Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Emu Paradise- The RPG (Planning Stage)

Thanks

Story- attack of the flying toe machines- all the big toes of people who drink coffee at Starbucks detatch themselves from the coffee drinker's feet because of the nanaomachines in all the the half caf latte grandes and start attacking all the christian first born daughters of the world to artificially inseminate them with camel sperm so as to breed camel human hybrids to take over the world and force everyone to use emulators because they is cool.
    ...Well at least this storyline hasn't been used anywhere else before.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

Hiya all. Although I'm really kinda new to your forums, Josh told me about your idea earlier today, and recommended GBA. I can totally build your game for GBA (and PC, for those that don't want to emulate it). There's a couple things I'd need, though, like a set story line/script for the game, and a dev team to help me out. I really think you all have something going on here, and would be glad to help. So like... yeah... what do ya think?

Thanks

I guess I could be the easiest boss. The ones that passes out right after the first attack.

"The empires of the future, are the empires of the mind"

~Winston Churchill

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough"

~Albert Einstein

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger
    Story- attack of the flying toe machines- all the big toes of people who drink coffee at Starbucks detatch themselves from the coffee drinker's feet because of the nanaomachines in all the the half caf latte grandes and start attacking all the christian first born daughters of the world to artificially inseminate them with camel sperm so as to breed camel human hybrids to take over the world and force everyone to use emulators because they is cool.
    ...Well at least this storyline hasn't been used anywhere else before.
    Yeah, I thank God that storyline hasn't been used elsewhere...

Thanks
    EP Points

Why dont' we put the story to base it on the the FF EP cartoons. You guys can use that as a basis and fill in the gaps as you go along. Once the entire story is complete you need authors to write out the script for the characters. Then good pixal artists are needed to draw the characters as we can try to be original. I know a guy that can possibly make music. Let's try to make this original and not use artwork or music made by others.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Let's try to make this original and not use artwork or music made by others.
    Yeah that sounds really cool but I think that's really hard to make
    We should make a new thread where people can tell what they can do to make this thing. Just an idea

Thanks

well, I do have Cakewalk Sonar 2003, so I make my own music. really, I just take music, tweak it, turn it around, and so on.

I was also thinking of using DarkBasic, and some other programs from that company to make my own sprites. I know this will be hard, but I'm willing to work on it, and maybe share some of it with you as I go on.

I really know we could do this. With all the people on EP, and my friend who is in DigiPen, we can and will make this.

Of course, It's pretty hard to make it 3d, but it should be easy to make it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by master
    Of course, It's pretty hard to make it 3d, but it should be easy to make it...
    Well why don't we make it like snes game??
    Just a Chrono trigger game with EP characters in it, that's easier to make

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    Well why don't we make it like snes game??
    Just a Chrono trigger game with EP characters in it, that's easier to make
    I don't see why SNES games would be easier to make than PC or GBA ones... Learning to make them for PC should be the easiest, actually, since there are tons of tutorials and what not for that everywhere... Anyway, why not make something really good and original? I'm more supportive of that idea.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks
    EP Points

most rpgs are from a birds eye view, maybe you could put some side scrolling aspects to it.

Thanks

I could do scriptwriting too, I like writing stuff like that. Don't no too much about DarkBasic, I'm afraid. I can't do too much with making sprites and such, but I am sure someone on these forums can. If I have to, I am sure I can come up with a couple people that are really good with any of the above to join if the project gets under way.

EDIT: I think it would be awesome if we put a base class, then as you get to more advanced classes, you need to fulfill more prerequisites to get to that class, kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Last edited by Huey Kruthas; 22nd-November-2004 at 20:23.
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks

ok, you guys, I can totally build your game on GBA and convert it around platforms (mainly SNES and PC), but I will need a dev team with guys that can do art and sound, as well as write a story. I'll need mappers, and people good with sprite design.

Thanks

I can do a story/script. I will ask some people if they want to help with some programming/art/sound tomorrow.

Thanks
    EP Points

If we are going to really make this I think a separate forum like Skinner's contest forum is needed. That way all the ideas will be in one place and can be easily found.

Thanks

Sounds like a good idea to me.