Hello, these days I found out something curious about "dark seed" pc and I thought maybe it could be an interesting fact or difference to point or whatever, as a general info thing.
the cd version has different music than the diskettes version. the midi files are the same but the cd version sounds more "crude", "simple", "basic". it lacks drums and several instruments, it sounds as if 3 or 4 channels were muted. the cd version features full voices, the diskettes version doesn't but the music sounds complete. I think they could have done it because of the hardware limitations of the era, maybe a 286 or 386 with 1 or 2 mb ram couldn't play the full midi files and the voices at the same time. it totally sounds as if the diskettes version used the opl3 chip and the cd version used opl2. also, the cd version's setup has only the controls options, it doesn't let you choose between adlib, sound blaster or pc speaker, maybe they forced adlib music and removed the audio settings menu. oh, btw, it's not a compatibility problem or settings or anything like that. I tested it both on real hardware and dosbox. on the real pc with DOS I used an ISA sound blaster 16. it behaves the same both on real pc and dosbox: the diskettes music sounds better and complete, the cd version music sounds weak, crude, simple and more basic.

here's the floppy version:

here's the cd version: