Thread: EVIL Dreamcast Image

Thanks

Default EVIL Dreamcast Image

Ok, I have a question.
    I downloaded a Dreamcast game (THPS2) off of bittorrent and it was successful. It came out in files .001-.027 so I got out 7-zip as my first impression. The extract was successful but the output file was E-THPS2. which means no extension. So then I thought "maybe 7zip screwed it up" so I went to the authors site, got the program from there and...... same thing. I tried mounting the file in Daemon Tools but Chanka wont read the disc and I've tried renaming it to .iso, and .cdi but nothing more than the last. I am at a loss here and if anybody has had any experience with something like this or knows a way to run the file as is, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Winged 2.0; 2nd-July-2004 at 16:26.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try extracting it with WinRAR instead.

I found sometimes 7-zip extracts that type of archive incorectly and without extension as you have discribed yourself.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I also tried the authors extract program. But I'll try winrar. What do I have to lose?

Thanks
    EP Points

You did it right to extract it with 7zip. The file you have you need to put a .rar extension on it. Then extract it with RAR.

Thanks

Hmm, what Zorlon said, worked. I'm thinking that knowitmans theory would have as well.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You could if you wanted, set *.001 files to always open with WinRAR to make things work a lil quicker

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yea, usually if you set .001 files to open with WinRAR, it will come up with the file you want inside the small file but then use the other files to completely extract it.