Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
The program probably saved the empty space because you had selected a 2048K eeprom in the drop down. The FF's at the end of code do not matter since an empty eeprom already has FF's in every location. Eeproms change 1's to 0's when programming, but cannot go the other way. If you want to cut off the FF's at the end, you can do so in HxC but it won't really make a difference unless you try to program that 2048 code to a 1024 or 512 eeprom.
Personally I keep all of my ROM files unswapped and just swap them when I am programming a new eeprom. I never save anything in Willem's Buffer unless I am reading a chip.

Yes, the eeproms are almost pin-for-pin compatible. The only differences are listed in the diagram in the first post. The difference will only affect your work if you are using a larger eeprom on a board supporting a smaller memory space.
Thanks, I had never 'saved' a buffer before so was just confused for a bit X)
I was preparing a bin to try out a burning service from where I ordered some 16b EPROMs. An extra 50 cents when you buy an EPROM, thought it might be useful for people without burning HW if they really want to make a cart.
Thanks again, this thread was really helpful for me. Too many 'bad' habits from doing NES carts
Yogi