Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Which next-gen console are you looking foward to next?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitaine
    XBOX 360. For one, XBOX completely revolutionized console gaming. Live, HDD, and LAN games. I want to see that continue. Two, I really don't like the PS3 controller.

Also, as far as the NR, the specs and pictures for XB360 and PS3 are all out, but NR is still hidden. It makes it hard for gamers to consider it. Also, it will only be 2-3 times more powerful than the GC, compared to PS3 30 times more than the PS2, or XB360 10 times more powerful than the XB. The GC is already the least powerful current-gen console on the market, which means it will sink lower, if it doesnt get that huge power increase.

Lastly, the GC had one HUGE gap. Online gaming. While the NR is going to have online (finally), people (including myself) will prefer to stick to already established online systems, like LIVE and PlayStationONLINE.
    Gamecube is the second most powerful console out right now dude

Thanks
    EP Points

XBOX 360. For one, XBOX completely revolutionized console gaming. Live, HDD, and LAN games. I want to see that continue. Two, I really don't like the PS3 controller.

Also, as far as the NR, the specs and pictures for XB360 and PS3 are all out, but NR is still hidden. It makes it hard for gamers to consider it. Also, it will only be 2-3 times more powerful than the GC, compared to PS3 30 times more than the PS2, or XB360 10 times more powerful than the XB. The GC is already the least powerful current-gen console on the market, which means it will sink lower, if it doesnt get that huge power increase.

Lastly, the GC had one HUGE gap. Online gaming. While the NR is going to have online (finally), people (including myself) will prefer to stick to already established online systems, like LIVE and PlayStationONLINE.

OK first Nintendo and ATI are working on new method of rendering... one that uses less processing power and produces better graphics... that's why it's Possible that the NR will only be 2-3 x more powerfull and still look better then the PS3...

Your other points are stupid as well. People will Play Nintendo Online... even if it's only for Super Smash Bros online.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 12th-June-2005 at 22:09.

Mikey_ Guest

yeah...thats another thing. i may bitch alot about how nintendo always releases kiddy systems but i rarely ever say how fun they are and how even more timeless they'd be if they had online capabilities. the 360 may be just like the xbox, with online stuff mainly for fps and sports games. the revo may expand their online situation to other types of games, not what the norm is now thanks to xbox.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p1rat3s_dc
    Gamecube is the second most powerful console out right now dude
    oh well. got my facts wrong. Xbox still rocks.

however...another thread on here (cant remember which, closed my browser by accident) had a link to an msn news thing....it said that old Nintendo classics will be available for a FREE download. Meaning...the revo will most likely have an HDD. Im actually thinkin about gettin the revo, now.
    [center]My ISO-making tutorial

MY ROM/ISO list

XBL Gamertag: El Capitaine.

Access my FTP (for any purpose, upload, download, PM me if you want to use it to facilitate a trade with someone)
    ftp://elcapitaine.serveftp.net (port21)
    User:Emuparadise
    Pass:561224

Thanks
    EP Points

however...another thread on here (cant remember which, closed my browser by accident) had a link to an msn news thing....it said that old Nintendo classics will be available for a FREE download. Meaning...the revo will most likely have an HDD. Im actually thinkin about gettin the revo, now.
    Nope no HDD... It will have Flash Memory...

Thanks

About the Revolution part, I think that there was an announcement that Nintendo doesn't plan on making all the games free.

Thanks

So Nintendo announced Revolution probably won't support High Definition DVD (there's an article on it on IGN somewhere). Just curious, who here care about this?
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

You mean High-Definition "display"...? There's a statement from Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan, which says: "With the technology being built into the Revolution, we believe the games will look brilliant and play brilliantly. This can all be done without HD".

I just happen to agree. Sadly, everyone else doesn't seem to... Where's the resident communist when you need him...?

Thanks

Am i the only one with out a HD tv???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by �p1r�t�S_dc�
    Am i the only one with out a HD tv???
    No dude....am with you

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    Thanked 13,311 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Ditto. I don't even know anybody IRL that has a HD TV.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

I'm looking forward to the PS3 the most, at least at the moment.
    Trogdor, Trogdor

Trogdor was a man
    Uhh...Maybe he was a Dragon-Man
    Uhh...Maybe he was just a Dragon
    Uhm...but he was still

Trogdor, Trogdor

Burninating the countryside
    Burninating the peasants
    Buriniating all the people
    in their Thatched Roof Cottages

Thatched Roof Cottages

And The Trogdor Comes in The Night.

Thanks
    EP Points

perhaps the price of the PS3 will have some influence

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/...manifesto.html

where as the gaybox.... erm, xbox 360 will be

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05...s_6126611.html
    Last edited by Panda Man; 16th-June-2005 at 16:36.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy
    19. NO MORE JUMPING PUZZLES IN FPS GAMES

We'll try to be calm and avoid the violent hyperbole that spoils so many gaming websites, but are you telling me that Congress can hold hearings about steroids in baseball, but they can't do anything about jumping puzzles in first-person games? YOU CAN'T SEE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING FEET. IT DOESN'T WORK.

I understand this occurring in games like Turok 3. That's why they're called bad games. But Half-Life 2? Are you serious? BOW YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

Chances that it will get bet-

-THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER DONE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. EVER. WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS? I DEMAND TO KNOW. WAS IT TUROK? WAS TUROK THE FIRST? THE VERY FIRST FUCKING PERSON TO EVER PUT A JUMPING PUZZLE IN A FIRST-FUCKING PERSON GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED, TIED DOWN AND HAD HIS EARS FILLED WITH PISS.
    Funniest shit I will ever read. Besides when he said, "The first time we hear the word "patch" in relation to a PS3 or XBox 360 game, we're taking the console back to the store. Filled with our shit."
    Damn this guy is hilarious.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brit
    Funniest shit I will ever read. Besides when he said, "The first time we hear the word "patch" in relation to a PS3 or XBox 360 game, we're taking the console back to the store. Filled with our shit."
    Damn this guy is hilarious.
    Well did you hear about Microsoft's Plan to have a Micro transaction gaming console... buy addons to your games... Woo that's going to be lots of fun.