Thread: .MDF File

Thanks

Default .MDF File

Ok, Im not sure if this is the right place to put this but anyways:

I downloaded this PSX game and it is in .mdf format, and it doesn't work (at least not with ePSXe).

So my question is, what is .mdf? And, is there any way that I can get this game to run?

Thanks

You have to burn it using alchol 120%

Thanks

And if you dont want to burn it, you can mount it into a virtual drive using Daemon Tools.

A virtual drive is a "pretend" cd drive that the computer thinks is an actual drive.

Thanks

You Also can mount with alchahol

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok. Let me give a little more info and some links.

You can do this with Alcohol 120% www.alcohol-soft.com but this program isn't free.

I would recommend Daemon's Tools. It is free. http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php

When you install this program you need to restart your computer.

Then when you restart you will have a little icon in your taskbar That has a lightning bolt. Click on it and you will see an option that says Device 0 and then something like No media.

Click there and it will bring you to an open file box.

Browse around until you get to your mdf, mds file. When you open it this image will be a virtual drive.

If you open my computer you will notice a new CD drive. This program adds a CD drive and puts the image into this virtual drive.

Now open ePSXe.

Configure the CD plugin to use the CD in the new virtual CD drive Daemon's Tools created.

Now go to File and Run CD.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch
    Ok, Im not sure if this is the right place to put this but anyways:

I downloaded this PSX game and it is in .mdf format, and it doesn't work (at least not with ePSXe).

So my question is, what is .mdf? And, is there any way that I can get this game to run?
    i don't know what game it is but for mdf files to work in epsxe simply change the file type to open(if you select open iso) it should work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theotheimpaler
    i don't know what game it is but for mdf files to work in epsxe simply change the file type to open(if you select open iso) it should work
    No I tried that already, the game didn't load.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch
    No I tried that already, the game didn't load.
    What game is it if you don't mind me asking?(Just a horrible feeling i got)

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry For the double post but i think this needs to be seperate from the other message. I have an mdf psx game here now if you want to convert it to a different file you need a virtual drive and alcohol 120%(what i used)

1.Mount your mds(not mdf)file into the virtual drive(daemon tools) then open alcohol 120%(I'm Using a trial version)

2. Select the option, image making wizard and tell it to make a normal cd(you can select if you want it to be a iso,clone cd and other file type) and to get the image from your virtual drive(probably E drive)

3. on the next screen it will ask you where you want this file put and what file you want it to be(select iso or clonecd as they seem to work best)

If you want there is also an option at the start of the image making wizard to make a playstation disk you can choose this as well but you can only make clonecd files whatever you like.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by theotheimpaler
    Sorry For the double post but i think this needs to be seperate from the other message. I have an mdf psx game here now if you want to convert it to a different file you need a virtual drive and alcohol 120%(what i used)

1.Mount your mds(not mdf)file into the virtual drive(daemon tools) then open alcohol 120%(I'm Using a trial version)

2. Select the option, image making wizard and tell it to make a normal cd(you can select if you want it to be a iso,clone cd and other file type) and to get the image from your virtual drive(probably E drive)

3. on the next screen it will ask you where you want this file put and what file you want it to be(select iso or clonecd as they seem to work best)

If you want there is also an option at the start of the image making wizard to make a playstation disk you can choose this as well but you can only make clonecd files whatever you like.

Hope this helps
    Or if its a PSX game you could just use Isobuster and not have to make a virtual drive at all, just open the ISO and extract to .bin...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    Or if its a PSX game you could just use Isobuster and not have to make a virtual drive at all, just open the ISO and extract to .bin...
    Ah, Touche.