Thread: EmuGames

lockecole Guest

Default EmuGames

I just finished playing FF VI for the third time on ZSNES, and now I have no game to play. Most of my ROMs are crap. The one thing I CAN do is play FF VII on ePSXe (see 'FF VII emu torubles' and 'ps1 emulator' in 'everything emulation') but because my friends disc is so scratched, I've encountered a rather humourous glitch. Out of every game in the world, what game would you suggest I play.

Pre~requisets:

Must be for SNES, or N64, or PSX
    SHOULD be either an RPG (I.E. Final Fantasy), a strategy game (I.E. Starcraft) or an adventure game (I.E. Legend of Zelda)
    Someone must give it to me if I don't have it (I'll trade)

Thats all I can think of. At the moment, I'm playing Paper Mario, which is an AWESOME game (IMHO) BUT, It just doesn't feel the same with an emulator

Thanks
    EP Points

Well i would suggest Ogre Battle 64.. it's an RTS RPG... or somthing along those lines.. and i would give it to you.. if only my friend would give me my N64 Rom CD's back...

or maby you should try Harvest Moon 64... its a good RPG as well. but not in the typical way..

lockecole Guest

What is an 'RTS RPG"? Real-time strategy? Like StarCraft, or Age of Empires? Sure. Harvest Moon. I played the SNES, and it got very boring, very fast. But my friend says that the 64 version isn't like that. If you get your ROM CD back, then lets trade. This is what I have:

Gameboy:
    Legend of Zelda Seasons/Ages

NES:

Darkwing Duck, Dragon worrior (all) Final Fantasy (all) Kirby (the original) Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3, and both Zelda games

SNES:
    DonkeyKong 3, EarthBound (crappy battle, but HILARIOUS if you look for the jokes) Secret of Evermore, FF CT, IV, V, VI Mystic Quest, HarvestMoon, Illusion of Gaia, Kirby Superstar, Kirby Dreamland 3, and the golf game w/kirby, Lufia II, Mario RPG, and All Stars/Super Mario World, Paladin's quest, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu III, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's cookie, and Zelda

64: Mario Party 3 and Paper Mario

Thanks
    EP Points

yes by RTS i ment Real time Strategy... though its not totaly like starcraft.. or a Real Time strategy game.. its just diffrent but sort of the same.. if you know what i mean.. and sure i would give/trade.. them to you.. maby i should ask my friend to give them back some time.. soon.

neogeomad Guest

Well the first and only game that popped into my mind was Chronotrigger, an RPG on SNES / PSX. Highly recommended square soft game, no jobs but there's other stuff to make up for it (don't wanna spoil it ), highly replayable

Edit: And also some of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. And a neat story line

lockecole Guest

I played it. I don't like the battle system (It's cool, but I don't like the fact that they don't have all the standard Magics and stuff, and not enough status ailments) but the Storyline, an dthe fact that the most innocent-seeming choice (should I plant the tree, or burn it?) can make a HUGE difference. I played it with a walkthrough, so when I finished the game, I felt guilty. But, I only got one ending: The one where you've done EVERYTHING

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Parasite Eve for the Playstation. I like that game.

lockecole Guest

Don't got it

Thanks

If you want some more RPG's, I highly suggest the Namco's Tales series. Very atypical of the genre, very fun.

There's Tales of Phantasia for the SNES (you'll have to get a translation patch from www.dejap.com, it was only released in Japan), and Tales of Destiny and Tales of Destiny 2 for the PSX. Phantasia will help you adapt to the style and gameplay more, and offers the best story of the three. Destiny 2 on the other hand, while offering a more lighthearted, less deep storyline, features massive playability, and is thoroughly enjoying.

Thanks

Try FF4 or FF5, best ff in history (IMHO), but don't get sick looking at FF4 Graphics, it's like a needle in an eye...

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I would bet my money on Secret of Mana 2 or Terranigma. Both great RPG that you certainly will learn to love.