Thread: Computer problem

Thanks

Default Computer problem

Ok I am using Windows XP Home Edition, and the problem is, My computer seems to be crashing randomly.
    I think it has somthing to do with Norton Anti-Virus, because every time I try to do a scan, the computer just restarts half way through.
    Plus, it seems to crash only when the Norton Anti-Virus process is running (which it is by default during startup).

Thanks

NO idea, but try running ad-aware and spybot: search and destroy if you can.

possibly try updating your virus scanner before you scan?

Thanks

Reinstall Norton and try scanning again. Maybe your machine just can't handle Norton? Post your specs here.

Thanks

My computer came with Norton installed, and never had problems before. Plus, its a pretty new computer.
    I have tried Ad-aware and spybot SD, but they cant seem to fix the problem.

Thanks

Get something that monitors your system tempurature. I used to have this kind of problem, and it was due to my processor reaching dangerous tempuratures. If it goes over 70 degrees celsius, get something that will cool it down like SpeedFan, or just a better cooling system. Hope this helps