Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Make your voices heard, or else. Splendid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djnickname
    Maybe , but if you see that someone would spam up the forums it would turn into a ban.
    What I saw at another forum is that members where locked at a place where they first had to sign a form , then a admin needed to approve it and then they could post.
    So they needed to sign why they wanna join , how they found the forums , what they can mean etc etc ..that could be a idea maybe .. ( and if they are approved and the first thing they do is asking for games and screaming for a reseed will turn into a ban.)

Or another idea.

Many of these members are comming from SN , now if people upload there torrents to SN they aren't allow to relate the torrent to emuparadise , this way people never know where the torrents are from and they will never come here
    I don't think that first idea would work out too well. It'd be a hassle to do all that when you don't even know if you're going to like the place (and people in it) or not. I think just making the forums more attractive to newcomers is the way to go. I haven't seen any new people coming on here and then actually sticking around and posting regularly for a while now...
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Put a password on the RAR's. Not a simple password like "emuparadise.org" but a real password like "57fccG2281D" .
    And put these passwords somewhere on the site. Knowing that the ISO was leeched from EP.

EDIT--> That Arcade thingy will result in active users. Look on www.uxge.com, they also have a Arcade thingy on their site, and I like it.
    I often come there just to play some games and try to get the 1st place.
    Last edited by Nitramuse; 11th-December-2004 at 12:30.
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nitramuse
    Put a password on the RAR's. Not a simple password like "emuparadise.org" but a real password like "57fccG2281D" .
    And put these passwords somewhere on the site. Knowing that the ISO was leeched from EP.
    Personally I would hate it if every tracker did this with the torrents that went to SN, imagine the frustration not to mention the unrealiability of many sites that may be holding the password.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    Personally I would hate it if every tracker did this with the torrents that went to SN, imagine the frustration not to mention the unrealiability of many sites that may be holding the password.
    Agreed.
    Just put a simple .txt file in all .rar files with a thing that will relate to emuparadise
    In that case it won't be irritating and the people are still able to see where it's from

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah but most people dont even read the txt files when they come packed with a rar. Is there anyway we could auto-link them to the forums when they click on a download.

Thanks

Hmm tough question this.

I think if you could find a mod or regular member interested enough maybe you could have an interactive q and a. If you could find someone with a decent personality to "host" a thread for say, a day a week and ask trivia questions while members answer or host a discussion topic on the storyline of an RPG etc.
    You could have a different focus every week and make everyone aware that it was going to happen so they know when to log on and take part. This would all be heavilly dependent on the host to keep things interesting but if it became like an event that everyone was aware of then it might get people more willing to commit to the forum especially considering that the host would sort of guarantee a thread with interaction, whatever you say would pretty definately get a response.
    Interaction is key to maintaining people's interest, if you are a newbie and make a comment unless you say something especially stupid or clever chances are nobody will respond to you, and thus you get bored, if you could almost guarantee (positive) interaction then the newbie will get a warm and fuzzy bunny wunny feeling and want to come back to the forum.

oh yeah and the idea of making more rules (anti-spam and quotas and such) to keep people around seems a little counter productive to me. But then again I'm pretty stupid so I might be wrong.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger
    oh yeah and the idea of making more rules (anti-spam and quotas and such) to keep people around seems a little counter productive to me. But then again I'm pretty stupid so I might be wrong.
    They are a bit counter productive, but even though we want more new members, we don't want more spam We actullay want good members that will progress in the community, and at least stick around. If they get bored just by posting 50 posts in the "Newb Zone", I beleive they don't deserve what they can get here. (torrents, friends, etc etc )

It would be a good idea for us to post a bit in that newb zone too, so it doesn't stay uber dead, and members really get bored because no one answer to their questions.

I don't think passwording the files would be a great idea. That means everyone who has already compressed stuff, would have to recompress it only to put a small text file or something in it....
    I dunno what's the maximal filename length on the tracker and on the SN tracker, but maybe we could include a bit of publicity, like adding a [emuparadise.org] at the end of our files?
    Example: Crash Bandicoot 3 [NTSC-U][emuparadise.org].rar.torrent.

And since i'm such an arse, I would be happy to see an official torrent naming convention.
    Something cleaner, with all the informations needed...The country most of the time isn't included in the torrent name. I DO know alot of people that cannot play other region games. I cannot play PAL for example. So when I get a PAL game just because it wasn't written anywhere I gotta say I get a bit mad.

A good naming scheme could be including the name and the weird code (i dont remember the name :\)
    Example:
    CTR: Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426][emuparadise.org].rar.torrent.

This way, you know the game is NTSC-U, it's a full game (not demo) and you can know i you have this version already or another one.
    (to make a long short story, there is 2 CTR versions, the greatest hits and the original, and there is differences between them...)

Thanks

I doubt newbies would enjoy their time in a forum which doesn't let them post threads... Fixing the server problems is a priority... The current set of rules has nothing wrong with it, I believe...

Thanks
    EP Points

Trivia Section sounds pretty cool.

Thanks

It seems to me that things are starting to pick up again. Good.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCDART
    I'm really liking that one.
    Yes? Yes, well, yes?

Thanks
    EP Points

So...What we gettin?

Thanks

A silver dildo and a thermodynamic vibrator

There is only one way to get more members. More publicity. But the way someone put it was very true. More Publicity=Raped by ISDA.

We're really up the preverbial creek without a paddle, ain't we?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not really. I believe it was also said that not all types of publicity would put us in the IDSA's sights. We just have to look into them.

Thanks

Ok, good point.

We do need more members, but the problem that I find is that for every 10 or so members we get in here, only 1 or 2, at most, are actually good members. Some flame, some spam, some are dangerous to society.

Somehow, we need to filter out all these people, n00bs, if you will, so we can continue to have the community as it is. I think the n00b problem is what is driving people away.