Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hardcore

Thanks
    EP Points

I think you're the one that's confused, mate. There's two types of hardcore, and it sounds to me like you're thinking of the shitty dance music type. We're talking about the punk influenced style of hardcore here, bands such as Sick Of It All and The Bled. These two styles have no relavance to one another, they just unfortunately happen to share the same name.

Thanks

The Bled = Awesome

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Fury
    The Bled = Awesome
    They sure are. I saw them live just over a month ago, along with 36 Crazyfists, My Chemical Romance and Funeral For A Friend. The Bled were the opening band, and I'm not joking when I say this, the whole crowd was moshing away within about 5 seconds of the band appearing onstage. Fantastic concert, every single band was amazing that night.

Thanks

oh, in very confuddled. Somebody explain

Thanks

This thread is about Hardcore punk/metal/rock/alt-music.

We think you're getting it confused with 'Happy' Hardcore - dance/trance/techno music. I used to listen to it all the time actually....
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

i thought that was what this thread was about, i really like hardcore just not the dance shite, thnx for clearing that up for me

Thanks

Originally posted by Cosmic
    They sure are. I saw them live just over a month ago, along with 36 Crazyfists, My Chemical Romance and Funeral For A Friend. The Bled were the opening band, and I'm not joking when I say this, the whole crowd was moshing away within about 5 seconds of the band appearing onstage. Fantastic concert, every single band was amazing that night.

I saw them back in march with the hope conspiracy, what state are you in? I'm in southern california, good shows ou here all the time. I dont really mosh, i hardcore dance. But i know what you mean. As soon as the bled started playing i swung my fist and busted open a circle. I just saw scars of tomorrow recently, they put on an amazing live show.

Thanks

Any of you guys listen to Devil Driver? Personally, I think they're pretty tight.

Thanks

Is Acid Bath Hardcore? also is slayer?

Thanks

Originally posted by Killswitch
    Any of you guys listen to Devil Driver? Personally, I think they're pretty tight.
    DevilDriver, yeah its great. It's not hardcore though, it's pure Nu metal(like Static X, but much better). It has some influence from black metal and metalcore too. However, the lyrics are quite cheesy at times... like "Don't you know, our lives are on trial. And if we lose, we're going straight to hell.(repeat twice)".
    I mean... wtf? The vocalist isn't all that good either, but at least they pull off some decent instrumental work.
    The song "Die(and die now)" is pretty nice, as well as "Knee Deep".

Meh... I haven't seen any great American metal bands recently besides Arsis(one of my fav. DM bands) and Lamb of God(metalcore). It's all Nu metal nowadays(Soulfly, Slipknot, etc.)

Vivi: Slayer is thrash metal, much like the old Metallica and Megadeth.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Fury
    I saw them back in march with the hope conspiracy, what state are you in? I'm in southern california, good shows ou here all the time. I dont really mosh, i hardcore dance. But i know what you mean. As soon as the bled started playing i swung my fist and busted open a circle. I just saw scars of tomorrow recently, they put on an amazing live show.
    I'm from England. Cornwall, to be precise. We rarely get any good bands coming down this end of the country, so it was awesome when we had a weekend of great music. The FFAF gig was on a Sunday, and I'd also been to see Ash, Saves The Day and The Crimea on the Friday. None of the Friday bands were hardcore, but it was still a good show. The FFAF concert completely owned it, though. The atmosphere was way better, and the crowd were much more into the bands. FFAF said they'd be back here next year, so hopefully they'll bring more great bands with them.

Originally posted by Soeru
    The vocalist isn't all that good either, but at least they pull off some decent instrumental work.
    It's the guy from Coal Chamber. Dez something, can't spell his second name... it begins with 'F'.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 10th-July-2004 at 17:42.

Thanks

Fuckhead?
    Heh, I didn't know it was the same vocalist... then again, I've never listened to Coal Chamber.

Thanks

Fury, don't come to any gigs near me. I may be into hardcore now, but I'm still way too much of a metalhead to appreciate any of this elbows-and-flying-kicks-to-the-head shit. I was standing there watching Mindsnare at MFTB last year and this guy just punched me in the gut, because they were a hardcore band.

And Jim, LOG own you hard. Meanwhile, I've been meaning to listen to Shadows Fall for quite some time. *Gets on it...

Thanks

that guy was probably an asshole. Hardcore dancing isn't about hurting people, its about just having fun. I never hit any one on purpose. Those kind of hardcore kids are assholes.

Thanks

zao. anah aevia.

get on your bikes and ride!