Thread: Anyone know of PC drivers for the PS2 EyeToy?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Question Anyone know of PC drivers for the PS2 EyeToy?

I got one of those EyeToy things for the PS2 today.

It's basicly a webcam with motion tracking on it and what I'm after are some PC drivers for his cool lil gizmo although I suspect there arn't any yet. I say yet, because someone will make some at some point that will be compatable.

But if anyone knows of drivers that are working now please let me know, or a site that has drivers and hacks related to Console things working on a PC that I might find more info on (Even if they don't mention EyeToy I would still be interested).

(I lost all my links like that a while back)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

How is the eyetoy BTW? I've heard some pretty good things about it so far.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well I got it for the kids realy but it is fun and would be great for party material

Some great effects and games for it all included aswell

It's hard to go into detail though but you can see some of the fun stuff at www.eyetoy.com (Mainly the games)

In total you get the camra plus 12 games & and a number of effects to play with that have various distortations

examples:
    "Copy Cat" that simply delays the TV playback (gets a chance to sneek up quick and do stuff behind someones back then they see it 2 secs later LOL)
    "Mirror" a bit like a fun house of mirrors, you should get the idea

You can even video yourself for 10 seconds to 60 seconds with sound but you if you want to save it you need alot of memory card space.

you can also save pictures.

I also think those that love the dance Mat games would love this aswell there is a dancing type game (More uppper body dancing though) with a few tracks to choose from.

Anyway yeah it's fun for all ages, specially while with friends.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-July-2003 at 01:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ok, sorry I couldn't really help you there, but I heard some other guys talk about it in another forum, and I don't think there's any drivers/hacks yet.

Have you tried default/universal drivers for webcams that came standard in windows?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

yeah no good and I think you probly found the same info I did been looking myself the last 2 days well since I posted that.

I even found the makers web page Namtai who also make stuff for Logitek but as stated by the other forums the Logitek drivers are no good along with the other one mentioned (Forgot who it was)

It is new though so I guess I will just have to wait till some smart arse makes a working PC driver for it.

P.S. as an extra note wasn't there a similar thing used for a light gun games for ducking under a table or something like that to tell the game you are ducking to reload or to dodge incoming fire, think the game was Police 2510 (dunno bout the numbering thats a pure guess)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Zorlon
    P.S. as an extra note wasn't there a similar thing used for a light gun games for ducking under a table or something like that to tell the game you are ducking to reload or to dodge incoming fire, think the game was Police 2510 (dunno bout the numbering thats a pure guess)
    Police 24/7 maybe...? I'm not sure if that's what it's called, but I know the one, the arcade version sort of had a metal cage type thing that you stood in and that tracked your movement... Kinda fun.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I think thats the one, I guess I guessed way off LOL, I just knew there were numbers at the end of the title

I just remember reading up on the duck sensor thing for the PS2 copy of Police 24/7

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]