Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mutated 56k connection......`

redd18 Guest

Default mutated 56k connection......`

on direct connect i found a playstation iso boot program...now at 56 k to download a 40 megs file would normally take me 4 or 5 steady hours of downloading....for some strange odd reason my average download speed was 10.79kb a sec.it finished in 58 minutes!!!!i go to download a 2 meg file...now im down to 2.56 kb a sec....god i want the other speed back!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

totte Guest

that was a bit difference in speed

Thanks

On my 56k connection I have an average of aboute 4kbps.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

cheyo Guest

I used to have 10kbps on my 56K connection, but that was for just a sec. then it used to drop to 3~2kbps.

slayer6896 Guest

you all have vary low kpbs rates, on my 56k i normaly run about 18kpbs.

cheyo Guest

those are the thing you don't hear everyday

Zerostrike Guest

Damn, you're lucky, I average 4 kbps.

slayer6896 Guest

when i first got connected to the internet i would use download accelerators but i quit using them and the speed slowed down alot until i quit using ie and started using mozilla as my web browser and they started speeding up again.dont know why tho.

redd18 Guest

slayer....how in the hell do you get 18????especially on a regular basis.

slayer6896 Guest

it is probley the times i download at because if u download at later times like in between 1am and 5 am downloads tend to run a bit faster. also if you have a lot of icons in your tray at the bottem of the screen it tends to slow everything on your computer down. so make sure u dont have a lot of icons in your tray. or just get a download accelerator if your desprite.download accelerator is a good one. if you need it just contact me some how and i will send it to you

Thanks

I average 5kb on my crappy 56k modem

super vegeta ss Guest

back when i had 56k i would only average 4-5 kbs (no mater what time it was, night or day). now that i have cable i have been able to d/l files up to 700 kbs (so far), but usually it's anywhere from 40-300 kbs. i hated 56k

Thanks
    EP Points

56k @ 18kbps, he probably means 18 kilo bits per second.. I can get about 7kb/s out of my 56k @ times. It has also risen to 17kb/s but that usually happens for ASCII files which can be compressed really well! (Try downloading a walkthrough from emuparadise, would come @ about 12kb/s on 56k)

slayer6896 Guest

MasJ i ment 18kbs not kbps i screwed up on it and it is not on a desktop computer it is no a labtop which do run faster than desktop