Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The F*ck Mario couple of days guild

Thanks

Default The F*ck Mario Thread [Not A Guild]

ok i'm just sick of how nintendo's only idea of makeing games more exciting is adding mario to every sport , or any game yeah i was good the first few times but now its just getting to be too much. Don't flame me i like the mario games but stick to your own genre if you know what i mean.
    Last edited by polokitty; 4th-February-2005 at 02:58.

Thanks

Mario + Sports = Garbage. You can only do so much with Mario. Nintendo has done just that.
    "I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn't one I'll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it's worth it."

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok this is a guild. Why is it in Free 4 all.

Thanks

its not really a guild thats why, Thanks for agreeing with me Domingo
    Last edited by polokitty; 4th-February-2005 at 02:57.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You called it a guild. So what is it? A guild, or a rant?

Even if it's not a guild, despite the fact that you're calling it one, it still doesn't belong in FFA. General Gaming would be where shit..er, threads like this go.

Oh, and I sorta disagree with you. I think Nintendo's farming out of thier characters is starting to get a little silly, but you have to look at it from their perspective. Soul Calibur II sold the most copies on the GC, and it was due in no small part to the inclusion of Link. I suppose it makes sense to them to continue on in such a manner. Hell, it doesn't hurt. If anything, it gives fans an incentive to buy the GC version of certain games.

As far as Nintendo branching Mario off into different genres of games, they aren't the only one's to do it, so lay off 'em. When a company has something popular, they tend to milk it for all it's worth. Nintendo's just cashing in on the popularity of Mario and crew, and doing so by releasing games in all sorts of different genres. If the games were terrible, I'd be with you. But generally speaking, and with few exceptions, the games are all pretty high-quality stuff. I'm perfectly fine with it myself. So yeah, I'm not gonna be joining this "guild"...
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 4th-February-2005 at 03:05.

Thanks

its called the guild for a couple days so it doesnt really deserve the full guild title anyways why dont i cahnge it then

Edit: I changed it too "The F*ck Mario Thread [Not A Guild]"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The point was that even if it isn't a guild, you still put it in the wrong place.

Meh. Since you insist it's not a guild all of a sudden, I'll move it to General Gaming.

Thanks

ok well thank you then sorry for makeing a big deal

Thanks

It may help nintendo make money but it makes me dislike them more and more. Mario should just die. I like games like mario 64 and his other platformer titles but the rest of these games are getting to annoy me. They should create a new character every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    Mario + Sports = Garbage. You can only do so much with Mario. Nintendo has done just that.
    Amen. Starting to get sick of mario. Seriously guys, new ideas would be nice.
    I like cookies.

And tacos.

Thanks

mario hunting would be fun.

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks
    EP Points

I actually enjoy alot of the sports titles. If they were pieces of rap, then i would agree, but they really arent.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Exactly. That's how I feel. As long as they're entertaining, does all this really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by tacos r people2
    Amen. Starting to get sick of mario. Seriously guys, new ideas would be nice.
    The same could be said for several developers out there. When a developer finds a hit franchise or character that people like, they'll continue to make games that feature that character. People like Mario, hense the continuation of the series and miriad of spin-offs. It's not to say that new franchises wouldn't be welcomed, but Mario himself still has a lot of life left in him, at least in my eyes. Again, as long as the games are good, then I say "Bring on the Mario games!".

Thanks

but i mean it's not neccesary to put them into games like Nba street 3 i mean if your goona make a sports game with them make your own .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You didn't even read my post, did you? Here, I'll type it again, since you missed it the first time:

I think Nintendo's farming out of thier characters is starting to get a little silly, but you have to look at it from their perspective. Soul Calibur II sold the most copies on the GC, and it was due in no small part to the inclusion of Link. I suppose it makes sense to them to continue on in such a manner. Hell, it doesn't hurt. If anything, it gives fans an incentive to buy the GC version of certain games.

See, third party games sell like crap on the GC, and including Nintendo characters in the GC builds of multi-system games gives people incentive to buy that version. Plus, it doesn't hurt anything to include Nintendo characters. You can play the game without ever using them if you so choose, or you can buy the game for another system if you don't want your game touched by Mario.

EDIT: In Fight Night Round 2, you can play as Little Mac from Punch Out, which is kinda cool. However, what makes the GC version stand out from the XBox and PS2 versions even more, is the inclusion of Super Punch Out!. It's these little extras that make these games all the more cooler, and give gamers more reason to pick up the GC build. That's not a bad thing IMO.

EDIT II: I'd like to clarify for you that it's not Nintendo that's putting these characters in the games. Rather, they're allowing developers to put them in the games if they so choose, in order to boost sales. Blame the developers for taking them up on the offer if you have to blame anyone.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 4th-February-2005 at 04:53.