Thread: My Computer Is Going Down. Before I Do Anything, I Have A Few Questions.

Thanks

Default My Computer Is Going Down. Before I Do Anything, I Have A Few Questions.

Hey guys. My PC is dieing. Poor thing. I'm going back to Windows ME. XP Killed me. Too many bugs... crashes. But a few questions. Is there any chances I may lose everything on my PC, like software, and files when I go back to Windows ME? :\ I'm not very good at reformating and stuff. I want to keep everyhting and just downgrade it back to ME so I can be happy. Now... just yesterday, while taking care of something on my PC, I downloaded a program someone recommended me, and now... I am flooded with running processes. I usually have around 32 processes running in the background, now I have 82. My PC is almost unworkable, and I had to quickly open Task Manager and close down everyhting I saw was bazarre. Such as jkfldjaljf.exe , and urejlk.exe, and fjkdmc.exe. Nope, I'm not making any typos, it's like that. Here's a screenshot earlier before I closed it down. Now, If you excuse me, let me post this, and I 'll edit it again. Just incase my PC crashes.

Ok, now that I'm back, here's a screenshot of it earlier. I've end it all by now.

When I go back to Windows ME, do I still have all the adware and spyware on my PC? And will this still happen? Thank you, lots..
    Last edited by ((KvN)); 18th-June-2004 at 15:08.

Thanks

if you're not wiping anything from the hardisk,and you're only changing the OS it'll definately still be there.just get some spyware cleaner or something....

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]
    The Walkmen ~ Bows & Arrows [8.5/10]
    The Shins ~ Oh, Inverted World
    Explosions In The Sky ~ How Strange, Innocence
    Caribou ~ The Milk of Human Kindness
    J�hann J�hannsson ~ Vir�ulegu Forsetar

Thanks
    EP Points

seriously try a free virus scanner like grisoft's AVG an also get some spyware programs.

Don't change your OS to something just as bad as XP (if not alot worse) like ME, it has at least as many security problems as XP anyway.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

If that fails then do a manual file backup and do a clean format. solves all your problems.
    Trade list:
    http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin...450#post443450

"Do not place your head into the plastic bag or you might risk suffocating." - Warning on some plastic Bags

Thanks

Yes, recently, I have a bunch of programs, like AVG Virus Scanner, Search & Destroy Spyware scanner, Ad-Aware, a lot of stuff. It keeps comming back. Is it because of my internet cookies that's tracking them in?

Oh, and My PC was originally Win ME, but then I upgraded to XP, and I started having problems. I had no problems with ME. I just think that my PC is really weak for XP.
    Last edited by ((KvN)); 18th-June-2004 at 17:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

You could delete all your internet cookies and try to rescan for spyware. That does look like you have a virus and spyware. You should also get a firewall like ZoneAlarm.

Thanks
    EP Points

Theres a chance that the spyware just downloads itself at the start up, so once you get rid of it, you restart and it comes back. Get hijackthis, scan, then save a log, and post it here

Thanks

Thanks Deach. I downloaded it already before when you posted it. So I'll scan it this time and post the log.

That's true that it always restarts. I deleted the virus and spyware, and it seems to come back. trojan Virus I believe.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok I'll look through it

And when you start up your computer, do you get an error message saying "wtoolsa.exe" ?

Thanks

Download Spysweeper. IT gets rid of all spyware and adware. Kicks ass. You can get it at www.webroot.com

Thanks

Deach: Thanks a lot. wow, haha, it's almost like you know it. It doesn't pop up the error, but it seems that it's always asking for internet connection. I don't know what that is though.

and thanks Jawz, I think I'll try that.

Thanks

You would be mad to switch to ME from XP. Although XP requires more resources, it's the most stable version of Windows out there. Go grab a virus scanner and Spybot or AdAware. www.trendmicro.com has a free online scanner called HouseCall, it's pretty good. I used it before I got myself a copy of Symantec/Norton AV.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, delete these in hijackthis

C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsS.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WSup.exe

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe

I'm sure theres more, so I'll search google for all those processes

Thanks

Wow, you deserve something for this, taking your time searching on google, haha! Alrighty.

Thanks

I don't have much experience with ME, but i suggest 2K if you have it. If not, i can't see a problem with ME...