Thread: playing a dvd file

Thanks

Default playing a dvd file

I recently downloaded gundam wing endless waltz onto my hard drive but I can't figure out how to watch it lol. Inside the folder there were 2 files an OGM file and an SFV file neither play show up if I try to play them on windows media player, divx player, quicktime or my power dvd player. I'm totaly clueless as to how to play these files. man this smily is cool

Thanks

You need to get the proper codec to play them.

I reccomend using zoom player and downloading codecs for it

Codecs : http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/formats/
    Player: http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

You'll need the OGG codec for you OGM file and I dunno about the SFV file.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks

The SFV is there to determine whether or not the file is corrupted. If the file didn't work and you wanted to see why, you download SFV checker and then drag the .sfv into it. Then it'll tell you if any of the files are corrupted.

I've had experience with the ogm/ogg files and since it's an anime, it might have dual audio (Japanese or English) which you can set to what you want to hear (even though I can't see why anyone would want to watch it dubbed...) But anyway, if Zoom player doesn't work (I've never tried it) get Media Player Classic and under "Play" you can select which audio output you want.

Thanks

Dude just get Videolan. Its really awesome. No need to install codecs on your comp. It will play just about every video file that is out there. It also plays half downloaded video files (limewire, emule, etc). You can get Videolan here....

http://www.videolan.org/

Also Videolan is really good in playing .ogm files as most of them usually have dual audio and subtitles inbuilt and you can change the Audio Language and turn subtitles on and off very easily in Videolan.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

thanks for the help guys I'm trying out the players now
    Life's always funny till it happens to you.

Thanks

btw, any idea if videolan will play mkv files as I am looking for a player that can do those aswell if at all possible

note: I have tried windows media player, videolan, and bs player and I tried installing the ffdshow, and the matroska packs but my mkv files won't play on either of them. In the case of windows media player when I open the folder it doesn't show up as having any files in it.
    Last edited by PimpMastah; 15th-August-2005 at 03:14.
    Life's always funny till it happens to you.

Thanks

Am not sure whether this will work but I would recommend you to uninstall ffdshow and/or any other codecs that you might have installed for playing .mkv files coz I think they are conflicting with each other or something and ffdshow is notorious for conflicting with other codecs.

Also, over here I can play .mkv files without any problems using videolan, and the only codecs that I have installed on my comp are Xvid codec and the AC3 filter codec and those are for playing xvid movies with AC3 audio (doh).

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

like....a dvd iso? I mount it and then run it with nero...
    CPU:Athlon X2 5000+ AM2 Socket, Ram:3x1GB Corsair 240pin PC6400, HDD:400gb Seagate 7200rpm SATA Monitor:28" Hanns G Widescreen LCD 3ms response time, 800:1 contrast ratio, GPU:Geforce 8800GT DDR2 512mb, MOBO:Asus M2N SLI Deluxe