Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast

Thread: what have you read recently?

Thanks

I just finished reading a marvel comics novel-a spiderman one...younger audience than what most people seem to be reading...hmmm...

Thanks

I have just started reading "The Roaring Nineties" by Joseph Stiglitz.

At the moment, I'm not sure what to make of it.

Thanks

I just finished reading "The Haunting of Hill House" by Shirley Jackson, and now started with "Ringworld" by Larry Niven

Thanks

I'm halfway through "Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody" but I'm not willing to finish it.. Am planning to read either Crime and Punishment or Alice Through the Looking Glass now..

Thanks

i'm reading the new Michael Crichton book!

State of Fear

it sounds really good and i've just started, so i'm pumped.

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks

I got done reading War of the Worlds and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Now I am re reading The Republic and I just starting re reading Sun Tzu's Art of War
    "The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies."-Napoleon I

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."-Josef Stalin

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."-Adolf Hitler

"If the Gods want to punish us, they answer our prayers."-Oscar Wilde

"Tryanny comes in many forms but it is only through good men that we see the error of Tryanical Ways."-My Own

Thanks

Wink

just finished reading harry potter and the goblet of fire.
    currently reading harry potter and the order of the phoenix

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm finishing up Love Hina, then I'll probably read GTO.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can add Guards, Guards (Terry Pratchett), Take a Thief (Mercedes Lackey), and 1634: The Galileo Affair (Eric Flint, Andrew Dennis) to my list, and I'm reading Coyote (Allen Steele) now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    You can add Guards, Guards (Terry Pratchett), Take a Thief (Mercedes Lackey), and 1634: The Galileo Affair (Eric Flint, Andrew Dennis) to my list, and I'm reading Coyote (Allen Steele) now.
    Wow, you read more than I do. Wow.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Only when there's a library nearby. Otherwise it gets kinda expensive, which is another reason I love Baen Publishing. Not only do they have CDs in some of their books that have older books on them in various formats (Rich Text, HTML, etc...), but they have these same books online in the Baen Free Library. Recall the arguments about the RIAA's poor system of dealing with P2P and online filesharing, when I agreed with the school of thought that says their methods are positively Neolithic? Baen Publishing is a good example of a possible right idea, that free offers are perfect hooks, especially for merchandise where hard copies are so superior to the digital copies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    Only when there's a library nearby. Otherwise it gets kinda expensive, which is another reason I love Baen Publishing. Not only do they have CDs in some of their books that have older books on them in various formats (Rich Text, HTML, etc...), but they have these same books online in the Baen Free Library. Recall the arguments about the RIAA's poor system of dealing with P2P and online filesharing, when I agreed with the school of thought that says their methods are positively Neolithic? Baen Publishing is a good example of a possible right idea, that free offers are perfect hooks, especially for merchandise where hard copies are so superior to the digital copies.
    Thoroughly agreed. I have a smallish (only one room and floor!) library in this village, and there's a bigger (two floors, and it also has a newspaper room, a genealogy room and a quiet studying room) one in the town my school is in. I rarely buy books, though I have managed to get a bookcase more or less filled and I intend to get the thing linked to in my signature soonish. Woosh.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

I've read RING, SPIRAL, LOOP and BIRTHDAY by Suzuki Koji, I also read his newest book DARK WATER.
    I read Dark Water in English and the others in Japanese...Ring and Spiral have been released in English however Loop and Birthday aren't out until later this year.

And I also have been reading Kodomo no Omocha (Child's Toy) in japanese. I think it was licensed by Tokyopop so it should be coming out already or it will be soon.
    Oh I re-read Tenshi Kinryoku (Angel Sanctuary) again.

Oh I forgot one thing, I've 'read' a bunch of manga/dounjinshi lately because I translate it. I won't post the link for fear of spamming you all but if you'd like it just let me know.
    However these don't exactly count because I'm concentrating more on translating then just reading and enjoying. :3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Thoroughly agreed. I have a smallish (only one room and floor!) library in this village, and there's a bigger (two floors, and it also has a newspaper room, a genealogy room and a quiet studying room) one in the town my school is in. I rarely buy books, though I have managed to get a bookcase more or less filled and I intend to get the thing linked to in my signature soonish. Woosh.
    Goodness gracious you're wowed easy Skinner. I will politicise you.
    I am currently reading [i]Wage Labour and Capital]/i], by Karl Marx. I am also reading Good Muslim, Bad Muslim by a very, very good author whom I cannot recall. I am reading the huge, lovely, engaging siege weapon of a novel The History of the Russian Revolution by, OMG, Lev Trotsky. It is very un-biased, though it does not pretend to be objective, it is openly Left, but Left with facts. I'd love to get some time to read fiction as well, so I'll go down to Kinokuniya (the biggest bookshop in Sydney, and it's a chain! Well, it's one store per city, and there's only two in the US, so...) to pick up Phillip K. Dick: Collected Short Stories Volume 3.

Thanks

i'm just getting started on The Scarlet Letter.

get on your bikes and ride!