Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 General Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Oh I dodge just fine, but it's good to have a last resort.

I'm above 170 myself and will continue to level as long as I have souls. I mean is there any reason not to continue leveling with the current matchmaking system? When your soul memory gets really high and you're getting invaded by SL300 dudes with insane amounts of Vigor and other stats, you probably don't want to be running around with a character still at 150 or lower. You're just gimping yourself for no good reason.
    I mean, no amount of leveling will make up for shoddy play, so you shouldn't let over-leveled opponents discourage you. Just look at the first game, had a great deal of max-level havel's mom flipping about the place, but that never stopped plenty of SL60-80 Dickwraiths from invading. A soul level meta is established partly so that people who enjoy fight clubs and duels can get consistent invasion of equal caliber, and partly because once you get into the upper threshold of of leveling, all of the builds just look the same. It's just great shields, havel's armor, and dual Avelyn's all the way down.

Thanks
    EP Points

I know it's in the game and people say you have the right to make use of all the assets the game gives you and that's fine, but I still silently judge everyone running around in Havel's set and abusing Avelyn. I am never taking off my Faraam set, fashion >>>> being a min-maxer.

Yeah, I guess so, but at the same time if I have souls I might as well spend it, don't wanna waste it. I already have all my shit upgraded, have fucktons of consumable items, all the spells and spare titanites in the bank, so... yeah. Might as well level up.

Also, I wanted to share a screenshot of mine. It's basically PvP in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Gare; 14th-May-2014 at 14:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

huzzah! i finally have my favorite DS armor set again and its still stupidly heavy as i fully expected it to be (it is basically a suit of stone after all), Havel's armor set ^.^ now to pump my vig stat so i won't be completely crush by this armor. had to and dodge the split personality to get this too no biggy though

edit: yep definately need more VIG. this set + shield put me at 111.5% current load capacity lol won't be dodging anything till i finish farming in the ditch again.
    Last edited by treos; 14th-May-2014 at 18:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

I know it's in the game and people say you have the right to make use of all the assets the game gives you and that's fine, but I still silently judge everyone running around in Havel's set and abusing Avelyn. I am never taking off my Faraam set, fashion >>>> being a min-maxer.

Yeah, I guess so, but at the same time if I have souls I might as well spend it, don't wanna waste it. I already have all my shit upgraded, have fucktons of consumable items, all the spells and spare titanites in the bank, so... yeah. Might as well level up.

Also, I wanted to share a screenshot of mine. It's basically PvP in a nutshell.
    I'm not saying to not level, but doing so just turns everyone's build into a nebulous mess. It all just kind of becomes the same thing, same stats at SL 5000, it takes away from the variety greatly. Plus, souls are just an object. You're going to end up with an exorbitant amount of them anyways, gaining them and losing them doesn't really matter.

Also, you know how you can fight the Pursuer on that square platform up the ladder early on near the cathedral? Turns out if you kill him there he doesn't show up as a boss. It was extremely anti-climatic.
    Last edited by TheRealSpiders; 14th-May-2014 at 20:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

thats both true and inevitable as Gare pointed out so that can't really be helped. as for the pursuer, now i've got a spot where he spawns as a normal enemy (smelter demon's room) yet for some reason i just can't seem to beat him this time around :/ maybe after upgrading this armor and raising my vig a good amount i could beat him again. also, just noticed that they redesigned the look of Havel's set too (unless i just overlooked this in the past), the shield and gauntlets now have chains strapped across them. merely cosmetics but its some small change to the armor since it still remains an OP pile of rock.

O.O crap, need vig NOW, i can't run when over 100% load

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Also, you know how you can fight the Pursuer on that square platform up the ladder early on near the cathedral? Turns out if you kill him there he doesn't show up as a boss. It was extremely anti-climatic.
    Haha, I didn't know that. Then again the first time I climbed up that ladder and saw him I went NOPENOPENOPE and bailed like a pussy.

Pursuer is such a bitch. He whooped my ass the second time I fought him at Iron Keep, took me a couple of tries and Sunlight Spear abuse to get him down. The first time, as a boss, he died within seconds, primarily because the co-op partner I had with me shot him a couple of times with the ballista and he went down like a bitch.

Thanks
    EP Points

Haha, I didn't know that. Then again the first time I climbed up that ladder and saw him I went NOPENOPENOPE and bailed like a pussy.

Pursuer is such a bitch. He whooped my ass the second time I fought him at Iron Keep, took me a couple of tries and Sunlight Spear abuse to get him down. The first time, as a boss, he died within seconds, primarily because the co-op partner I had with me shot him a couple of times with the ballista and he went down like a bitch.
    Don't feel bad, I did the same thing.

Me: Oh, wonder what's up here...

Pursuer: Hai.

Me: NOPENOPENOPE

In case anyone is also wondering, you can actually parry his attacks. You can't get a riposte off of it, but if you're quick you can pull a ballista shot. That being said I haven't been able to parry him with enough time to fire a bolt without him dancing all over the place. I lack discipline.

