home
    - Pull the rest of my hair out from the baboushkas terrorizing their father

2030-30??
    - Jam out til I doie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

.....I came to the conclusion tonight that I need to follow my true dream as well. I'm going to take my whack at stand up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    .....I came to the conclusion tonight that I need to follow my true dream as well. I'm going to take my whack at stand up.
    Good. Refine your skills by standing up infront of a microphone and post the results here.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I smashed in 50 pegs with a 10oz sledge hammer....................ASSLOAD
    Are you hitting on me?

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    My 10 year plan?

Most likely dead!
    No, you're not allowed to say that or I make a speech about beating alcoholism. Refer to page 1.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Are you hitting on me?

No, you're not allowed to say that or I make a speech about beating alcoholism. Refer to page 1.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttt upppppppppppppp

Thanks

Keep working as a personal trainer (I'm looking at a move to a more 'dedicated' training studio that caters to CBD workers rather than the suburban franchise gym I'm at now). Use the self-employment loopholes to turn all my further education into a tax writeoff and grind things up to the point where I can jump across into athlete training as a dedicated strength and conditioning coach.

Hopefully it'll take less than 10 years though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For my part, I've never really planned anything in my life. I expect, in ten years, I'll be exactly as I am in everything that matters. I'll probably have a job after a fashion, hopefully something appropriate to my educational expertise, but after three years, I'm not really holding out for much anymore. I won't have a spouse, or even a significant other, much less children; I decided that years ago. I probably won't own a home; I've little interest in such frivolities. I definitely won't be writing or drawing like I once thought; I gave that up, also years ago, and I was never much good at it in either case. I'll probably be sitting in front of a computer, playing the same tired old games, carrying the same tired old tales. Sorry, I suppose this really wasn't what you were looking for.

Or, as another poster noted, I might be dead. Always something to look forward to, I guess. C'est la vie, so to speak.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    For my part, I've never really planned anything in my life. I expect, in ten years, I'll be exactly as I am in everything that matters. I'll probably have a job after a fashion, hopefully something appropriate to my educational expertise, but after three years, I'm not really holding out for much anymore. I won't have a spouse, or even a significant other, much less children; I decided that years ago. I probably won't own a home; I've little interest in such frivolities. I definitely won't be writing or drawing like I once thought; I gave that up, also years ago, and I was never much good at it in either case. I'll probably be sitting in front of a computer, playing the same tired old games, carrying the same tired old tales. Sorry, I suppose this really wasn't what you were looking for.

Or, as another poster noted, I might be dead. Always something to look forward to, I guess. C'est la vie, so to speak.
    Well for what it's worth, I thank you for inspiring me so much. I am and have always been very disturbed; deified by my Mother's Brothers and stomped on by my biological Father. It has made me an arrogant, self hating psychopath. But you gave me hope because of your tenacity, intelligence, and amazing depth. I love you for who you are, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who has been touched by your very special energy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just finished my Masters of Engineering in Chemical Engineering. I am hopefully getting a job really soon, then we will see from there. I hope to be married before ten years from now, and I don't know about children. I don't even want to think about those yet, lol. I hope to be solid in my career. As to where I will be, I don't know right now. I need to figure out my situation with this girl before I think too far ahead.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    Well, I'll be getting my Bachelor's in less than a year now, so not long after that, I'm planning on going into the wild world of teaching. I've already talked to my department's chair at the school I'm attending currently and my old high school. Both appear to want me, so I could wind up working both.

Hopefully, I'll be able to find a new place to call my own using the new jobs. I really can't wait until I get to inspire others to make a difference in the world.
    Sorry re-reading this and saw this so just think those of you planning on having kids kermit might be teaching them in his own special way to be smart-asses like himself, but look at the bright side they will have no problems getting laid with kermit teaching they'll hump any thing that moves and some that don't.

by the way as to the other one I think you'd be good at stand up

my plan own my own computer repair chain similar to geeksquad but you know with people who actually know about computer repair

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Community college->University of Colorado->Doctorate get->Open a private practice.
    ಠ_ರೃ

Thanks

Hmmm...Where to start. A 10 year plan always sounds like a good idea until things don't work out for you. I was hoping to be on my own in 5. That isn't happening.

I planned to on finishing school in about 4 years. Hoping to get in and get out. I ended up fucking up my 2nd semester and took a year and a half off. I just started this past Spring. Walked out with a 3.3 GPA. So that made me happy. So I still need to finish my associates. Hopefully in the next few years I wanna have a bachelors in English Education. Probably secondary, but that's to be seen. Either that or a bachelors in some kind of technology. As soon as I'm done with my associates, then I'll start worrying. Anything more in the future, I'm hoping to finally move in with my boyfriend. Been seeing each other for about a year now and have finally swapped rings. Hoping by the time one of us goes somewhere, if either I move out or he starts his Radiology Tech program in another state, I'll go with him and hopefully finish my studies there. As you can see I'm constantly saying hopefully. I'm HOPING all this happens. It'd be too simple if that was the case since life takes twists and turns without consent from you. Anything further than the next few years seems blurry, since I actually DON'T know. But, I hope to finally have a job and settle down with the man that I love and hopefully start out lives together somewhere other than here. I'd like to live either in 2 extremes. The country, possibly having a house on the lake, or living in some place like manhattan in an apartment.

Everything is up in the air. All I can hope for is the best. I'm usually a pessimist, but my future is on the line, and I'd like to succeed.