Thread: GBA Movie Player

Thanks

Default GBA Movie Player

Has anybody purchased and tried out the GBA Movie Player? When using the conversion program to convert the movies, shouldn't there be some sort of progress shown? I tried converting a movie and let it run all night for about 10 hours. When I came back to check on it, I couldn't tell anything about how far it had gotten into the conversion. It looked just like it did when I had left. Is there supposed to be some sort of progress display that I'm just not getting for some reason?

Thanks
    EP Points

No i have not, but that Panasonic Q, and PSX look freakin awesome. I might save for the Panasonic Q...then buy it

az_bont Guest

I don't own the player, but I did try out the software. When you click 'Convert' on the main tab it should show you a video preview. It won't advance very far for the first few minutes, because this is when it's encoding the audio. After that, it should pick up.

Thanks

does this software make roms that i can play on visualboy???

az_bont Guest

No, but there is software out to let you do this.

Thanks

cool...do you know of a good place to find software like this?

az_bont Guest

There's a download link and some useful info here: http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=45246&highlight=

Thanks

Well, I figured out what the problem was with it not showing me any progress. I'm running WinXP and installed the program as an Administrator. When I logged off the Administrator account and back to my regular account, I forgot to give write access to the folder I was trying to save the conversion to, and, therefore, Windows wouldn't let it write any data to that location. Therefore, it wasn't showing any progress because, obviously, it wasn't making any progress. Anyways, I've taken care of the problem now and it's working great. If anybody is interested in this product, I would highly recommend it. It has great quality and it's perfect for showing videos that you have on your computer to your friends. Anyways, thanks for all the help.

Thanks

Originally posted by az_bont
    There's a download link and some useful info here: http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=45246&highlight=
    thank you for this link...i wonder if there is a way around the size limit

Thanks

Originally posted by trclinkscales
    thank you for this link...i wonder if there is a way around the size limit
    What size limit? The only limit to the size is the size of the flash card you have. So if, for example, you have a 256 MB CompactFlash card, the limit is 256 MB. Therefore, the bigger the flash card is, the more space you will have for movies. By the way, it IS possible to have more than one movie on the card at a time. You just select the one you want to watch from a menu.

Thanks

ok i just read something incorrectly on that site...i though it said the rom or whatever could only be 32mb...im going to have to get a flash card for my gba sometime this year

az_bont Guest

No, it is right. You cannot have a single ROM larger than 256Mb, which is equal to 32MB. The GBA cannot handle anything larger than that. You can get larger carts, but an individual ROM cannot be larger than 256Mb, or 32MB.

Simple answer: split up your movies into smaller chunks.

Thanks

that is really good i used the program and i made a video and i played it on visual boy and it doesn't look bad its practically like using visual boy advance as a video player

Thanks

i realize that the gba cant handle higher then that but can the emulators???

Thanks

ill try that out