Thanks
    EP Points

down goes the guardian dragon after numerous failed attempts :/ not all that easy to solo a dragon in a souls game unless its like those blue drakes in DS1 in which case you can kite them to death. speaking of kiting, i think From went and messed up the archery in DS2. for example, in DS1 the distance between you and your target would affect the resulting damage. not in DS2, here you do roughly the same damage regardless of how far away you are. it takes a bit of strategy out with that aspect removed as you don't have to worry about your dps with a bow unless your completely out of range.

edit: also seems as if enemies no longer have "sweet spots" foryou to get critical hits in with a bow. i could shoot a alonne captain in the chest 3 times quickly and stagger him or if i'm lucky, i could do the same with head shots and have roughly the same damage and still only stagger him but neither method would ever be a critical hit for extra damage.

i still like the archery but its a bit less effective in DS2.
    Last edited by treos; 15th-May-2014 at 10:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Don't feel bad, I did the same thing.

Me: Oh, wonder what's up here...

Pursuer: Hai.

Me: NOPENOPENOPE

In case anyone is also wondering, you can actually parry his attacks. You can't get a riposte off of it, but if you're quick you can pull a ballista shot. That being said I haven't been able to parry him with enough time to fire a bolt without him dancing all over the place. I lack discipline.
    Yeah the problem with parrying the Pursuer is that if you fuck up even once he sticks that sword of his up your pooper.

I found the Guardian Dragon fairly easy and did it solo as well. Just stand below him when he flies up and Lightning Spear, Lightning Spear, Lightning Spear (or any ranged attack you have). Rinse and repeat. The Ancient Dragon I'm finding a bit more challenging, only tried it as a summoned phantom because I don't feel the need to defeat it myself.

Thanks
    EP Points

O.O you can infuse havel's weapon (the Dragon Tooth) too? geez, i mean, i like being OP but this is just overkill. heaviest and strongest armor+ shield and you can even customize the weapon as well...wonder how stupidly powerful it'd be power wielding 2 of those teeth on top of the armor. may as well be god mode in melee combat. i know its a fairly slow weapon but its the kind where you get 1 good hit in and thats it for most enemies.

edit: huh, well thanks navlaan, seems by killing you i managed to max out my Way of the blue covenant just now.
    Last edited by treos; 15th-May-2014 at 11:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm in Way of Blue myself and kinda love it. I have nothing against honorable Bloodbros that put their summon sign down for dueling, but when someone invades my world without my permission just to ruin my day, all bets are off. When a Blue Sentinel teleports in I'm like "fuck yeah the cavalry has arrived" and we usually kick the invader's ass together.

Edit: Oh wow, listen to this. People's douchiness knows no limits. I got invaded in that underground hole where the Dark covenant leader is sitting in his chair, and the invader kept circling near the guy in hopes that I would accidentally kill the NPC when trying to stab him.

In the end I killed the invader and promptly gave him the "decapitate" gesture. He fucking earned it.
    Last edited by Gare; 15th-May-2014 at 13:08.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

In your face Ancient Dragon!

Thanks
    EP Points

So I finally graduated my character into NG+, what are some of the cool items you guys think I should be collecting while in there? I hear there are even new armor sets and shit. (yeah I know there's a wiki but I'm curious about personal opinions)

Thanks
    EP Points

So I finally graduated my character into NG+, what are some of the cool items you guys think I should be collecting while in there? I hear there are even new armor sets and shit. (yeah I know there's a wiki but I'm curious about personal opinions)
    For the most part, I think it's just the +2 variants of rings that bosses drop now (some of them make a useless ring into a completely functional ring). The only ring that is completely new that I can think of off the top of my head is Gower's Ring of Protection in the Shaded Woods area of the game. Incidentally the WotG/Gower's Ring combo is hilarious.

A lot of the new sets usually only drop off enemies that don't respawn which is a little disheartening. For instance the Shadow Set only drops from the Suspicious Shadows that spawn with Flexile Sentry, and Onionbro armor only drop from the non-respawning Onionbro in Soldier's Rest.

That being said neither of those sets are fashion souls enough for me, though the shadow mask and shadow top are pretty cool. So that's something to take into consideration if you plan on farming for armor sets.

ALSO, there are a lot more Black Phantom enemies running around in NG+ so be wary of that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, now I know, this is what I absolutely need from the NG+ selection:

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.co...d#.U3Vdh_mSxgw

Pumping my souls into STR and INT now just to be able to wield it when I get it.

Edit: Oh btw, that Shadow set you mentioned can be farmed until it drops. I saw a video of it the other day, you basically enter the boss room, kill the guys that drop it, and if they didn't drop it, instantly quit the game right there (just to the title screen, of course ). When you reload, the boss room will reset and those enemies will respawn as well.

Edit2: Can't believe this shit. Got invaded by a cheater that threw dozens of gear degrading items at me. Tried fighting back but obviously he was invincible. So now ALL my gear is broken. How mean spirited can some people be? Reported him on Steam but I doubt it will do anything.
    Last edited by Gare; 16th-May-2014 at 01:59.